New Epson Pretreat for Polyester - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

New Epson Pretreat for Polyester

Like Tree2Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old November 2nd, 2018 Nov 2, 2018 9:02:23 AM -   #16 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Harry
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanked 1,066 Times in 914 Posts

Default Re: New Epson Pretreat for Polyester

Quote:
Originally Posted by splathead
Is this all-purpose, works on cotton? Or do you need 2 speed treaters?

The new Epson dark polyester pretreatment is made for polyester fabric only. You would change over to the Epson cotton pretreatment for other goods.

If you are using the SpeedTreater-TX you just pump whatever pretreatment you currently have in the unit's hosing back into its container. Then just change containers and fill with the other pretreatment. Should just take a minute or two and no waste of fluid.

_

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 2nd, 2018 Nov 2, 2018 10:31:26 AM -   #17 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

What is supposed to be different in the new cotton solution?

Thanks,
Rob

Old November 2nd, 2018 Nov 2, 2018 10:46:00 AM -   #18 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

wwo, so dtg isnt as good as it seem?

Old November 8th, 2018 Nov 8, 2018 1:18:21 PM -   #19 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by equipmentzone
Equipment Zone will have the new Epson cotton pretreatment in stock next week.

The new Epson dark polyester pretreatment should be available towards the end of December.

_
Can you send pre-treatment to Au?
my supplier has not had a set date from Epson Australia to know when it will be available here.
I am very interested to buy both white and black pre-treatments.

Old November 8th, 2018 Nov 8, 2018 5:08:56 PM -   #20 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Harry
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Thanked 1,066 Times in 914 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannonau
my supplier has not had a set date from Epson Australia to know when it will be available here.

Sorry but Epson does not allow US dealers to sell outside the United States.

_

Old November 13th, 2018 Nov 13, 2018 11:21:32 AM -   #21 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannonau
Who is the dealer in Au?

Old January 15th, 2019 Jan 15, 2019 4:59:35 PM -   #22 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Stupid question perhaps.. can I use this for brother 381?

Old January 16th, 2019 Jan 16, 2019 11:22:49 AM -   #23 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Geno
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I don't see why not. I have a Brother GTX that I use Epson pretreatment on and it works great. Worth a shot I guess.

Although I haven't had much time to experiment more with the new Epson poly pretreatment (but I will) here is an email from an Epson tech (great guy BTW) that I received just last week. A few revisions from the first poly pretreatment instructions.

Hope you are off to a great start this year. I have some updated usage information for polyester garment printing with the F2100 that will hopefully get you better results. The main point to remember when printing on polyester garments with DTG is that it will NOT be as vibrant as cotton or screen printing. This is because the fabric is a loose mesh with more than 50% air, and the ink will only coat the fibers. Trying to flood coat the fabric with ink will look good at first, but will have noticeably reduced wash-fastness durability. As such the white point and vibrancy will be lower than cotton garments. An analogy is that cotton garments have a white point similar to plain printer paper, while polyester garments have a white point similar to newspaper.

Below are the updated usage instructions:

Pretreatment Preparation:
Mix the box of polyester pretreatment (C13T43R200) by quickly rotating 90 degrees several times. This will agitate the liquid and prevent any liquid separation due to shipping environments.
For Dark garments that will use white ink, use the pretreatment without dilution. For Light garments that will NOT use white ink, mix one part pretreatment with 6 parts water.

Preparing the Garment:
Using a pretreatment machine (Equipment Zone SpeedTreater-TX, Lawson Zoom AE, or Shulze PRETREATmaker IV) to spray pretreatment on garment. Recommended amount is 30-40g for full garment or 15-20g for 1/2 size garment (0.15 grams per square inch)
Dry garment and press at 285F with medium pressure using a heat press.

Printing the Garment:
Thread the garment on the printer platen so that only one side is on the platen and the the opposite side is below. Use the metal platen hoop to secure in place. Do not use the grip pad as the polyester garment fabric mesh construction will allow some ink to soil the platen.
Adjust the platen height as needed (typically between 1.5 and 2.5)
Use the recommended print settings to print the design in Garment Creator v2.0.2
White ink used:
Regardless of garment color, select "Dark Color T-Shirt" as the preset.
Set Print Quality to Level 5 (or Level 4 if use of highlight white is not desired)
Set Ink Density to Color = +25% and White = +25%
White ink NOT used:
Regardless of garment color, select "Light Color T-Shirt" as the preset.
Set Print Quality to Level 2 (or Level 3 if additional vibrancy is desired)

Curing the Garment:
The temperature must be properly controlled to allow the ink to properly cure without allowing the dyes in the fabric to begin migration.
Using a Heat Press set to 285F
Place printed garment on the heat press and hover the heating element close to the surface for 30 seconds.
Cover the garment with a sheet of parchment paper (or teflon) and press at lowest pressure for 90 seconds on prints with white ink, or 45 seconds for prints without white ink.
Using a tunnel dryer: Differences in tunnel dryer construction will require different settings. The ink must reach 265F and not exceed 285F. The settings used with a Lawson Digi-Star 2412 tunnel dryer are a temperature of 340F and the time at 165 seconds (speed dial set to 1).

Garment Care:
To remove any pretreatment staining and the tacky ink feel, rinse the cured garment with cold water.
Washing: Machine wash inside-out in cold water with like colors. Do not use bleach or fabric softener.
Drying: Tumble dry on low heat or air/hang dry.

I would like to say that I am printing on A4 poly tees from Staton Wholesale which has a very tight weave that I like.

The Following User Says Thank You to gatorGRAFIX For This Useful Post:
CzT (January 16th, 2019)
Old February 21st, 2019 Feb 21, 2019 6:23:36 AM -   #24 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

We received our poly pre treat for epson. We are running it on dark colors so its 1:0. We are using a Schulze IV. When we lay the pre treat down it comes out in skinny rows. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Here is a sample on a lite shirt. We over did it to get it to fill.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190220_162806.jpg (761.5 KB, 23 views)

Old March 12th, 2019 Mar 12, 2019 7:08:50 AM -   #25 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

will the new epson pretreat have a different name and packaging? or is any Epson PT made after a certain date the new one?

Old March 12th, 2019 Mar 12, 2019 7:11:09 AM -   #26 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aodsno
We received our poly pre treat for epson. We are running it on dark colors so its 1:0. We are using a Schulze IV. When we lay the pre treat down it comes out in skinny rows. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Here is a sample on a lite shirt. We over did it to get it to fill.
you need to clean your nozzles every day. I have the same on my 6 year old PT maker III. Total piece of junk. Only the first week the spray was good.

Old 6 Days Ago Apr 15, 2019 2:54:26 PM -   #27 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

You can call me: Mark

Any update on the Epson Poly Pretreat? I don't see it for sale at EZ, are there issues?

Old 5 Days Ago Apr 16, 2019 1:04:36 PM -   #28 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aodsno
The pretreat is very thick and does not spray well through the nozzles you have to up your pressure on your Schulze to get it to spray. I am not a fan of this pretreatment it stains everything. Firebird offers pre-pretreated 100% poly shirts that print amazing. This is a picture of how the epson pretreat stains following their directions also the print does not last I scraped my thumbnail against the basketball after curing.

The last image is the Firebird FB2GO pre-pretreated poly shirt (yes my alignment is messed up ) The FB2GO's are A4s so I did the epson pretreat on an A4 as well for reference. Notice there is no staining and the vibrancy is way better at the same print settings. I don't have pictures but the epson poly pretreat fell off the shirt in 3 washes and the FB2GO shirt made it to 10
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190307_133242_resized.jpg (2.46 MB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 20190307_133330.jpg (5.25 MB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 20190307_132934.jpg (4.72 MB, 9 views)

Old 5 Days Ago Apr 16, 2019 1:51:37 PM -   #29 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Geno
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I have had some pretty good results with it but not perfect...yet.

My daughter has an A4 black dri-fit tee that I printed a Gator Grafix design on for her months ago and it still looks great. Go figger.

Gonna give it another round next week.

This is a discussion about New Epson Pretreat for Polyester that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in