New Print head, No print - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

New Print head, No print

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old November 26th, 2018 Nov 26, 2018 6:28:04 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default New Print head, No print

Yesterday before my new printhead came in I was printing CMYK
I purchased a new head because the white channel was clogged.

Put in the new head, Won't print. Took out again to make sure everything was set; ribbon cables in snug, Still nothing.

When I do head cleans no ink is coming through the tube. Brand new Damper set and the Pump assembly is brand new.

What is going on?

I also decided to put the old head back in since it was working prior to the new install. It won't work either.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 27th, 2018 Nov 27, 2018 2:39:44 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Default Re: New Print head, No print

Update. I have ink suction but the head is still not printing after 7 head cleans from easy to heavy. Do I need to input the ID of this new head somewhere? And if so, where, how?

I am grateful that I learned so much in the month of owning this used printer, But I really wanna freaking print now!

Old November 28th, 2018 Nov 28, 2018 4:49:37 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Dan

Whenever we have had our printhead replaced it has been done by a tech contracted by Epson. Once the head has been replaced they run the service program on the computer to run a routine that preps the head for service. I don’t know exactly what it does but it always has worked. May have something to do with pressurizing the lines. Not sure how you would do it but you might see if you can find a way to pull ink through the head with suction (we had to do this on our original DTG printer (pre epson F series).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to bakedts For This Useful Post:
DJInk (November 28th, 2018)

Old November 28th, 2018 Nov 28, 2018 10:24:39 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: James

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJInk
Yesterday before my new printhead came in I was printing CMYK
I purchased a new head because the white channel was clogged.

Put in the new head, Won't print. Took out again to make sure everything was set; ribbon cables in snug, Still nothing.

When I do head cleans no ink is coming through the tube. Brand new Damper set and the Pump assembly is brand new.

What is going on?

I also decided to put the old head back in since it was working prior to the new install. It won't work either.

What type of printer are you using>?

Old November 28th, 2018 Nov 28, 2018 1:28:17 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I am using the F2000. I think the head is defective. I am talking with the site I purchased it from to try and swap it out.. I have ink flow. The dampers are filled. The dampers are new too. I also bled them to make sure. It was working fine prior to the new head except it had white clogged from the previous owner, so i used it on white tees until I got use to it.

Old November 28th, 2018 Nov 28, 2018 1:30:11 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakedts
Whenever we have had our printhead replaced it has been done by a tech contracted by Epson. Once the head has been replaced they run the service program on the computer to run a routine that preps the head for service. I don’t know exactly what it does but it always has worked. May have something to do with pressurizing the lines. Not sure how you would do it but you might see if you can find a way to pull ink through the head with suction (we had to do this on our original DTG printer (pre epson F series).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I purchased the service program on Ebay today. $12 I did too much to call a tech now. But I have to downgrade my pc to windows 7 ( ugh) But the head should just work, shouldn't it? I see vids on youtube and they dont have to input IDs or use a program. ( I was able to pull ink to the dampers. But the head isnt spraying.)

Old March 27th, 2019 Mar 27, 2019 10:33:17 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Did you ever figure it out?

Old May 18th, 2019 May 18, 2019 7:56:18 AM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

@DJInk I'd like to know how you fixed it also, please share cause my white is not firing too. THank you

This is a discussion about New Print head, No print that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in