Epson SC-F2000 bought six of them used - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

Epson SC-F2000 bought six of them used

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By splathead

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old 3 Weeks Ago Oct 15, 2019 9:57:25 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Epson SC-F2000 bought six of them used

Epson SureColor SC-F2000 Model: K241A

I recently bought 6 of these printers from a company that sold all their equipment - reasons unknown - and closed up shop. I was told that these printers prior to being decommissioned as you would say were set in a mode for long time storage (may not be using the proper terminology). They seem to be in good physical shape, some ink on the outside bodies of them. Maybe dusty a bit inside.

Originally I was thinking that I wanted to get into the business of T-Shirt printing on the side using these machines but having seconds thoughts as to whether I want to invest more money in these printers. The main reason is because I don't know anything about these printers nor anything about t-shirt printing.

I don't even know if these are the White Edition or the Color Edition. I know the company that I bought them from had about 65 of them. All the same ones. The rep said that the ones I bought were in daily working order just prior to being sold.

What would be the best way for me to determine if I want to invest more money into these printers and set up a shop or just go ahead and sell them. But selling them I would have no idea what the asking price should be either. I am retired and have the time to pursue it but not waste my money going into the business without direction.

What are the key factors that I should look for when examining the printers to see what type of money I would have to invest in them? This way at least I could then decide what my total investment would be in them and figure if it would just be better to sell them? If I do decide to sell them I would assume a buyer would want some type of assurance that they work - which they were but how would I prove that short of printing something off them. Is there a overall clock (hours) on the unit that keeps track of how many hours they were used?

I realize this is a general question but really just wanted to get a starting point in deciding what I may want to do.

Any suggestions and advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 3 Weeks Ago Oct 16, 2019 1:40:00 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

From your post it doesn't sound as though you asked to see these working when you bought them. Is that so?

I know that I, along with most folk, wouldn't entertain buying a used printer without seeing it in operation. You need to get these working before selling them on. You may have bought 6 large bricks for all you know. DTG printers are notorious for becoming blocked or damaged if not used daily.

Old 3 Weeks Ago Oct 16, 2019 6:12:29 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Default Re: Epson SC-F2000 bought six of them used

You are correct. I did not see them in operation when I purchased them. It was a spur of the moment decision. The rep told me the price I was paying was very very good and worth it to buy them as he worked for the company and knew the printers.

So I guess since someone who would entertain buying one would want to see it work. Now I would think that I have to start one up and see what happens. My only concern is that once I start one up I am committed to learning about them so I can run it even if I just want to sell them.

I know you said that even if they were prepared for storage that over time they can still become clogged or even damaged. If I start up the printer does this mean I have to buy ink and other stuff just to start it up and if I start it up do I have to place it back in storage mode again?

I know nothing about these printers nor how to print on garments.

Are there any online videos like on youtube that are good at explaining the procedures of DTG printing and maybe these printers? Yes, I know I did a search on youtube but there are so many videos. I being a retired electrician can tell you that I have seen many youtube videos with so called electricians or DIYers showing people in the video how to do something that is very wrong and even dangerous. So hard to trust which videos are better than others unless you are a trained electrician.

Last edited by printerdummy; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:17 AM..

Old 3 Weeks Ago Oct 16, 2019 6:27:09 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Where are you located?

Old 3 Weeks Ago Oct 16, 2019 7:14:06 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Pat
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Are you sure that there is a no outstanding finance on the machines?

Old 3 Weeks Ago Oct 16, 2019 8:47:00 AM -   #6 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

splathead's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: Joe
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Thanked 2,521 Times in 2,239 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by printerdummy
It was a spur of the moment decision. The rep told me the price I was paying was very very good and worth it.....My only concern is that once I start one up I am committed to learning about them so I can run it even if I just want to sell them....I know nothing about these printers nor how to print on garments.
Incredible. You are a brave, brave, man. As a retired electrician you can appreciate this analogy; You buying these DTG's would be like one of us buying a transformer with the hope of installing it on the power grid.

Almost certainly a printer 'prepared for storage' has had all the ink removed. And perhaps the lines filled with some other solution. Hopefully other F2000 owners will chime in with what they know.

Here's hoping you got these for cents on the dollar. They are not your desktop inkjet. They are complicated, finicky, expensive machines to own and operate. I've been in the business for 30 years and I would never buy one. At least not until they become as reliable as a, umm, light switch.

Old 3 Weeks Ago Oct 16, 2019 10:32:12 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Geno
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Yeah, I agree. It's like buying an eBay car at the owners word sight unseen. Usually doesn't turn out well. I would guess this might be some of the "Dazzle" DTGs that showed up on eBay a while back.

Most of the F2000 DTGs that are out there, I am sure, still look great on the outside but we know that isn't where the important stuff happens.

Unfortunately I would think that the only way to check these printers out is to put ink in them and power them up. That would involve at least one full set on Epson (or what ever) ink carts.

Old 3 Weeks Ago Oct 17, 2019 8:38:48 AM -   #8 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Thanks for all the replies -

We are located in northeast Pennsylvania (near NY boarder).

Yes, bought them at a good price (so far). Was five not six of them - my bad.

Good analogy with the transformer. I have had customers buy breaker panels from yard sales or off the internet saying they want it installed in their homes. Well can't use a three phase panel in the home but try explaining that to a home owner.

Kind of knew what I was getting into but not to this degree with the "not knowing" how to even proceed with these things. Did not realize they were so difficult to just get up and running.

If I wanted to call in a repair person (company) to look them over to see what it would cost me to get them up and running what would I google? Is there a specific company that specializes in these Epsons? I don't want to just call in anyone; for all I know they may not know anything about them at all.

Meantime, what type of solvent should I use to clean the printers up. They have ink on the bodies of them. Not much seems to be effective in cleaning off the ink etc. Especially the garment fibers that are inside the assembly etc. Its almost like some type of goo/tack.

Unread 59 Minutes Ago Nov 10, 2019 9:22:08 AM -   #9 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

if these printers were purchased VIA auction from the Scalable Press auction and are in fact storage mode there is a pretty good chance they are in ok shape.

This is a discussion about Epson SC-F2000 bought six of them used that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in