Do I have to get a new printhead? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

Do I have to get a new printhead?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old November 8th, 2018 Nov 8, 2018 6:52:46 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Do I have to get a new printhead?

I have two channels that seem to be almost non-existent in white and the other two print spotty. I have changed out the capping station I have changed the damper kit this morning. same results after a light, medium and heavy clean. All that is left I think is the head.

I thought a motor, but the colors print fine. It is just so much money to drop after spending $500 on two items that was not the issue. I bought it used, the guy said he tried to use white the first few months he bought it and couldnt get the hang so he just used it for white tees. Maybe he ruined the head for white if not cleaned properly?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 8th, 2018 Nov 8, 2018 9:26:29 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Jackie

Default Re: Do I have to get a new printhead?

-I would contact Decision One (888-217-6968)- it is a company that services the Epson printers. i would think it would be better to get professional help rather than doing hit and miss repairs. I'm surprised that the original owner didn't have Epson resolve the white ink issue, there is usually a full one-year warranty.

Old November 8th, 2018 Nov 8, 2018 4:08:39 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Default Re: Do I have to get a new printhead?

Thanks, Jackie.

I did call the number today, They told me I had to call Epson who in turn contacts them. (grrr)

So I asked the lady a few questions on price. She told me I would pay $100 for the tech to come out. $175 per hour and for them to order a part for me a $25 fee on top of the cost of the part.

I am almost certain it is the Head, I guess I will replace it. If for some reason it isnt, then I will call them out. I will treat it as I have performed a couple yearly maintenance things that are needed. I will sell white tees only for a while to earn some cash for the new head.

This is a discussion about Do I have to get a new printhead? that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in