Epson Sure color F2100 vs Texjet Echo (2) - Page 4 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

Epson Sure color F2100 vs Texjet Echo (2)

Like Tree14Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old 1 Week Ago Aug 13, 2019 9:32:49 AM -   #46 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Epson Sure color F2100 vs Texjet Echo (2)

Hello everyone,

I hesitate also between the epson f2100 and the echo2 for a purchase in France.

I have already had on the phone the sellers of the two brands, of course, both of them assure me that their own brand the best choise.

I sell about 200 t-shirts a month (95% black shirt), birthday t-shirts, every time same quality of shirt.
I don't need extraordinary quality, an medium quality is enough for my logos (simple with flat color, not photography or complicated design).

Another point:

I print only 2 to 3 times a week and I think the EPSON will NOT support these delays without printing, or it will cost very expensive cleaning for white ink.

What do you think ?

For my work my choise go first on ECHO2, because of this pressurized ink system, is maybe better for printing every 2 to 3 days without problems.

Thank you and sorry for bad english,

Pierrot

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1 Week Ago Aug 13, 2019 1:54:54 PM -   #47 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Geno
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierrot01
I print only 2 to 3 times a week and I think the EPSON will NOT support these delays without printing, or it will cost very expensive cleaning for white ink.
This idea is absolutely and totally wrong when it comes to the F2100. You can leave the printer sit for up to two weeks without ever laying eyes on it and it will be ready to print after boot up and a good nozzle check.

Maintenance on these machine is a breeze too. About five minutes at the end of the print day to clean out the print cap, rinse out the spit filter and you are done. No more tube washes from the early F2000 days (for the F2000 either in "eco" mode).

From the sound of what you are doing it seems to me that the F2100 is a perfect choice for you. JHMO.

Last edited by gatorGRAFIX; 1 Week Ago at 03:58 PM..

Old 1 Week Ago Aug 13, 2019 3:48:33 PM -   #48 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Thanks for you reply is good to know.

If I do not use the epson and i do not purge the system, the epson will circulate white ink in the recycling bin to prevent it from drying, right?

at the price of epson's ink, it will be expensive?

Pierrot
gatorGRAFIX likes this.

Old 1 Week Ago Aug 13, 2019 3:54:47 PM -   #49 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Geno
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierrot01
If I do not use the epson and i do not purge the system, the epson will circulate white ink in the recycling bin to prevent it from drying, right?
This is also incorrect.

The Epson F2100 unlike a lot of DTGs on the market (such as the Brother GTX) uses a dry capping station where the head parks into an air tight section until it is ready to print again. For this reason there is no ink circulation (or waste of any kind) when your machine is powered off.

The GTX (as well as others) use a wet capping station. The manufactures of these type of printers tout this as a good thing (I dunno) but with this kind of a system you can NEVER turn off your printer and it circulates ("spits" - as in wastes or "dumps") ink and cleaning solution in the process over and over again, day after day.

Just the facts 'mam.

Old 1 Week Ago Aug 13, 2019 4:08:47 PM -   #50 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Thanks very much for your answer !

I will study the epson a little closer
gatorGRAFIX likes this.

This is a discussion about Epson Sure color F2100 vs Texjet Echo (2) that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in