Has Anyone Installed an Epson F2000 Print Head DIY - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

Has Anyone Installed an Epson F2000 Print Head DIY

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 12th, 2018 Jul 12, 2018 8:17:48 AM -   #16 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Ryi
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Has Anyone Installed an Epson F2000 Print Head DIY

@TABOB, I was thinking the same thing but I wasn't sure where to start. I was thinking maybe I have another pump out somewhere. I know the cap station is good. I didn't think it was the scale or CR encoder, as white looks great. I figured the printhead doesn't need adjustments either, as the four whites look great on a nozzle check. It's just the CYMK and mostly the black. Also, the left side ink holder has been replaced, which includes the pump for the yellow, but yellow also has a 3rd of the lines missing.

I am guessing I need the tech software to work for the single color tube wash maintenance, correct? Not referring to a standard end of the day cap station tube wash here but a tube wash as if I am putting it into storage mode, correct? I am running Windows 10 on all my PC's, I was guessing that was my issue - the Windows 10 virtual app doesn't really work well. If I can't get the appt to work, I could just put it in storage mode. Wouldn't do the same thing as a full system tube wash?

I must say, this is frustrating - I change the printhead to fix white printing and now my CMYK is all messed up.

I can't stress this enough, your help is greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 12th, 2018 Jul 12, 2018 9:15:09 AM -   #17 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Bob
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReasonTee
I am guessing I need the tech software to work for the single color tube wash maintenance, correct?
You don't need the service software, and you don't have to put it into storage mode either. You can do just one color, just as you do the white...The procedure is the same. Have you not noticed the color sub-menu? It is also mentioned in the manual, as "optional" maintenance. You could of course use the storage mode if you like, and flush everything, but that's a lot of waste, without knowing if this is the problem. I'd try one color first.

Just out of curiosity, and obviously helping others facing the same problem... The print-head worked by just putting in, just as I said... no?

Old July 13th, 2018 Jul 13, 2018 3:16:59 PM -   #18 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Ryi

Ok, so I figured out what I was missing. I remembered the printer offering the option of tube cleaning all color lines but couldn't recall why it was missing. I discovered that when I updated the firmware and set the printer to Eco tube wash, the option for a full-color tube cleaning is no longer available. I changed it back to standard and the option for tube washing the color lines was available. It does not provide the option to clean a specific color, only all color lines.

I ran a full tube wash for the color and it charged the lines after swapping the cleaning carts out and the color carts back in. The Cyan and Magenta came back beautifully. The yellow and black continued to have a handful of broken lines when running a nozzle check - always the exact same spots. However, the black and yellow looked great except for the few broken lines. Before, I was missing about a 3rd of the lines on all CMYK.

So, I spent a quick 20 minutes and opened the printhead cover, carefully popped the duct assembly off, and ran some Printhead 911 through the yellow and black nozzles. Sure enough, had some minor blockage but the printhead cleaner opened it up real quick and easy.

After reassembling I ran two light head cleans and one medium. The blocked nozzles were back, but it was having ink starvation again, as I had disassembled the duct assembly from the printhead. The black and yellow ink was getting low, but I had enough to run a full tube wash again to charge the lines. Well, even though I ran it on color only, the printer was using up white ink and now I am all out of white ink for slot 2.

Now the printer wont come out of the cleaning mode until it gets a new white ink cart installed. In the meantime, I can't finish the tube wash, complete a cap station/tube cleaning, or put it in storage mode while I wait for new ink carts. By the time the cart gets here, I will probably have to clean the printhead again and charge all the lines.

So I am stuck waiting for an order of printer carts.

I will post an update once the cleaning carts are here.

Old July 13th, 2018 Jul 13, 2018 5:59:15 PM -   #19 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReasonTee
Ok, so I figured out what I was missing. I remembered the printer offering the option of tube cleaning all color lines but couldn't recall why it was missing. I discovered that when I updated the firmware and set the printer to Eco tube wash, the option for a full-color tube cleaning is no longer available. I changed it back to standard and the option for tube washing the color lines was available. It does not provide the option to clean a specific color, only all color lines.

I ran a full tube wash for the color and it charged the lines after swapping the cleaning carts out and the color carts back in. The Cyan and Magenta came back beautifully. The yellow and black continued to have a handful of broken lines when running a nozzle check - always the exact same spots. However, the black and yellow looked great except for the few broken lines. Before, I was missing about a 3rd of the lines on all CMYK.

So, I spent a quick 20 minutes and opened the printhead cover, carefully popped the duct assembly off, and ran some Printhead 911 through the yellow and black nozzles. Sure enough, had some minor blockage but the printhead cleaner opened it up real quick and easy.

After reassembling I ran two light head cleans and one medium. The blocked nozzles were back, but it was having ink starvation again, as I had disassembled the duct assembly from the printhead. The black and yellow ink was getting low, but I had enough to run a full tube wash again to charge the lines. Well, even though I ran it on color only, the printer was using up white ink and now I am all out of white ink for slot 2.

Now the printer wont come out of the cleaning mode until it gets a new white ink cart installed. In the meantime, I can't finish the tube wash, complete a cap station/tube cleaning, or put it in storage mode while I wait for new ink carts. By the time the cart gets here, I will probably have to clean the printhead again and charge all the lines.

So I am stuck waiting for an order of printer carts.

I will post an update once the cleaning carts are here.
This looks exactly like what I would say, if asked why I got rid of this printer. Not that other printers are better, but I like to control of the machine, instead of the machine telling me what to do.
I'm pretty sure I was able to select the color for the cleaning... but it's been more than a year, so I don't remember exactly how. Possibly a different firmware version.

Old July 23rd, 2018 Jul 23, 2018 9:36:37 AM -   #20 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Do you have an update? I am having similar issues. I do a cleaning and get a good nozzle check. After printing a few shirts, I begin to get drop out on the yellow and white. I did a tube wash, ran printhead 911 through the head and still the same issue. I changed the capping station/suction and CR ducts last month but am still having these issues. Any other advice?

Old July 23rd, 2018 Jul 23, 2018 5:32:26 PM -   #21 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasser70
Do you have an update? I am having similar issues. I do a cleaning and get a good nozzle check. After printing a few shirts, I begin to get drop out on the yellow and white. I did a tube wash, ran printhead 911 through the head and still the same issue. I changed the capping station/suction and CR ducts last month but am still having these issues. Any other advice?
How many is a few?

Old July 23rd, 2018 Jul 23, 2018 5:38:52 PM -   #22 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TABOB
How many is a few?
It seems after 4 prints it starts to have issues.

Old July 23rd, 2018 Jul 23, 2018 6:04:22 PM -   #23 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasser70
It seems after 4 prints it starts to have issues.
Try wiping the nozzle plate every 2 prints with flushing solution, and see if that helps.

Old September 8th, 2018 Sep 8, 2018 9:47:34 AM -   #24 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Where is a good place to buy the print head for the Epson Surecolor f2000? Having a hard time finding a place to buy one that I can trust. Any recommendations?

Old September 10th, 2018 Sep 10, 2018 2:45:09 PM -   #25 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I bought one a few weeks ago from:

https://us.digiprint-supplies.com/us...9-fa12091.html

Old December 4th, 2018 Dec 4, 2018 12:29:06 AM -   #26 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

where i can find new head print fo epson f2000 and ship it to israel?

Old March 9th, 2019 Mar 9, 2019 10:08:53 AM -   #27 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Still interested in this topic. I am in the market for a new printer soon and my concern with the epsons vs all others (brother, Ricoh, Omni, ect) is that they are the only ones I hear that don’t allow you to change your own print head. They prefer you to have a tech which is like the BMW of the world. Love the car but they make it a pain in the cheeks to be able to service on your own. This is a complete turn off for me if that’s the case since I consider myself to be pretty handy. It’s not like they don’t get enough money off their inks and other consumables to allow you to purchase a head and replace it your self. I have seen no YouTube videos of a head replacement then back up and running and this is the only thread about replacing that I could find and it seems to be one or two that might have got back working.

Where are all the success or failure stories?? Pls let us know!!! I know I’m not the only one

Old April 29th, 2019 Apr 29, 2019 2:25:17 PM -   #28 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

HI Tabob what is and was it successful
method to unclog your print head

Old May 18th, 2019 May 18, 2019 2:47:40 PM -   #29 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Does the 911 really work or creates more issue? My white still not firing, CMYK is perfect.

Old May 26th, 2019 May 26, 2019 7:36:49 PM -   #30 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Also does anyone know how to get the service program to communicate with the printer, step by step, i dont think its a driver issue cause garment creator sees the printer in either usb or network. Thank you!

This is a discussion about Has Anyone Installed an Epson F2000 Print Head DIY that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in