Help! :( White Ink Not Printing, Eco Wash Not Sucking Solution - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

Help! :( White Ink Not Printing, Eco Wash Not Sucking Solution

Like Tree1Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old November 30th, 2016 Nov 30, 2016 11:00:07 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Danielle
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Help! :( White Ink Not Printing, Eco Wash Not Sucking Solution

Hello!

I purchased my Epson F2000 literally 12 months and 2 weeks ago - so its out of warranty. It was working perfectly two weeks ago but all of a sudden all the White channels aren't printing. Color is 100% clear.

Ive done cleanings, tube washing, replaced the cleaning kit, caps are clean and head seems clean (no lint).

I also just updated the firmware and when I try to do the eco wash it does not suck the cleaning fluid.

What can I do?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 30th, 2016 Nov 30, 2016 2:41:40 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Mark

Default Re: Help! :( White Ink Not Printing, Eco Wash Not Sucking Solution

Either the drain lines from the suction cap are blocked or the holes in the cap a blocked. Clean the cap thoroughly and use one of those small Piksters to clear the holes. This should be done on a regular basis to prevent blockage. It could be a pump failure because nothing surprises me with this machine, but work on the cap first.

If that doesn't resolve the problem being only 2 weeks out of warranty I would like to think the Epson would still look after you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Piksters.jpg (436.7 KB, 98 views)

Old November 30th, 2016 Nov 30, 2016 2:53:19 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Thank you so much I will give the piksters a try!

I called Epson and they tried a manger approval and they denied it.

I also figured out that the white ink channels were not sucking the ink out of the catridge so now I have full cartridges that the printer is saying are empty...

I dont understand how so much can go wrong in a week.

Old November 30th, 2016 Nov 30, 2016 3:03:04 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Wow, I thought that would have come to the party considering the short time since the warranty expired.

Many have had the issue with the printer counting the ink it uses but if its not sucking you end up with full carts that are rendered useless. Nothing you can do other than buy new carts.

If clearing the holes doesn't work you can try putting some cleaning fluid in the cap and letting it sit overnight then have another go at it the next day.

Hope you get it sorted.

Old December 2nd, 2016 Dec 2, 2016 8:52:16 PM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Thank you so much for your help!

All epson was able to do was to overnight me some cleaning cartridges. I tried the piksters and some of my white channels started to come back - one of them perfectly and completely! AND it was sucking the eco wash!

Then fast forward an hour later and it stopped sucking again. I see fluid moving very little in the tubes... something is definitely clogged.... but were onto something! I hope...

Old February 3rd, 2017 Feb 3, 2017 2:38:32 PM -   #6 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Antay

Hi OtafukuPrinting, were you able to resolve the problem? I have the same problem you have.

Thanks!

An Tay

Old February 3rd, 2017 Feb 3, 2017 4:53:43 PM -   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Hi An Tay!

Unfortunately I have not. Ive tried everything from sticking thin guitar string to letting solution sit for hours - although not overnight.

I went to ISS Long beach a few weekends ago and talked to a epson rep who said it could be a under $1000 dollar fix if its just the pump cap assembly kit. Or upto $3000 for a new printhead...

I havent been able to get it seen yet

Old February 4th, 2017 Feb 4, 2017 9:24:18 AM -   #8 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Sorry to hear that your printer still have problem. Mine is still under warranty so I hope that Epson can do something. I will update what is done once I hear back from Epson. Just wondering if you know the cleaning fluid that we use in the maintenance kit can be used for the eco tube wash? Also, do you know if it's wise to still continue printing where I don't need white color?

Thanks!

An Tay

Old February 4th, 2017 Feb 4, 2017 1:42:47 PM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by antay
Sorry to hear that your printer still have problem. Mine is still under warranty so I hope that Epson can do something. I will update what is done once I hear back from Epson. Just wondering if you know the cleaning fluid that we use in the maintenance kit can be used for the eco tube wash? Also, do you know if it's wise to still continue printing where I don't need white color?

Thanks!

An Tay

The two cleaning fluids are different and not interchangeable. Yes you can still print CMYK when your white channels are gone.

Old February 4th, 2017 Feb 4, 2017 2:29:17 PM -   #10 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Thanks Mammath. That's good news for me, I can continue to fulfill my orders since I don't use white. Just curious, is it possible to convert my White version printer to only CMYK? If so, what would be required?

Thanks!

An Tay

Old February 4th, 2017 Feb 4, 2017 2:38:28 PM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

If you use the 'Replace White Ink' function in the maintenance menu that will fill the white lines with cleaning fluid and make the printer a CMYK only printer. If you need to print white in the future you just change it back, (providing you were able to print white previously).

Old February 4th, 2017 Feb 4, 2017 2:47:02 PM -   #12 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Wow, I didn't know this. I have been wasting so much white ink with the old tube wash that I didn't need to. You rock Mammath!! Is there anyway to reset the ink cartridge that my printer thinks it's empty due to the printer not sucking any white ink at all or the cleaning fluid for that matter during the original tub flush function that I perform trying to regain the white channel?

Thanks!

An Tay

Old February 4th, 2017 Feb 4, 2017 3:19:35 PM -   #13 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Harry
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Thanked 1,075 Times in 922 Posts

The white ink tube flush cannot be stopped once started. As noted, if you do not want to print white ink at this time you can just leave cleaning solution cartridges in the 2 white ink slots after the white ink tube flush is finished.

_

Old February 4th, 2017 Feb 4, 2017 4:02:16 PM -   #14 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

equipmentzone, thanks for your reply. My printer is currently having a problem where I execute the tube wash function and it seemingly went through fine without errors. However, it never used a drop of the cleaning fluid cartridge at all and it still full, plus, the white ink was never consumed either eventhough the white ink counter on the printer said it is nearly empty where in fact it still has about 70% of the white ink in the cartridge.

Hence, I was asking the questions whether am I able to continue using the printer for CYMBK only while waiting for Epson support to help me since it is still under warranty.

I was also asking whether to be able to reset the ink counter for the 2 white ink cartridge. It would be a waste of the 2 white cartridges if it still has 70% ink left in them and cannot be used because the printer thinks it's nearly empty. I hope I am making sense.

Thanks!

An Tay

Old February 4th, 2017 Feb 4, 2017 4:02:24 PM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by antay
Wow, I didn't know this. I have been wasting so much white ink with the old tube wash that I didn't need to. You rock Mammath!! Is there anyway to reset the ink cartridge that my printer thinks it's empty due to the printer not sucking any white ink at all or the cleaning fluid for that matter during the original tub flush function that I perform trying to regain the white channel?

Thanks!

An Tay
No chip resetter for the F2000 carts as far as I know. You're still under warranty so Epson should replace the carts that aren't reading correctly due to the machine fault.

I would suggest getting your printer repaired and carts replaced under warranty then switching to CMYK only mode. When you need to print white just change it back. And switch to the Eco Tube Wash.

This is a discussion about Help! :( White Ink Not Printing, Eco Wash Not Sucking Solution that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in