White ink expended issue - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

White ink expended issue

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old October 18th, 2018 Oct 18, 2018 9:38:48 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default White ink expended issue

The printer tells me the white ink is out and I need to replace it. The problem is the chip on the tank as I have 3/4 white ink in it. I can not get into maintenance mode, or any kind of mode to do a tube wash until I can get a new chip.

If I place any other tank it says it is the wrong color ( which is true) How can I get this thing shut down properly with a tube wash before the head dries up?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 20th, 2018 Oct 20, 2018 11:13:59 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Default Re: White ink expended issue

Today I moved the head to center position and took off the cover to expose the dampers. I was able to pull ink through all of the white dampers. Nothing is clogged and flowing well. So why do I have to do a cleaning between each print to get the white to look nice? If the head were clogged it wouldn't print at all.

Old October 22nd, 2018 Oct 22, 2018 4:17:01 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Dan

If this is an F2000 or F2100 under warranty you should call Epson to get someone out to fix it. Just because you can manually pull ink through the head doesn’t mean that it is being pulled through during printing. I would guess it is the pump cap station (not sure what it is actually called) that is likely the issue. This is not pulling the ink through but the printer thinks it is which is why it is registering the ink cart empty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old October 22nd, 2018 Oct 22, 2018 4:32:19 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakedts
If this is an F2000 or F2100 under warranty you should call Epson to get someone out to fix it. Just because you can manually pull ink through the head doesn’t mean that it is being pulled through during printing. I would guess it is the pump cap station (not sure what it is actually called) that is likely the issue. This is not pulling the ink through but the printer thinks it is which is why it is registering the ink cart empty.

Nope, No warranty and the closest tech in 6 hrs away. I gotta try and do this on my own.

Old October 22nd, 2018 Oct 22, 2018 4:47:57 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Dan

I believe you can purchase a pump cap station and install yourself. I can’t remember where but I found it in this forum a while back.

The Following User Says Thank You to bakedts For This Useful Post:
DJInk (October 22nd, 2018)
Old October 22nd, 2018 Oct 22, 2018 6:25:32 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakedts
I believe you can purchase a pump cap station and install yourself. I can’t remember where but I found it in this forum a while back.

Thanks. I did find a couple of places. It is under $200, But not knowing if that is the problem or the Damper kit $255 can get pricey. I read the pump was not an easy install and there are no videos. I may have to bite it and get a tech out here to get me straight. I wish I would have checked on the status of techs location before I bought this. Being close to Buffalo I thought there would be someone. But no.

Old October 23rd, 2018 Oct 23, 2018 8:14:34 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I didnt order the part but I did take the side off and pull the unit just to see if I could do the job. The website where placing the order said the job is difficult, but it is not. At all! It is literally four screws to remove the part but you have to take the side of the panel off which is a little tricky.

I am unsure if the part is clogged, but the lines to the waste ink were clogged. I cut off 6 inches of tube and replaced it. If I still have issues I will start here and replace the part. It looks like Epson replaced the Head kit in September, Just a month before I purchased it. They placed a sticker on it.

Thanks, bakedts for the suggestion. It may be it. ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lint.jpg (61.5 KB, 14 views)

This is a discussion about White ink expended issue that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in