What you know now, would you buy the F2100 Again? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

What you know now, would you buy the F2100 Again?

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Ghoster32111
  • 1 Post By gatorGRAFIX
  • 1 Post By Ghoster32111
  • 1 Post By saltwatercolours
  • 1 Post By gatorGRAFIX

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old September 20th, 2019 Sep 20, 2019 5:10:21 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Ken
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default What you know now, would you buy the F2100 Again?

So you own a Epson F2100. Would you buy it again or run as far away as possible. I am familiar with DTG printers and am thinking about buying the F2100 so I was hoping to hear from actual owners what they think of there machines. Thank you

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 20th, 2019 Sep 20, 2019 9:12:45 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Geno
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Default Re: What you know now, would you buy the F2100 Again?

I would absolutely buy it again. Mine still purrs like a kitten. Of course I am meticulous about taking care of it also.

Old September 20th, 2019 Sep 20, 2019 10:27:25 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Dan

I would buy it again (actually I did as this is our 3rd DTG printer, 2 of which were the Epson F series). That being said, I would encourage anyone looking to get into DTG to do their homework.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old September 20th, 2019 Sep 20, 2019 11:14:03 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

That's funny how you and I have the same set up. Cheerio!

Old September 20th, 2019 Sep 20, 2019 2:14:44 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: James

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorGRAFIX
That's funny how you and I have the same set up. Cheerio!
Sigh.......I want an F2100 but my damn F2000 just won't die and keeps delivering quality prints lol

Old September 20th, 2019 Sep 20, 2019 2:32:52 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Trust me, the F2100 is a little bit faster and maybe it does have a cleaner cart in it but it's not really any better than the F2000 IMHO. Just sayin'

Old September 23rd, 2019 Sep 23, 2019 8:02:35 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Quote:
Trust me, the F2100 is a little bit faster and maybe it does have a cleaner cart in it but it's not really any better than the F2000 IMHO. Just sayin'
I know it's faster than F2000 and I'm on the fence about that cleaning cart. I order my tubewash from firebird and like almost everything those folks do it works better than the Epson tube wash. Thats my hang up with it but for speed I have my GTX though I feel for jobs with higher detail I get a better result using the F2000. just my opinion I am debating of adding on an F2100 or waiting to see what is new at all the shows in the Epson department, I wanna know the difference between the F2130 Vs the F2100 before I make a decision and hopefully try to pick the brain of someone from Epson who may know what is in the pipeline and what they are testing out now. Between my hodegpodge of machines I am currently good in terms of production and turnaround but I like to see what is new and shiny!
gatorGRAFIX likes this.

Old September 23rd, 2019 Sep 23, 2019 10:04:37 AM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Well, no one from Epson has said anything to me about the F2130 at all and there have been videos about it on YouTube for a good while now. Don't think this is the new F series Epson printer but that is just a guess.

Old September 23rd, 2019 Sep 23, 2019 10:09:24 AM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Quote:
Well, no one from Epson has said anything to me about the F2130 at all and there have been videos about it on YouTube for a good while now. Don't think this is the new F series Epson printer but that is just a guess.
Yea I know its been kicking around for awhile but I haven't heard if there is any difference at all between the 2 printers I just don't know if it is just a different label to designate where in the world it is sold. I'm mostly just curious.

Old October 1st, 2019 Oct 1, 2019 11:37:59 PM -   #10 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerkshirePrint
So you own a Epson F2100. Would you buy it again or run as far away as possible. I am familiar with DTG printers and am thinking about buying the F2100 so I was hoping to hear from actual owners what they think of there machines. Thank you
Good question. They are workhorses. Love mine. The process of printing DTG took about a year to master, and that's a generous statement. We have breakthroughs all the time. Still learning a lot. Just feeling comfortable now. That's what I wish I knew ahead of time. Learning DTG is like learning how to cook. Every ingredient changes the mix and the outcome.

As for the machine itself, I have 1. I wish I had 5. Printing 8 shirts an hour on maximum quality is slow, but good for retail prices. Printing white shirts at a clip of 30-45 per hour on speed mode can be decent depending on the artwork but you have to spend time colour matching etc and fine tuning the settings for each job which takes time.

It's a great tool but if you're new to DTG, I would take a full week-long training course to save yourself the time I spent learning.

One other thing, you should get 2 heat presses. 1 is not enough really. It becomes a bottleneck if you want to run a fluid job. Wish I knew that too.

There's also this other issue I'm investigating and depending upon the outcome, you may want to formulate your decision based on the findings. You can read more here: https://www.t-shirtforums.com/epson-...s/t880241.html

Best!

Old October 2nd, 2019 Oct 2, 2019 10:04:19 AM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Yup. All true. I have been preaching in here for a couple of years about the DTG learning curve and the fact that the heat press is indeed the bottle neck of speed in a DTG print environment.

Now that I have three DTGs and three heat presses (I really need about 2 more) I can output full color prints at around 35 to 40 an hour easily.

One note though, the more heat presses the hotter your area gets and the less humidity in the room. The bigger the room the better when going with a multiple DTG setup.

Old 4 Weeks Ago Nov 13, 2019 1:42:44 AM -   #12 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

F2130 is India's F2100

Old 3 Weeks Ago Nov 16, 2019 8:59:33 AM -   #13 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Harry
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Thanked 1,073 Times in 920 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SivaramanS
F2130 is India's F2100

Epson, for assorted marketing reasons, sells the same printer under different model designations in different regions around the world. The F2100 and the F2130 are the exact same printer.

_

This is a discussion about What you know now, would you buy the F2100 Again? that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in