Post Printing Treatment - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

Post Printing Treatment

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old February 7th, 2017 Feb 7, 2017 2:05:26 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Question Post Printing Treatment

Since it seems that pre-treatment generally leaves the shirt a little stiff and starchy, is there any recommendation for prepping the shirt to go into a retail environment? Obviously washing wouldn't be kosher but what about steaming?

Or am I just using too much pre-treatment?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 9th, 2017 Feb 9, 2017 4:27:11 AM -   #2 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Harry
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Thanked 1,068 Times in 915 Posts

Default Re: Post Printing Treatment

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdaidaho
Since it seems that pre-treatment generally leaves the shirt a little stiff and starchy, is there any recommendation for prepping the shirt to go into a retail environment? Obviously washing wouldn't be kosher but what about steaming?

Or am I just using too much pre-treatment?

You can use a steamer.

However, you should check your pretreating method and amount because your prints with the F2000 should feel fairly soft.

_

The Following User Says Thank You to equipmentzone For This Useful Post:
cdaidaho (February 9th, 2017)
Old February 9th, 2017 Feb 9, 2017 2:12:01 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by equipmentzone
You can use a steamer.

However, you should check your pretreating method and amount because your prints with the F2000 should feel fairly soft.

_
Ya, that's what I'm hearing I'm going to try the Epson pre-treat. I've been told it does well, thinning it out a little bit.

Old February 10th, 2017 Feb 10, 2017 3:19:54 AM -   #4 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Harry
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Thanked 1,068 Times in 915 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdaidaho
Ya, that's what I'm hearing I'm going to try the Epson pre-treat. I've been told it does well, thinning it out a little bit.

The Epson pretreatment gives you a very soft hand. As you noted, being a concentrate, you can dilute it to your needs. The standard mix is 1 to 1, concentrate to water.

_

Old February 10th, 2017 Feb 10, 2017 10:29:36 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by equipmentzone
The Epson pretreatment gives you a very soft hand. As you noted, being a concentrate, you can dilute it to your needs. The standard mix is 1 to 1, concentrate to water.

_
Someone mentioned mixing it 1 to 3 or even 1 to 4 for a soft hand. What would you recommend? Any particular mixture for blends vs cotton?

Andy

Old February 10th, 2017 Feb 10, 2017 1:18:29 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

just put some distilled water in in hand sprayer and spray the pretreat box while the shirt is still hot. normally its dry in a couple of hours and removes the marks. cheap and fast

Old November 18th, 2018 Nov 18, 2018 11:01:38 AM -   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Hello yes the starchy part concerns me a lot I just bought a Epson F2000 and my color are not so vivid and the starchy after effect I don't like .

I am doing all types of laboratory test (LOL) and test bench different shirts types and different pre-treadments to learn and my options

RTP pre-treaded shirts anyone have a opinion ?

also I am editing my images with exaggerated the colors but even do the print is better , I am not achieving the standard that I see on the samples of other machines

This is a discussion about Post Printing Treatment that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in