Pros and Cons of Epson F2100 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

Pros and Cons of Epson F2100

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old October 5th, 2018 Oct 5, 2018 2:58:16 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Pros and Cons of Epson F2100

I am looking at purchasing a DTG printer and have reworked my budget and focus to the Epson F2100. What are some of your experiences with this printer as far as setup, maintenance to printing. Can I see some samples of more complex designs you've printed with the F2100.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 5th, 2018 Oct 5, 2018 3:28:24 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Bob
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Default Re: Pros and Cons of Epson F2100

It's the best printer you can buy as a beginner... BUT:
1. keep your expectations low... DTG is not as easy as it looks.
2. Do the math first. Will you be able to sell enough for ROI in reasonable time?

Old October 9th, 2018 Oct 9, 2018 4:13:07 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Dan

We have been printing DTG for over 8 years. We are on our 3rd DTG printer, an Epson F2100. Overall we are very happy with the minimal maintenance, print quality and speed of this machine. We run our printer 7 days a week and had over 100,000 prints on our F2000 that we ran for 3 years. As Previously posted, the key is knowing your costs and to charge prices accordingly. There is a learning curve, particularly in the art of pretreating but you will have that with any DTG printer. The biggest thing to pay attention to cost wise is the price of the inks. Epson ink is expensive and the printer uses a lot. When we bought our fist F2000 we had to really look hard at the numbers to see if the low maintenance, speed and quality were worth the higher cost of ink. We determined that it was and we are not regretting our decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old October 12th, 2018 Oct 12, 2018 3:31:36 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

splathead's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: Joe
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Thanked 2,503 Times in 2,221 Posts

Bickering posts removed. ONLY To-The-Point reviews of the F2100 here, please.

Last edited by splathead; October 16th, 2018 at 07:31 AM..

Old October 16th, 2018 Oct 16, 2018 2:36:00 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Bernie

I recently went to a trade show, I watched a Brother GTX print a black shirt in 45 seconds, i then went to the Epson stand, not sure what model but it was almost the same price as the Brother, it took over 5 minutes to print a similiar print. I took a shirt home printed on the Brother & have now washed it 30 times with no problems. It seems to me that Epsons are way too slow to make any money.

This is a discussion about Pros and Cons of Epson F2100 that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in