CBreeze RIP for thr F2000 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

CBreeze RIP for thr F2000

Like Tree11Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 28th, 2017 Jul 28, 2017 8:26:21 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Geno
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default CBreeze RIP for the F2000

I have been using a RIP that is new to the F2000 called CBreeze. It is super easy to use and it works like a dream (for me anyways). I have been using it now for about two weeks and it is now my go to software for the F2000.

It is PC only so you Mac guys will want to install Bootcamp (free) on your Apple computers (along with a copy of Win7 or Win10...not free...duh!) if you want to use it.

The interface is laid out very nice and it has many bells and whistles that the other RIP guys have but with a much better user interface I think and it comes with a much better price tag.

Here is the big kicker for me...It even gives you the option to print a highlight white pass to give your white areas a nice "pop".

All aspects of the white base, white highlight and color passes are easily varied with slider controls.

I am told that it will be much cheaper than the other high dollar F2000 third party RIPs that are out there. At least that is what I heard.

The owner and creator of CBreeze has been in the industry for many years and has worked on many big projects that I am sure many of you DTG folks would recognize.

I'll be posting some pictures and a "How To" for the CBreeze RIP soon so you guys and see what I am talking about.

For more info you can Google CBreeze and find his website too.
locnar likes this.

Last edited by gatorGRAFIX; July 29th, 2017 at 09:06 PM..

The Following User Says Thank You to gatorGRAFIX For This Useful Post:
locnar (July 28th, 2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 28th, 2017 Jul 28, 2017 11:42:58 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Locnar
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Default Re: CBreeze RIP for thr F2000

Heya Geno, thanks for the helpful/informative info as usual. I am interested in this if it helps with graphic effects such as smokes, glows, flares, etc. I noticed on some samples that CG can minimize, (reduce the true effect) of those effects on designs and wanted to know if the CBreeze RIP can offer a true representation of those types of graphic/design effects, thanks!
gatorGRAFIX likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to locnar For This Useful Post:
gatorGRAFIX (July 28th, 2017)
Old July 28th, 2017 Jul 28, 2017 12:32:14 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

The intensity and sharpness sliders in the white in tab are there to really fine tune fades and smoke effects. Those types of files should be run with zero choke if possible (Straight from the horses mouth).

Hope this helps.
locnar likes this.

locnar (July 28th, 2017)

Old July 28th, 2017 Jul 28, 2017 2:27:45 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Dan

I know that Lawson is selling this now and has been testing it for a while. Since they are nearby I am going to check it out in the next few weeks.
gatorGRAFIX likes this.

Old July 29th, 2017 Jul 29, 2017 2:10:04 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

I see that EquipmenZone is also selling CBreeze too.

Old July 30th, 2017 Jul 30, 2017 6:09:35 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Default Re: CBreeze RIP for the F2000

Have you calculated ink usage compared to other RIP software you have used?

Old July 30th, 2017 Jul 30, 2017 2:09:42 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Naw, not yet, back to school has me swamped!

Old August 1st, 2017 Aug 1, 2017 7:04:04 AM -   #8 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Harry
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Thanked 1,075 Times in 922 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakedts
Have you calculated ink usage compared to other RIP software you have used?

We're also testing out the new RIP and will post when we have the results.
_

The Following User Says Thank You to equipmentzone For This Useful Post:
JoshPhagan (August 1st, 2017)
Old August 27th, 2017 Aug 27, 2017 4:58:15 AM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Saw some results yesterday. I can only compare to Kothari. The main issue I saw was that it does not do very well knocking out the blacks. Also, it doesn't handle color fades as well. The white is very bright compared to other rips but that also comes with an additional pass and another $.50 to $1 in ink cost.

I know this has been communicated to the developer and they will be addressed.

Old August 30th, 2017 Aug 30, 2017 1:06:39 PM -   #10 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Fred

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakedts
Saw some results yesterday. I can only compare to Kothari. The main issue I saw was that it does not do very well knocking out the blacks. Also, it doesn't handle color fades as well. The white is very bright compared to other rips but that also comes with an additional pass and another $.50 to $1 in ink cost.

I know this has been communicated to the developer and they will be addressed.
Hi Bakedts

Can I ask where you saw these results?

I'd like to address your observations.

As to the white coverage and cost: The extra white pass is executed only upon request. You can print without an extra white pass (and still get great results). As a matter of fact, the default setting is 2-pass (one white, one color) so you actually have to "ask" for that second pass. Of course, if you add more ink you add more cost . By the way, that 2nd pass can be used as a "white highlight" pass. It doesn't have to print the whole white layer again.

As to the black knockout: I would like to see the artwork and the resulting print (you can PM me these if you like). I have a feeling that the print settings were set to an unusual setting. The default print settings are optimized so that most jobs look great, so I'm really surprised to read this. There are pictures of printed shirts on the product site which show the typical results. These were printed by a well-known member of this site.

In any case, any defects or "less than awesome" print results will be fixed immediately upon verification.

- C-Horse Software.

Old August 30th, 2017 Aug 30, 2017 1:35:47 PM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

I'll have to say that I have printed many many black tees now on CBreeze and the black knockout feature did a very good job for me.

As for the "highlight white" pass, you can use it just to brighten up some of the white area by dialing it down as far as you wish and this would cost mere pennies to do. It just gives your white a little bump in brightness which looks awesome.

Now if you have major white area then it would kind of be the same as GC double printing the white layer I guess but you could still dial the second pass way down so you aren't printing too much white ink on the second pass.

I have found the using one pass white and one pass color is comparable to DF with the same settings so I don't really use the white highlight feature that much but it's good to know it's there if I want to use it.

CHorse (August 30th, 2017)
Old August 30th, 2017 Aug 30, 2017 1:54:29 PM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

If you can PM your email address I can send you pictures of a shirt that was printed with the same design using different rip software.

Other than the items I mentioned everything else looked pretty good.

Old August 30th, 2017 Aug 30, 2017 2:59:32 PM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

That sound all good, thanks but, I'd have to have screen shots of the settings that were used to determine how well (or badly) it printed.

Old August 31st, 2017 Aug 31, 2017 3:19:06 AM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

So part of my evaluation is how the product works without the need to fine tune it for each run. We have a retail location with a high number of 1 or 2 shirt orders (usually front and back print). In our environment we do not have time to tweak the settings for the different designs. Our current Rip, while highly tweakable, is what we are using as a baseline and I can't remember the last time we modified any settings in the Rip and the customers rate our print quality very good. I did not do a detailed evaluation (yet) but simply took a design and printed it with different rip software to compare how they perform as we would use it in our production environment. I do plan to take another look as I am very impressed with the white highlight feature. The first observation I posted was based on an initial run but I will be doing a more diligent evaluation.

Old August 31st, 2017 Aug 31, 2017 5:34:16 AM -   #15 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Fred

That's a fair expectation from the software: Import the graphic, click print, collect money :-) That's the goal. There will always be an exception here and there (and that's where the features come into play) but overall, that's how it should work. I think it's pretty close to that now. As there is no such thing as "finished" software, it will continue to evolve and improve. Feedback from users (and evaluators) is very useful in that capacity.
markjw likes this.

This is a discussion about CBreeze RIP for thr F2000 that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in