Epson Sure color F2100 vs Texjet Echo (2) - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

Epson Sure color F2100 vs Texjet Echo (2)

Like Tree13Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old June 20th, 2019 Jun 20, 2019 4:12:17 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: James
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Epson Sure color F2100 vs Texjet Echo (2)

Hi everyone,

I had a fast T-jet 2 12 years ago so have some experience of DTG printers, but since that machine became obsolete we have been screen printing.

However, I have recently been looking at getting back into DTG and wanted to invest in some equipment as I have been told the technology has moved on since my day. Fingers crossed it has!

I have had a demo of the Texjet Echo with a view to investing in an echo2.
I was impressed with the prints it produced and the support offered by the distributor here in the UK.
I then sent some sweatshirts to be printed and was disappointed that the print had bleed and the ink coverage was not as solid as I had hoped for.

It has made me question whether the Texjet is the right way to go and so in researching further have come across the Epson sure color F2100 at a similar price.

Could you please give me your opinion of the sure color printer?
Is it a decent starting point?
Any negatives?
And also in your opinion am I better off going for the Epson or the Texjet?

I appreciate any advice you can give as it is a long time since I was printing DTG and want to make the right decision.

Thanks in advance!

Greenjim!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 20th, 2019 Jun 20, 2019 5:51:29 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Bob
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Default Re: Epson Sure color F2100 vs Texjet Echo (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenjim26
I then sent some sweatshirts to be printed and was disappointed that the print had bleed and the ink coverage was not as solid as I had hoped for.
What did you expect? You gave them some unknown fabric to print, so they had to guess how.

The problem with DTG, is that different fabrics need different amount of pre-treat and different ink settings.

The printer itself has nothing to do with it... All DTG printers will have the same problem.

Old June 20th, 2019 Jun 20, 2019 9:16:57 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TABOB
What did you expect? You gave them some unknown fabric to print, so they had to guess how.

The problem with DTG, is that different fabrics need different amount of pre-treat and different ink settings.

The printer itself has nothing to do with it... All DTG printers will have the same problem.
That is only partially true the printers are using different two different ink sets and pretreatments not all pretreatment is created equal and that goes for ink too. Any distributor of a printer should be able to print on a sweatshirt. So yes the printer does matter as well as the skill level of the printer operating it. I have printed hundreds of thousands of shirts and sweatshirts/ hoodies and the printer matter as well as the way you apply your application. DTG actually takes skill and experimentation to dial in just like everything else in a custom decoration business. Not all ink sets are the same and some perform better than others and that goes for pretreatment you will get different results with the same amount of pretreat on different shirts but also different results from different manufactures of the pretreat. If you distribute a printer you should be able to print with it. That is like asking a car salesmen about a car and the salesman cannot drive. My advise to the original poster would be to get the same print and garment made up with a F2100 and just see what is better.

Old June 20th, 2019 Jun 20, 2019 11:40:32 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoster32111
the printers are using different two different ink sets and pretreatments
That's obviously the ink and the pre-treatment... not the printer (the hardware).

Quote:
My advise to the original poster would be to get the same print and garment made up with a F2100 and just see what is better.
That's nonsense. I compared the F2000 side by side with a Polyprint in my own workshop. Using the same pre-treatment and the same DuPont inks, both printers produced the same result.

DTG is about trial and error. You have to find the right levels for each fabric, OR print only known fabrics. What printer you use, is irrelevant.

Old June 20th, 2019 Jun 20, 2019 12:20:47 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

That is wonderful you got the same results using dupont ink and the same pretreatment in the 2 different machines. I guarantee they did not print the same. I bet one was faster than the other. The way the printer microweaves the inks matter and are not the same. Seeing how you should not really use dupont in the F2100 but you can. If you you were to purchase a new printer and decided to not put in the same ink as recommended it would void the warranty the second something went wrong. Also Epson ink and Dupont ink are NOT the same thing. Instead of letting the OP make up their own mind when comparing prints your saying it does not matter what the printer is because not matter what the prints will be the same. but in fact it Does matter. There is a world of difference between the 2 printers and what they are capable of especially in terms of quality. And quality of the machine.
I too had polyprint and F2000 in my shop and I quickly got rid of the polyprint because it could not come close to the Epson in terms of print quality or reliability. I have since phased anything that has to do with polyprint from my shop out because the claims made about the printer were found lacking where the F2000 did/does everything they say it does and I am able to print on anything my customers need with the polyprint I would not do hoodies because they did not look great with the polyprints ink set. I have zero problems printing on hoodies with the Epson and a few other brands of printers that do not use the ink set that polyprint uses. But hey to each their own. The OP should just see the other side of things and make their own opnion. I'm not here to elevate any printer over the other but my 7 f2000's have over 20k prints on them each with no problems.

Old June 20th, 2019 Jun 20, 2019 1:24:18 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Thank you so much for your responses so far, I really appreciate it.
Totally understand that DTG takes a bit of work and trail and error to get it right. I just want to make sure that I will be able to get a decent print on both t’s and sweats before investing.
Is there much maintenance involved with the F2100’s?
Can they be left for a few days or a week without printing and still print well?

Thanks

Old June 20th, 2019 Jun 20, 2019 1:57:08 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Quote:
Thank you so much for your responses so far, I really appreciate it.
Totally understand that DTG takes a bit of work and trail and error to get it right. I just want to make sure that I will be able to get a decent print on both t’s and sweats before investing.
Is there much maintenance involved with the F2100’s?
Can they be left for a few days or a week without printing and still print well?

Thanks
Yes there is always some maintenance involved but honestly it is not that bad. F2100 simplified it a bit over the F2000. Shake the inks and clean as needed. the Machine will tell you what needs to be done when it needs it. And yes you can leave it for about a week or so if you leave it longer there is a ink flushing process that they say you can leave it for months I never did that but I guess you could. I imagine the ink charge will kill you ink carts.

Old June 20th, 2019 Jun 20, 2019 2:31:47 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Quote:
Is there much maintenance involved with the F2100
Not really. The daily maintenance for all DTG printers is basically the same. The older Epson F2000 used to require a silly daily white ink flush, which wasted a lot of expensive ink, but have now added an "eco" option which is manual, but saves the ink.

Quote:
I wouldn't advise it, but people say they do it. I personally do a tube flush on Fridays, to cover the weekend. I have skipped it a few times without a problem.

Old June 20th, 2019 Jun 20, 2019 3:02:46 PM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Quote:
If you you were to purchase a new printer and decided to not put in the same ink as recommended it would void the warranty the second something went wrong.
Polyprint recommends Dupont inks, and my F2000 was out of warranty, so I didn't care. Plus I knew I had to use inks with the same viscosity.

Quote:
Also Epson ink and Dupont ink are NOT the same thing.
How do you know? Dupont has a variety of DTG inks and they do sell them to other companies. Dupont is the big player when it comes to ink.

Quote:
I too had polyprint and F2000 in my shop and I quickly got rid of the polyprint because it could not come close to the Epson in terms of print quality
Nonsense! Both printers produce good prints.

Old June 21st, 2019 Jun 21, 2019 12:08:40 AM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

I agree that inks and pretreat used are more relevant of the printing hardware, but when you purchase a new printer probably you don't run third party inks in order to not have problem with warranty. So, in this optic, the printers are really different one from each other. Also speed and maintenance costs are both relevant and can be quite different printer to printer

Old June 21st, 2019 Jun 21, 2019 6:14:21 AM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

[QUOTE=TABOB;4435081]Polyprint recommends Dupont inks, and my F2000 was out of warranty, so I didn't care. Plus I knew I had to use inks with the same viscosity.

Not the best Idea to do it but hey I know you can and most of the time it will work out fine.

How do you know? Dupont has a variety of DTG inks and they do sell them to other companies. Dupont is the big player when it comes to ink.

Hate to tell you this but Dupont is not that big of a player when it comes to ink. if we are talking Teflon or Kevlar absolutely. Dupont has not put any developmental work into ink for over 8 years or so and are only now re starting. Brother and Epson sell double their volume. Dupont has about 4 different formulations for heads out there and yes it does get re-branded all the time but its still going through the same print heads. Also I worked a Dupont for a time and when Epson started producing their Sure Color inks Dupont had a freak out and spent millions trying to de-formulate the inks to no avail so again I know for a fact Dupont inks are NOT Epson inks.

Nonsense! Both printers produce good prints.[/QUOTE

That is your opinion. Just like the original poster needs to make their own opinion on which printer they like. I'm not here to endorse any printer over another because I mostly don't care what printer is being used as long as it works the way it should and the way we are told it is supposed to work. I currently use several different types of printers in my shop and each one has their thing they each do well. If I get rid of something it is because it is nothing better than a toy and I am there to do work not play with toys.

Old June 21st, 2019 Jun 21, 2019 6:47:14 AM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Quote:
Also I worked a Dupont for a time and when Epson started producing their Sure Color inks Dupont had a freak out and spent millions trying to de-formulate the inks to no avail
Just Silly!

Old June 21st, 2019 Jun 21, 2019 7:04:25 AM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Quote:
Just Silly!
Dupont is worth roughly $145 Billion, a few million is nothing lol.

Old June 21st, 2019 Jun 21, 2019 8:48:21 AM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Quote:
Dupont is worth roughly $145 Billion, a few million is nothing lol.
A few million is never nothing... But I wasn't referring to that.
Childish exaggerations and unfounded claims... That's what's silly.
Even the Chinese $60 inks from Aliexpress print well. The white I tried was not good, but the other colors are not bad at all.

Old June 21st, 2019 Jun 21, 2019 9:40:49 AM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Quote:
A few million is never nothing... But I wasn't referring to that.
Childish exaggerations and unfounded claims... That's what's silly.
Even the Chinese $60 inks from Aliexpress print well. The white I tried was not good, but the other colors are not bad at all.
That's fine you are entitled to your opinions they are based on wrong facts but hey they are yours and you can do what you will with them. I know where I have been in my life and like I said I don't care what anyone uses. But saying they are all the same is just ignorant and dumb.If drawing on the shirts with a marker works for you and you have a market gods speed my friend what ever works best for you. Some of the chinese inks do work well I have had mixed results in the past. I did have one decent white ink but they had supplier problems and are no longer around as far as i know. Again the OP is just talking about the difference between a F2100 and a Texjet. The Texjet in my opinion is just a toy printer and the F2100 is more of an actual work horse.

This is a discussion about Epson Sure color F2100 vs Texjet Echo (2) that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in