Curing Issues when underbasing. White specks show when dry - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

Curing Issues when underbasing. White specks show when dry

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old 1 Week Ago Sep 6, 2019 8:29:30 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Maude
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Question Curing Issues when underbasing. White specks show when dry

I've Noticed that when i print everything, my printed images are perfect or printed as directed but once i cure it using a heat press, i lose quality. I at times get specks of white that show through. Are the Colors mixing during the cure process??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1356.jpg (3.20 MB, 10 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1 Week Ago Sep 6, 2019 12:39:22 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: James
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Curing Issues when underbasing. White specks show when dry

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmbroidMeCat
I've Noticed that when i print everything, my printed images are perfect or printed as directed but once i cure it using a heat press, i lose quality. I at times get specks of white that show through. Are the Colors mixing during the cure process??
The short answer is no the colors are not mixing when you cure it is looking to me like it could be one of a few things. First and the one I think it is mostly from what i could see . It looks like you are getting fibrillation, meaning the pretreat is not laying down the fibers of the shirt. I'm not sure how you are pretreating but to aid in this process, spray your shirt properly then use a paint brush and brush the shirt in one direction (doesn't matter which direction as long as it is all the same) then make sure you press the shirt afterwards to lay everything flat. If that doesn't help for you try a different pretreatment because not all pretreatments are created equal ( I am partial to Firebird pretreat myself but I encourage you to find your own). If it isn't that make sure you are wiping your platen top (if you use the teflon covering). or if you are using silicone sheets or kraft paper make sure you are changing them after a few uses.
You will always lose some vibrency when you heatpress to get a more vibrant print you need to use a tunnel dryer.

This is a discussion about Curing Issues when underbasing. White specks show when dry that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in