When designing distressed - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

When designing distressed

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old October 8th, 2018 Oct 8, 2018 6:20:15 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default When designing distressed

I guess it is a general question. Since I own this machine I will post my question here. I was wondering about distressed designing for DTG.

When distressing do I actually rip the image or do I paint on the distressed with a brush in photoshop. When I screen print I rip it and let the color of the tee come through.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 9th, 2018 Oct 9, 2018 12:10:00 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Geno
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Default Re: When designing distressed

You can grab some free distressed files from the web or even make your own with a laser printed sheet of paper printed all black, crumpled in your hands to create a nice cracked pattern, flattened out and the scanned into Photoshop and then inverted.

I like the bitmap files because I can easily use them in Illustrator and then just import my final design into Photoshop.

Google can be your best friend if you want to learn how to best integrate your distressed files into your design.

After editing save your file as a .png (transparent background) and are ready to DTG!

I print distressed art with my Epson DTGs a lot and they always print beautifully.

Also - I use QuickSeps sometimes for my distressed look and I also use The Vector Lab stuff. Both very, very good for distressed printing. Especially The Vector Lab. For $79 you get a whole lot of great files and videos that translate into awesome DTG printing. Money well spent.

Every time my DTG files are already distressed, prepped and ready to print with the t-shirt color coming through the design.

Last edited by gatorGRAFIX; October 9th, 2018 at 12:19 AM..

Old October 9th, 2018 Oct 9, 2018 12:25:08 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

There are thousands of free Photoshop distressed brushes available on the Internet, or make your own brush pattern.

I personally don't print many t-shirts, but I believe the most natural distressed patterns are vertical ones that follow the knit of the garment.

Old October 18th, 2018 Oct 18, 2018 7:06:00 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Greg
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Default Re: When designing distressed

There are plenty of free things out there to create the distressed look. We use a lot fo those. But our favorite is this. https://www.retrosupply.co/collectio...ducts/retrotee It costs $15 but it was worth it. I had to enlarge the photoshop file a little to make it work for our t-shirt size but it's distressed, so that really doesn't matter. We have bought a few other things form them as well. (No I don't work for them :-)

This is a discussion about When designing distressed that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in