Help! :( White Ink Not Printing, Eco Wash Not Sucking Solution - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

Help! :( White Ink Not Printing, Eco Wash Not Sucking Solution

Like Tree1Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old February 4th, 2017 Feb 4, 2017 8:12:38 PM -   #16 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Harry
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanked 1,075 Times in 922 Posts

Default Re: Help! :( White Ink Not Printing, Eco Wash Not Sucking Solution

If you have a problem with the chip on your ink cartridge not reading correctly you should give Epson Support a call and they will arrange to replace the cartridge for you.

_

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 12th, 2017 Feb 12, 2017 8:55:05 AM -   #17 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Antay
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Hi,

Update to the problem with printer:

Epson responded to the issue with my printer since it is under warranty. I am impress at how they handle the issues. Once I talked to them, they send the parts pretty much overnight and the local technician contacted me to setup a date and time to come by.

First he checked the problem and found that there is a clog in the line where the small ink tube meet the larger tube that runs into the bin. He then proceed to replace the pump assembly. That pretty much clear the clog and I can see the ink is going through the tube.

He then proceed to perform nozzle check and nozzle cleaning but we couldn't recover all the white head. He had to call Epson to give him permission to replace the print head. It was a quick replacement and all is good. Once done, I switch my printer to not using the white ink because I don't have the need to for what I do, which is a blessing for me since I don't have to worry to much about the white ink clogging up again.

I am also happy to know that I don't have to perform any white ink tub washing...yay!!..

Total cost for the parts and labor would have been around $3000 plus/minus if it wasn't under warranty, parts being around $2000 for the print head and $500 for the pump assembly.

About the ink counter reset, the technician told me that there is no way to reset it that he is aware of, but he said I can still use the white cartridge until it's empty with the new firmware. There is a physical indicator that tells the printer that the ink is truly empty. The only thing that you cannot do is the old tube wash or doing a heavy head cleaning since the printer still thinks there is not enough ink.

I hope this help any else that encounter this problem.

Thanks again for helping everyone.

An Tay

The Following User Says Thank You to antay For This Useful Post:
schenk (February 14th, 2017)
Old March 20th, 2017 Mar 20, 2017 10:05:13 AM -   #18 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Danielle

Thank you so much for all your help too!

It turned out to be the same for me but mine wasnt covered. I have a new printhead coming on Wednesday with a technician so hopefully its fast like you say! Total cost was $2180 for the print head and $298 for labor.

One think epson did do was replace my full white ink and cleaning catridges! So that was very nice

Yes finally no more tube washings!

Wish you the best in all your printing!

Old November 25th, 2019 Nov 25, 2019 11:29:33 AM -   #19 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Duke

I've had this happen at least 4 times, costing up to $3500 to fix. Looks like it's clogged and not pumping again. I've never hated a machine more in my life. I'd love to sell this thing, and never buy another epson product.

Old February 1st, 2020 Feb 1, 2020 7:04:37 AM -   #20 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Joe

I have a f2000 printer, I have spent over 6 0000 in 2 years, recently about 4 months back I have no white ink and they assumed the print head is bad, I todl them I had a project printed one day before inwhite and they keep saying the printhead is clogged, the tech find out the pump is bad and it solved the problem. Yesterday I have same problem and I don't have money to pay this people another 2000. I don't know what to do. I am totally broke with this stupid machine. I bought this machine brand new from Equipment zone. Joe

Old 4 Weeks Ago May 1, 2020 10:32:35 AM -   #21 (permalink)
pjm
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

I have the fix for this. It's free.

I had the same problem with my F2000. Tube Wash not sucking any of the fluid. I tried sticking paperclips in the hole. That didn't work. I tried doing a White ink Flush With the
cleaning fluid tanks. That didn't work. And then it cost me 1/3 of my white ink cartridges to fill the lines with ink again.

My F2000 wasn't under warranty either. So, I didn't care if my tinkering around would void the warranty.

I started a tube wash. Almost no fluid movement.There was definitely a clog somewhere. I took off a few panels to see where the tubes go. There's one that connects to a spout
on the black base. I pulled it off. Then I connected a syringe full of tube was fluid to it. I started the tube wash pump and it sucked it all down.

This told me that the clog was above this connection point (toward the suction cap).

So I connected the syringe to a piece of tubing similar in size, filled it with air, and reconnected it to the spout. I pushed down on the plunger, sending air back up through to the
suction cap. There was some pressure at first but then a spray of mist came back up through the suction cap. (I now do this with a gauze on the suction cap)

I did this a few more time, reconnected the tubing I had removed, and ran a tube washing.

It took down all 10ml in about 10 seconds.

I now do this about every 4 weeks in response to poor suction. I think the clogs come from scrubbing the suction cap.

If your're under warranty still, don't do this. It will probably void it.
But if you're not, this has worked great for me and saved me a lot of money in service fees and replacement part.

I can provide pictures or better instruction if you need them.

Old 2 Weeks Ago May 14, 2020 12:20:08 PM -   #22 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

You can call me: Jason

[QUOTE=pjm;4467397]I have the fix for this. It's free.

I had the same problem with my F2000. Tube Wash not sucking any of the fluid. I tried sticking paperclips in the hole. That didn't work. I tried doing a White ink Flush With the
cleaning fluid tanks. That didn't work. And then it cost me 1/3 of my white ink cartridges to fill the lines with ink again.

My F2000 wasn't under warranty either. So, I didn't care if my tinkering around would void the warranty.

I started a tube wash. Almost no fluid movement.There was definitely a clog somewhere. I took off a few panels to see where the tubes go. There's one that connects to a spout
on the black base. I pulled it off. Then I connected a syringe full of tube was fluid to it. I started the tube wash pump and it sucked it all down.

This told me that the clog was above this connection point (toward the suction cap).

So I connected the syringe to a piece of tubing similar in size, filled it with air, and reconnected it to the spout. I pushed down on the plunger, sending air back up through to the
suction cap. There was some pressure at first but then a spray of mist came back up through the suction cap. (I now do this with a gauze on the suction cap)

I did this a few more time, reconnected the tubing I had removed, and ran a tube washing.

It took down all 10ml in about 10 seconds.

I now do this about every 4 weeks in response to poor suction. I think the clogs come from scrubbing the suction cap.

If your're under warranty still, don't do this. It will probably void it.
But if you're not, this has worked great for me and saved me a lot of money in service fees and replacement part.

I can provide pictures or better instruction if you need them.[/QUOTE]
Yes can you please provide detailed steps.. having this same issue.. all colors print fine on nozzle check but none of the whites do at all... have done everything the manual suggests and multiple cleanings and switching back and forth but no change.

This is a discussion about Help! :( White Ink Not Printing, Eco Wash Not Sucking Solution that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in