Epson Sure color F2100 vs Texjet Echo (2) - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

Epson Sure color F2100 vs Texjet Echo (2)

Like Tree16Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old June 21st, 2019 Jun 21, 2019 11:34:33 AM -   #16 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Bob
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Epson Sure color F2100 vs Texjet Echo (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoster32111
That's fine you are entitled to your opinions they are based on wrong facts but hey they are yours and you can do what you will with them. I know where I have been in my life and like I said I don't care what anyone uses. But saying they are all the same is just ignorant and dumb.If drawing on the shirts with a marker works for you and you have a market gods speed my friend what ever works best for you. Some of the chinese inks do work well I have had mixed results in the past. I did have one decent white ink but they had supplier problems and are no longer around as far as i know. Again the OP is just talking about the difference between a F2100 and a Texjet. The Texjet in my opinion is just a toy printer and the F2100 is more of an actual work horse.
The Silly Exaggerations continue LOL! Are you selling F2100 printers by any chance?
All these small DTG printers are "toy" level machines, but they work well enough for printing 40-50 shirts per day.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 21st, 2019 Jun 21, 2019 12:01:40 PM -   #17 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: James
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TABOB
The Silly Exaggerations continue LOL! Are you selling F2100 printers by any chance?
All these small DTG printers are "toy" level machines, but they work well enough for printing 40-50 shirts per day.
LOL! Again at the end of the day I don't care what printer is being used lol. For what it its worth I don't like F2100 that much if you want my honest feeling on it but I rather use it over a Texjet because I can easily do 200-300 shirts a day on a F2100 and like you said only 40-50 shirts on the Texjet. Maybe your getting paid by Texjet? you seem to have a love for the printer? But please continue your spewing of your fact-less opinion all over this thread that your trying to pass off as "Knowledge" it amuses me how little you actually know and gives me a good chuckle. But all your doing is clouding the waters on what the OP asked. Which is better F2100 or Texjet not what happened when you put Dupont ink into both of them or the fact you read a mommy blog somewhere and now thing your an ink chemist. The OP was asking for opinions even yours but you seem to have a complex when someone calls you out that what your saying. You just sit back and keep spewing your fact-less and opinion all over this thread like I said I like a good laugh.

Old June 21st, 2019 Jun 21, 2019 4:08:45 PM -   #18 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Maybe your getting paid by Texjet?
Paid for not promoting them? LOL!

Here is what the OP wrote about the TexJet printer:
Quote:
I have had a demo of the Texjet Echo with a view to investing in an echo2.
I was impressed with the prints it produced and the support offered by the distributor here in the UK.
So you are opposing his opinion... not mine! What I'm saying is that ALL DTG printers can produce equally good prints.

Quote:
I can easily do 200-300 shirts a day on a F2100
Maybe if you only print only white shirts, or small logos .
The reality is that all the newer P800 based DTG printers are nearly as fast as the F2100. They are Epson engines after all.

For a newbie, I'd actually recommend a used F2100 or F2000, just because they are good learner printers, and they have an automated monthly maintenance.
For an experience user, the P800 based conversions are better, because they have much cheaper and easier to find parts. You can buy a new P800 printer for less than the price of the F2100 print head.

Old June 21st, 2019 Jun 21, 2019 10:07:08 PM -   #19 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Thanks once again for the responses, I’m reading them all and taking note.
I have spoken to the UK distributor of the F2100 and will be getting some samples printed soon. In the mean time I am hoping the texjet team can get back to me about the sweatshirt prints.
Until I am convinced which printer is best for my business I will not be making an investment.
Looking forwards to the journey ahead and getting back into DTG! I think!?

Old June 23rd, 2019 Jun 23, 2019 2:34:16 PM -   #20 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Geno
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I have an Epson F2100, F2000 and a Brother GTX and I can tell you that the Epson printers and the GTX DO NOT yield the same results when printing the same design on the same t-shirt. That's even when using the same pretreatment. Ghost couldn't be more correct on this one.

On a group order I usually get the two Epson printers going then I have to trial and error the GTX to get it dialed in to look like the Epson prints and even then they are rarely ever exactly the same.

TABOB using fancy words, making wild snarky accusations and getting into an fuss in this forum. Now that's a rarity!!!!! (yeah, wutever)

The Following User Says Thank You to gatorGRAFIX For This Useful Post:
Heaven1 (October 1st, 2019)
Old June 23rd, 2019 Jun 23, 2019 4:56:28 PM -   #21 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorGRAFIX
On a group order I usually get the two Epson printers going then I have to trial and error the GTX to get it dialed in to look like the Epson prints and even then they are rarely ever exactly the same.
Bad idea obviously, and the difficulty is perfectly normal. Each printer will need different settings. If you were trying to match an Epson to two GTXs, you'd have the same problem.
Are you trying to say that the GTX is inferior to the F2100? If so, why are you keeping it? You can easily find a 2-3 year old F2000 with low print count, for around $5,000. I bought mine for a bit less than that, and used it to print a few thousand shirts, before selling it a year later. No major issues.

Old June 24th, 2019 Jun 24, 2019 11:38:07 AM -   #22 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Quote:
Bad idea obviously, and the difficulty is perfectly normal. Each printer will need different settings.
You were indicating that ALL DTGs will print the same and give the same results earlier in this thread. Dang, make up your mind. Jeez Louise!

Quote:
Are you trying to say that the GTX is inferior to the F2100? If so, why are you keeping it?
I'm not biting on this one. If you are too ignorant about DTG printing to understand my post why comment on it at all??

Old June 24th, 2019 Jun 24, 2019 12:03:43 PM -   #23 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

I will have to agree that a f2000/f2100 is a good starter machine once you dial it in. The RIP software it comes with is pretty straight forward and you can always try a different RIP software later down the road if you want to. It has a good print speed once you know what you are doing a machine you can easily make money off of.
But keep in mind parts for the machine are difficult to come by if you can get them at all. So if you go with a convert machine of any kind you should be able to find parts fairly easy but they are not always as reliable. Not to say that any DTG machine is a walk in the park.

Old June 24th, 2019 Jun 24, 2019 4:30:40 PM -   #24 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
I will have to agree that a f2000/f2100 is a good starter machine once you dial it in. The RIP software it comes with is pretty straight forward and you can always try a different RIP software later down the road if you want to. It has a good print speed once you know what you are doing a machine you can easily make money off of.
But keep in mind parts for the machine are difficult to come by if you can get them at all. So if you go with a convert machine of any kind you should be able to find parts fairly easy but they are not always as reliable. Not to say that any DTG machine is a walk in the park.
Reasonable enough.
The P800 conversions can be a little temperamental if neglected... So it is always a good idea to have spare parts in stock. A new P800 printer costs around $1,200 and it has all the parts you need in it.

However, I will say it again... For a newbie, a used F2000/F2100 is the easiest and safest option, and it will help you learn.

Old June 25th, 2019 Jun 25, 2019 10:41:22 AM -   #25 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Once again thank you for your replies, they’ve been really helpful.
I’m looking at buying a new machine over 3 years and adding the extra 2 years warranty as cover for the machine.
Also I am planning on getting a pretreat machine as I have bad memories of the Wagner spray gun!
Is the Epson pre-treat decent? Is there a pre-treat for light garments?
Having done my sums and considered my existing screen printing model I feel like getting into DTG is the way forward for so many reasons.
Excited to get started now and no doubt will be asking all sorts of questions on here!
Cheers!

Old June 25th, 2019 Jun 25, 2019 10:54:57 AM -   #26 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

I personally hate Epson's pretreat I find it ti be very lacking in terms of whiteness and overall vibrancy. I know there are plenty of people out there that like the stuff but if you use it on light shirts for a CMYK print only it will stain in the sun in under 5 mins if it is not washed first. I personally use Firebird pretreat i use Their Epson optimized pretreat (as well as their GTX optimized pretreat on my GTX) and Vivid Its $50 a gallon and you do not have to go through the hassle of diluting it down and buying distilled water to dilute it down. Also I find i have to use less of the pretreat and get a better result.
Also save your self and buy a pretreater it just makes life easier.

Old June 26th, 2019 Jun 26, 2019 12:41:23 PM -   #27 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
I personally hate Epson's pretreat I find it ti be very lacking in terms of whiteness and overall vibrancy.
I agree. I have used the FBX-100 a lot and is much better than the epson, but unfortunately, for many reasons, is way more cheaper the epson for me

Old July 25th, 2019 Jul 25, 2019 6:49:07 AM -   #28 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Robert

Bah. I read two pages and didn't get my decision yet. I have the same "problem" now, what to buy.. Epson F2100 or PolyPrint Echo 2.

EPSON F2100 - Pretreatment

PROS: Not only in this thread but in another also I found out that Epson's general pretreatment liquid doesn't make prints so vibrant, live and leave visible stains on a dark or white t-shirt who are visible if the garment isn't washed before first wear. So for customers, this can be a bad experience with the brand.

CONS: 1 Pretreatment liquid for white, dark and black tees. Yeah it's great to have only one liquid in the pretreat machine and you don't need to flush out "white pretreatment", clean it, and then put a "dark pretreatment" through. So fewer costs and fewer possible mistakes when pretreating blanks.

PROS: Possible stains on garment because of pretretment. CONS: one liquid for all colors.

POLYPRINT Echo 2 - Pretreatment

CONS: 2 different pretreatments, cons explained above.

PROS: As I can read on this forum, PolyPrint's PT isn't doing some bigger issues.

F2100 vs Echo2 - Pretreatment, Ink & Parts Cost

As I got prices from a local EPSON distributor:
  • Epson F2100 Printer = 12.350 € (2 days of EDU live)
  • Epson 600ml of INK =165 €
  • Epson Pretreatment 25L = 495 €
  • Epson 700ml of Cleaning Cartridge = 17 €
  • Epson Head Cleaning Kit = 80 €
  • Epson Air Filter = 22 €
  • Epson Maintenance Cleaning Kit = 28 €
  • Epson Warranty = 1.750 EUR
  • Epson Head + Labor = app. 2.000 €

As I got prices from a local TexJet distributor:
  • TexJet Echo 2 Printer = 12.000 € (250ml Cartdridges included + 2 days of EDU live)
  • TexJet 1l Ink CMYK (from Dupont) =150 €
  • TexJet 1l Ink White (from Dupont) =180 €
  • TexJet Pretreatment Dark 1L = 30 €
  • TexJet Pretreatment Poly + White 1L = 40 €
  • TexJet Cleaning Solution 1L = 43 €
  • TexJet Printhead = 750 €
  • TexJet Ink System = 250 €
  • TexJet Cap Pump = 90 €
  • Schultze Pretreatmaker IV = 3.950 €
  • CadLink Digital Factory RIP = 895 € - TexJet®RIP v7 software included in the price of the machine.
  • Kothari Neo Rip = 1.050 €

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cost Per -__-
  • Epson Ink Cost = 0.275 €/1ml
  • Echo 2 Ink Cost = 0.165 €/1ml
  • Epson PT Cost = 0.25€ / 25ml
  • Echo 2 PT Cost = 0.75€ / 25ml

Cost per Print:
  • Epson 10ml Ink + 1xPT = 2.75 + 0.25 = 3 €
  • Echo2 10ml Ink + 1xPT = 1.65 + 0.75 = 2.4 €

Echo2 print cost 20% less. On the paper
  • Epson 20ml Ink + 1.5xPT = 5.5 + 0.5 = 6 €
  • Echo2 20ml Ink + 1.5xPT = 3.3 + 1.3 = 4.6 €

Echo2 print cost 23% less. On the paper

+ maintenance and labor per print

Both sellers are at the same time maintenance service, responding time on my dors within 48 hours, both are based 50 miles from me
  • Printers cost the same amount of money. Epson 1 year ALLIN warranty + extended. PolyPrint 1 year warranty on "same parts" but not printhead.

So guys and girls... which one to take? For 60+ prints per day, 60% Whites + Lights and 40% for Blacks + Darks.

Please write about some experiences. Tomorrow I have a meeting with the Epson guy and 2 weeks later with the Poly's guy.

Last edited by BobSunday; July 25th, 2019 at 09:09 AM..

Old July 25th, 2019 Jul 25, 2019 9:02:17 AM -   #29 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Ziggy

Waitaminnit. I thought that you didn't use pretreat with white shirts? I was under the impression that the pretreat was to give the white ink something to stick to.

Old July 25th, 2019 Jul 25, 2019 10:10:27 AM -   #30 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobSunday

EPSON F2100 - Pretreatment

PROS: Not only in this thread but in another also I found out that Epson's general pretreatment liquid doesn't make prints so vibrant, live and leave visible stains on a dark or white t-shirt who are visible if the garment isn't washed before first wear. So for customers, this can be a bad experience with the brand.
I have been using Epson pretreatment for over two years now and I don't have any trouble getting vibrant prints at all. I have many example pics uploaded in this forum showing this and I always explain how I got the results that I did to help out other DTG owner a little bit.

In most cases this problem falls on the end user's experience level. Every DTG has a learning curve to become effective at producing great prints over just default stuff and not all printer's have equal knowledge. Some people have a knack for something like this and some simply do not ever seem to get it.

Quote:
PROS: Possible stains on garment because of pretreatment.
I have found this to be true on certain colors sometimes but not very often and yes sunlight does stain white tees before they are washed. I agree this sucks. I have since switched to Firebird brand and I do not seem to have thsi problem much anymore. Time will tell on this one. One pretreatment for all colors is nice.

I use their "light color" pretreatment on white poly tees and the detail is incredible. I also like to give my white tees a light pass of pretreatment with one color pass and they look amazing. Washability is excellent when I do this also.

Firebird pretreatment - good stuff.

Quote:
F2100 vs Echo2 - Pretreatment, Ink & Parts Cost

As I got prices from a local EPSON distributor:
  • Epson F2100 Printer = 12.350 € (2 days of EDU live)
  • Epson 600ml of INK =165 €
  • Epson Pretreatment 25L = 495 €
  • Epson 700ml of Cleaning Cartridge = 17 €
  • Epson Head Cleaning Kit = 80 €
  • Epson Air Filter = 22 €
  • Epson Maintenance Cleaning Kit = 28 €
  • Epson Warranty = 1.750 EUR
  • Epson Head + Labor = app. 2.000 €
The Epson F series of DTG printers have come a long long way in dependability I can say. Gone are the days of folks posting in here about head clogging issues much anymore like the F2000 had been plagued with after launch over three years ago. The new echo mode and manual tube wash (drops actually) have pretty much eliminated this. I rarely ever see any F2100 owners with clogged heads.

The Epson warranty will cover the machine from head to toe and they will even send a tech out to your shop at no cost to you as long as it is under warranty. If you spring for the extra cash for year two and three it is still this way.With my F2000 I did pay for the extra warranty in years one snd two and I did have to have a head replaced once. This was before the new echo system came out. I am happy to say that my 3 1/2 year old F2000 still prints like the day it was new and I have not had to spend one thin dime of my own money repairing it since I bought it new.

With my year and a half old F2100 that I got new I decided not to buy the extended warranty based on everything that I just discussed. My nozzle check almost always come out perfect every time. Never had a scary issue at all and I print on my DTGs a lot now a days.

I will say however that I am a maintenance freak and keep my machines in meticulous tip top shape.

Quote:
As I got prices from a local TexJet distributor:
  • TexJet Echo 2 Printer = 12.000 € (250ml Cartdridges included + 2 days of EDU live)
  • TexJet 1l Ink CMYK (from Dupont) =150 €
  • TexJet 1l Ink White (from Dupont) =180 €
  • TexJet Pretreatment Dark 1L = 30 €
  • TexJet Pretreatment Poly + White 1L = 40 €
  • TexJet Cleaning Solution 1L = 43 €
  • TexJet Printhead = 750 €
  • TexJet Ink System = 250 €
  • TexJet Cap Pump = 90 €
In my opinion the warranty looks a bit "iffy" compared to the Epson. Proceed with caution here.

Quote:
  • Schultze Pretreatmaker IV = 3.950 €
  • CadLink Digital Factory RIP = 895 € - TexJet®RIP v7 software included in the price of the machine.
  • Kothari Neo Rip = 1.050 €
Sorry all ye faithful but even though I do own three different aftermarket RIPs and they all work pretty well you really don't need them. With Epson you have Garment Creator and it works great after having been upgraded a few times over the years.

Sure you might save a little bit of money on the white ink with an after market RIP but this is at the expense of washability. It is nice to be able to "dial down" the white ink under-base to keep a few extra pennies in your pocket but you'll notice it after a few washings.
Spending 1K or so on a RIP just doesn't make any sense to me. The CBreeze RIP is only a couple of hundred dollars and it is excellent. I would recommend this one if you just have to have one for an Epson DTG.

Quote:
Cost Per -__-
  • Epson Ink Cost = 0.275 €/1ml
  • Echo 2 Ink Cost = 0.165 €/1ml
  • Epson PT Cost = 0.25€ / 25ml
  • Echo 2 PT Cost = 0.75€ / 25ml

Cost per Print:
  • Epson 10ml Ink + 1xPT = 2.75 + 0.25 = 3 €
  • Echo2 10ml Ink + 1xPT = 1.65 + 0.75 = 2.4 €

Echo2 print cost 20% less. On the paper
  • Epson 20ml Ink + 1.5xPT = 5.5 + 0.5 = 6 €
  • Echo2 20ml Ink + 1.5xPT = 3.3 + 1.3 = 4.6 €

Echo2 print cost 23% less. On the paper
I find this to all be rubbish honestly. Your print costs per shirt depend on many many variables to be locked down to just one figure for all DTG printing.

Comparing the cost of the ink carts might make more sense I guess.

There are some third party ink carts out now that are almost half of what of what Epson charges. Not sure how well they work just yet but they are out there.

+ maintenance and labor per print

Quote:
  • Printers cost the same amount of money. Epson 1 year ALLIN warranty + extended. PolyPrint 1 year warranty on "same parts" but not printhead.
This alone should scare you away from the Rionet machine i would think. Also, everyone knows who Epson is and they have making DTG printers now for closing in on 5 years or so. The Texjet is a new player on the market and has yet to prove itself along side of some of the other big players.

[QUOTE=BobSunday;4439615]
Quote:
So guys and girls... which one to take? For 60+ prints per day, 60% Whites + Lights and 40% for Blacks + Darks.

Please write about some experiences. Tomorrow I have a meeting with the Epson guy and 2 weeks later with the Poly's guy.
I am bias for my Epson machines for sure, not going to lie (don't know much about the Rionet DTG except what I see on youtube) but I would say that the best way for you to decide on this would be to ask each company for customer phone numbers and talk to actual owners to help make up your mind along with doing extensive "reliable" research on your own and don't depend on what any dealers tell you on either side.

IMHO - Go with the Epson (easy winner I think)

This is a discussion about Epson Sure color F2100 vs Texjet Echo (2) that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in