Dont buy epson surecolor s40600 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

Dont buy epson surecolor s40600

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By splathead

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old March 31st, 2019 Mar 31, 2019 2:32:27 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Santos
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Dont buy epson surecolor s40600

Don't buy Epson. I bought a 64 inch Surecolor S40600 - print head went out first year I had it got replaced under warranty.

2 months after warranty expired - Gave me an error code
Plug in power cord #2- Epson send a certified repair company here in Houston.- They told me it could be the 1. Print Head - 2. Main board. 3. Ink bay assembly.

All those 3 things were replace and the machine doesn't work . Now they want to change Print head and board at the same time.

I own about a $1000 in labor and they cant tell me .
For sure whats wrong with the printer. So please stay away from Epson.
They will rip you off once your warranty expires.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 1st, 2019 Apr 1, 2019 10:42:50 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

splathead's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: Joe
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Thanked 2,550 Times in 2,267 Posts

Default Re: Dont buy epson surecolor s40600

Instead of coming here ranting because your machine is broke (who hasn't been in that situation?) I recommend you explain your issues in depth to see if someone here can offer advice.

No one is going to stop buying Epson because your machine isn't acting right.

You've been here a while. Certainly you've read posts on the importance of extended warranties?

Old April 1st, 2019 Apr 1, 2019 4:13:53 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Santos
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

You got a point Splathead to some degree.

But an extended warranty from Epson is almost $3000 and only covers 1 print head for the duration
of the warranty.

You can buy Epson if you like. There is now way I buying anything Epson again

There is not much to tell you about the problem.

Machine says "Plug in power cord #2" nothing else

By they way today 4-01-19 they switch out the print head and the board at the same time
and they machine is still saying to "plug in power cord #2"

10 hours of certified Epson technician- Epson experts are the ones
telling the technician what to do. So I think is fair to call out Epson for whats going on.

I don't expect the machine not to break, but if I call Epson for service
I expect them to know what the hell they are doing, and its very obvious that they are
guessing what the problem is.

Old April 2nd, 2019 Apr 2, 2019 8:34:42 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Geno
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Why would you buy a P600 for printing t-shirts and not a DTG? I can see if you only did a handful hear and there I guess but that printer isn't made for that purpose from what I can tell. Sure, it's only about $800 or so but still.

This is a discussion about Dont buy epson surecolor s40600 that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in