Advice before Buying Epson SC-F2000 Print Quality Poor - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

Advice before Buying Epson SC-F2000 Print Quality Poor

Like Tree1Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old October 27th, 2017 Oct 27, 2017 1:30:39 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Advice before Buying Epson SC-F2000 Print Quality Poor

Hi Everyone

Just looking for a little advice on the Epson SC F2000.

We have been looking at adding a DTG printer to my existing embroidery business and after reading good reviews for the Epson decided to go with this.

My initial purchase is for the printer, Adkins Swing Press and the Schulz PreTreater lV.

We agreed price with supplier and went to visit them today only to come away disappointed with the print quality produced by the printer. (See attached pictures)

I took with me a range of garments all from the Uneek Brand and 50/50 Poly Cotton with the exception of the T-Shirt which is 100% cotton.

As well as T-Shirts we would be looking to print on Sweat, Hooides and Polo-shirts..

Is the Epson suitable for printing block colour and producing good results? from videos I have watched online the prints look a lot better than I saw today.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks Terry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0878.jpg (442.3 KB, 170 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0879.jpg (466.9 KB, 146 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0881.jpg (545.1 KB, 142 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0882.jpg (886.6 KB, 143 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0883.jpg (825.1 KB, 170 views)

Last edited by Terry Hayward; October 28th, 2017 at 01:42 AM.. Reason: Adding to Title/Pictures

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 28th, 2017 Oct 28, 2017 6:18:32 PM -   #2 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Harry
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Thanked 1,075 Times in 922 Posts

Default Re: Advice before Buying Epson SC-F2000 Print Quality Poor

Where are you located? It looks like you are outside the United States.

_

Old October 28th, 2017 Oct 28, 2017 10:10:21 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

I?m in UK, watched some of your videos already.very interesting.. Had recommendations to use equipmentzone too..

Old October 30th, 2017 Oct 30, 2017 4:31:49 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Mark

Wow, some of the worst prints I've ever seen to come off a F2000.

A few things to understand is that garment quality and composition of fabric, and the way in which a garment is prepared prior to printing, are crucial factors in achieving great DTG prints.

Looking at the pics those garments are certainly not the best for DTG printing. There are too many fibres and the fabric is too course. They also look to be poorly prepared/pretreated prior to printing.

It takes a lot of sampling to dial in the correct amount of pretreat for a particular brand of garment, and many brands simply aren't suitable for DTG. I always recommend new users to sample different brands and choose to supply only the ones that print the best.

All forms of textile reproduction have limitations and DTG is no different. Therefore one must work within the boundaries of what is possible on any particular brand/style of garment. Just because a tee is 100% cotton doesn't mean it's going to print well with DTG, more so it's about the quality of the cotton and the tightness of the weave.

Old October 31st, 2017 Oct 31, 2017 2:07:57 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Hayward
Hi Everyone

We have been looking at adding a DTG printer to my existing embroidery business and after reading good reviews for the Epson decided to go with this.

My initial purchase is for the printer, Adkins Swing Press and the Schulz PreTreater lV.

We agreed price with supplier and went to visit them today only to come away disappointed with the print quality produced by the printer. (See attached pictures)

I took with me a range of garments all from the Uneek Brand and 50/50 Poly Cotton with the exception of the T-Shirt which is 100% cotton.

As well as T-Shirts we would be looking to print on Sweat, Hooides and Polo-shirts..

Is the Epson suitable for printing block colour and producing good results? from videos I have watched online the prints look a lot better than I saw today.

Thanks Terry
Were these printed by the Epson supplier?

Because the print quality is very low and this has not been helped with the test image quality been low.

Old October 31st, 2017 Oct 31, 2017 2:21:56 AM -   #6 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Pat
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

When screen printing onto Uneek T-shirts and hoodies I have found them much harder to get good initial coverage than other brands. I usually have to hit the underbase twice. Would the same limitation to apply to the DTG pretreat?

Old October 31st, 2017 Oct 31, 2017 5:06:21 AM -   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Hi Everyone

Thanks Terry

Just Bought a brand new F2000 few weeks ago and i also find the print coming out with a faded look. cant seem to print a proper bright red on both dark and light garments. Am using Fruit of Loom for tests.

In between am using Garment Creator that came with the printer. Can anyone post their settings? or is it a case of of changing to a different Rip software

Old October 31st, 2017 Oct 31, 2017 4:08:36 PM -   #8 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Hi
Yes I visited the Epson dealer these where printed in front of me..

Visiting Resolute this week may end up going with the R-Jet 5i instead.

I can see Resolute are very active and helpful in this forum which goes a long way when you consider a new user like myself is going to need the support..

The Following User Says Thank You to Terry Hayward For This Useful Post:
NZACO (November 1st, 2017)
Old October 31st, 2017 Oct 31, 2017 4:54:44 PM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatWibble
When screen printing onto Uneek T-shirts and hoodies I have found them much harder to get good initial coverage than other brands. I usually have to hit the underbase twice. Would the same limitation to apply to the DTG pretreat?
With DTG, pretreat and white ink saturation changes depending on garment quality. Poor quality garments require more of both and some brands are just not worth the trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meffson
Just Bought a brand new F2000 few weeks ago and i also find the print coming out with a faded look. cant seem to print a proper bright red on both dark and light garments. Am using Fruit of Loom for tests.

In between am using Garment Creator that came with the printer. Can anyone post their settings? or is it a case of of changing to a different Rip software
Settings change depending on design and garment being printed. Sometimes it's not the setting that's the issue, it's garment prep'. If you want some setting suggestions you will need to supply a pic of your current issues and the design you're trying to reproduce. PM me or join the F2000 FB group for help. Link in my sig'.

Old November 5th, 2017 Nov 5, 2017 11:53:08 PM -   #10 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Thanks,

After playing with the settings and pre-treatment, am starting to see slight improvement.

Is it worth buying NeoRip and stop using GC?

Old December 3rd, 2017 Dec 3, 2017 2:19:23 PM -   #11 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Hi
Finally went for the Epson, installed 3 weeks tomorrow, i am absolutely delighted with the machine so far..
Prints are getting better and better every day. So far used a nearly all the white on testing, yet to sell..giving away some free samples to new customers and all has been positive so far..
Today I printed some cheap 50/50 polos one was uneek UC108 and the prints are as near to good quality as on the Gildan100% cotton.
I’m yet to master the pretreatment I struggle to know if I have done it properly or not..
Please see pictures and let me know if i’m moving in the right direction quality wise..
Appreciate all your help and pm’s over the past 6 weeks
Thanks Terry

Old December 3rd, 2017 Dec 3, 2017 5:26:55 PM -   #12 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Hi
Finally went for the Epson, installed 3 weeks tomorrow, i am absolutely delighted with the machine so far..
Prints are getting better and better every day. So far used a nearly all the white on testing, yet to sell..giving away some free samples to new customers and all has been positive so far..
Today I printed some cheap 50/50 polos one was uneek UC108 and the prints are as near to good quality as on the Gildan100% cotton.
I’m yet to master the pretreatment I struggle to know if I have done it properly or not..
Please see pictures and let me know if i’m moving in the right direction quality wise..
Appreciate all your help and pm’s over the past 6 weeks
Thanks Terry

How are you applying and drying your pretreatment?

_

Old December 3rd, 2017 Dec 3, 2017 9:15:33 PM -   #13 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

I have schulze pretreat maker iv.

For all garments i press the shirt 1st, on the poly cotton I set the speed to 150%, double pass, pretreat x 3 and medium to heavy pressure to dry, then on to printer, then off to cure which I then place parchment paper over the print and teflon sheet over the top of entire garment, then rest the heat press on top (not fully closed) for 90 seconds, i did this twice and the ink came off the polo when rubbed with a piece of paper.

The cotton polo was the same as above but +85%, pretreat once. and ink curing once for 90 seconds. Also i have a lint roller which I use before 1st press.

Does this seem correct?

Old December 4th, 2017 Dec 4, 2017 3:55:17 AM -   #14 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
I have schulze pretreat maker iv.

For all garments i press the shirt 1st, on the poly cotton I set the speed to 150%, double pass, pretreat x 3 and medium to heavy pressure to dry, then on to printer, then off to cure which I then place parchment paper over the print and teflon sheet over the top of entire garment, then rest the heat press on top (not fully closed) for 90 seconds, i did this twice and the ink came off the polo when rubbed with a piece of paper.

The cotton polo was the same as above but +85%, pretreat once. and ink curing once for 90 seconds. Also i have a lint roller which I use before 1st press.

Does this seem correct?

You should be using a parchment or silicone paper cover sheet over the pretreatment when drying it. You should be fully pressing the heat press - not hovering. You are trying to both dry the pretreat and flatten the fibers. You should also be fully pressing the completed print and using silicone coated paper, not simply hovering. No teflon cover over it.

_

Old January 15th, 2018 Jan 15, 2018 10:09:16 AM -   #15 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: oli

Hello! I have got a epson 4880 based t-shirt printer and a epson sc f2000. The sc f2000 cleaning cartridge liquid is good for the epson 4880 printer? Not the complet cartridge, just the cleaning liquid in the cartridge. Thank You!

This is a discussion about Advice before Buying Epson SC-F2000 Print Quality Poor that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in