RIP software vs garment creator - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

RIP software vs garment creator

Like Tree8Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old May 22nd, 2016 May 22, 2016 5:25:30 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Er. Gobinder
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default RIP software vs garment creator

I have just started using digital factory apparel.
The pricing for a print job on garment creator was 89.5(indian currency).
However for the same sizing the price shown on rip software was ?27.8
Is this actually possible?
Does the rip software make such drastic price cuts for inks during printing?

Last edited by gobinder; May 22nd, 2016 at 06:19 AM..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 22nd, 2016 May 22, 2016 3:58:24 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Mark

Default Re: RIP software vs garment creator

A RIP can save you some $$$ in white ink compared to GC but that is a huge difference so I reckon something's not right with the calculation. I would go by what the F2000 Print Log says in terms of ink usage for each print which is the most accurate comparison you can do.

Old May 22nd, 2016 May 22, 2016 7:15:26 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Yes i got that the price is not right here. I for multiply the white ink with 2 for series driver in the rip. The cost is 45.23 in rip and 89 in garment creator.
I had a word with equipment zone. They say u will save atleast 30%. So i think now the numbers are accurate.
Thumbs up to equipment zone for such lovely assistance.

Old May 23rd, 2016 May 23, 2016 6:15:16 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Your findings make no sense mate. Prior to GC having the Use Black Garment feature you could save 30% using a RIP, but these days a RIP saves sweet FA ink but is more about quality of print and ease of use.

Check the print log for an accurate comparison as I mentioned. Better still, post the image and we can all run it to scrutinize and make accountable these incredible savings you rave about. My guess is you're FOS raving about how good DFA and EZ is.

Old May 23rd, 2016 May 23, 2016 7:05:11 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammath
Your findings make no sense mate. Prior to GC having the Use Black Garment feature you could save 30% using a RIP, but these days a RIP saves sweet FA ink but is more about quality of print and ease of use.

Check the print log for an accurate comparison as I mentioned. Better still, post the image and we can all run it to scrutinize and make accountable these incredible savings you rave about. My guess is you're FOS raving about how good DFA and EZ is.
Sir i think you didn't read my second comment. The driver is used for printing was epson series. I forgot to multiply the the white ink with a factor of 2 to get the correct price for 4 white channels.
The price that actually was somewhat
47-48 units on rip software.
Where as on garment creator the price indicated was 89units for same size.

My question was for my fellow f2000 users wether a rip software make such a difference to print costs?

Old May 23rd, 2016 May 23, 2016 7:29:48 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

And sir the "atleast 30% less" thing was said by equipment zone and somehow beleived that cz the costings shown on my rip was way too less as compared on garment creator.
But then i watched the CADlink videos and got to know the correct way to get the costing done on rip.
And now the average price per print seems to be about 37-40% less for black garments. I printed 10-12 designs today.

So my post is just a question wether the claim of "atleast 30% less" is somewhat true or not.
And sir i am really sorry if you felt that i am raving about EZ or any specific rip software.
Its just that after printing about 1000-1200 dark garments on f2000 through garment creator when i got to about the savings of a rip software. I just got too damn excited and just posted on this forum.
Really sorry for any trouble. I ain't advertising anybody here.
I hope i make myself clear.
gatorGRAFIX likes this.

Old May 23rd, 2016 May 23, 2016 8:17:46 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Geno
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

You'll have to excuse Mammath. He seems to think that anytime anyone might like something and then want to compliment the product or the place where they bought it from it's a conspiracy (unless of course it's NeoRIP then he gushes all over the floor and the counter and the walls ).

The 30% savings that EZ told you about (along with others throughout this very forum) can be achieved in a couple of ways. First of all anything that you print on dark with GC at the highest quality is going to double strike your t-shirt with white ink whereas DF (and other 3rd party RIPs I assume) achieve their results using a better single pass of white which saves ink. This alone along with the fact that you can control the white under black % too (GC cannot and CMYK does not stick to pretreatment very well by itself) then a 30% white ink savings sounds very realistic.

You didn't state in your first post what the quality settings that you were using in GC so without more info it is hard to give you a set direct answer on a white ink savings %.

BTW - you have nothing to apologize about and if anyone likes the place where they may have bought something then go right ahead and sing their praises. Don't be bullied into keeping quiet about it. I know that if someone is happy with something I want to know all about it. I do see a lot of happy NeoRIP customers in here too that sing the praises of All American and I think that's great!
Arthustle and gobinder like this.

Last edited by gatorGRAFIX; May 23rd, 2016 at 08:28 AM..

Old May 23rd, 2016 May 23, 2016 11:28:31 AM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorGRAFIX
You'll have to excuse Mammath. He seems to think that anytime anyone might like something and then want to compliment the product or the place where they bought it from it's a conspiracy (unless of course it's NeoRIP then he gushes all over the floor and the counter and the walls ).

The 30% savings that EZ told you about (along with others throughout this very forum) can be achieved in a couple of ways. First of all anything that you print on dark with GC at the highest quality is going to double strike your t-shirt with white ink whereas DF (and other 3rd party RIPs I assume) achieve their results using a better single pass of white which saves ink. This alone along with the fact that you can control the white under black % too (GC cannot and CMYK does not stick to pretreatment very well by itself) then a 30% white ink savings sounds very realistic.

You didn't state in your first post what the quality settings that you were using in GC so without more info it is hard to give you a set direct answer on a white ink savings %.

BTW - you have nothing to apologize about and if anyone likes the place where they may have bought something then go right ahead and sing their praises. Don't be bullied into keeping quiet about it. I know that if someone is happy with something I want to know all about it. I do see a lot of happy NeoRIP customers in here too that sing the praises of All American and I think that's great!

The garment creator settings were
Level 1 cmyk
Level 2 white with a boost of 10%

The settings on my rip were.
1080x1440 single strick white.
And i dont remember the cmyk settings
It was black fast print profile for rip.

I hope i am able to give somewhat good numbers so you can work out the 30% claim.

Well i am just trying to be sure wether there is actually some good saving on prints before investing about 825$ for rip software(725$+100$ for shipment).

The following talk is if 30% claim is about right and true.
As i mentioned i have printed around 1000 black garments. Cz according to the prices of inks in India I could have saved around 1-1.2$ per print. (i used double strike white in garment creater and level 2 cmyk for full one year). That means for full one year i could had saved around 1000-1200$.

Old May 23rd, 2016 May 23, 2016 2:01:22 PM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Let me reiterate for the second time. The only way to accurately see how much ink you're using on a print is to use the the print log on the F2000. Print the same image with GC and with DFA then print out the log from the F2000 to compare ink usage. You will then know the percentage of ink the RIP is saving you. I reckon 30% is a dream especially if your doing a single pass of white in GC which is level 2. Even if you were using level 3 the second pass is only a highlight white for solid white areas and not simply another layer of white over the entire print area.

Old May 24th, 2016 May 24, 2016 8:13:06 AM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Well it is mentioned time and again to check print logs.
So now i have a new question.
How accurate is the rip software cost estimator when the numbers of ink consumption are compared to the numbers in print log?

Old May 24th, 2016 May 24, 2016 4:57:04 PM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobinder
Well it is mentioned time and again to check print logs.
So now i have a new question.
How accurate is the rip software cost estimator when the numbers of ink consumption are compared to the numbers in print log?

Why don't you simply find out that information yourself by running the same image in GC and DFA and checking your print log?

Old May 25th, 2016 May 25, 2016 2:35:40 AM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Wink Re: RIP software vs garment creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobinder
Sir with all due respect. I think we all can be little sensible here not make a mockery of ourselves.
But yes your few words in your posts in this tgread were uncalled for. You seem to be having a lot valuable working knowledge of f2000 and i believe u can be more patient in words when a newbie to this forum asks something. May be the newbie has not read the older threads(which is me).

But still i thank you for the advice on print logs (something i wasn't aware of). Really means a lot.
I'm not too much of a pain in the arse in reality, and I love to help those starting out. Me and Wally Gator have a history and it's good fun for me, and surely for him. Every comic book character has a villin. We all come from different world-continents, and I will never stop being who I am.

Knuckle down mate and start doing your own research.

Old May 25th, 2016 May 25, 2016 8:26:17 AM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorGRAFIX
I was merely defending a noob that you seemed to want to bully for what ever reason.
Thank u for the support. I had a word with personal at belquette on line and i pretty much got the answers to my questions. Seriously... Posting this question here was not really a good idea as there are people here who try be GOD..
Well about the beginner thing... I just happen to be beginner in rip... I have printed around 3000+ tees on f2000 and i have my own online portal.
Its just that i wanted some quick info on rip software before experimenting which i believe is never a bad idea. One should always do a lot of brainstorming before investing and spending ur time and energy for experimenting.
Cheerz mate. It was good to talk you. :muscle:

Old May 26th, 2016 May 26, 2016 2:05:56 AM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

OK, took 30mins out today to put an end to this tomfoolery by doing some actual bloody research and test prints! Here's my results.

Does a RIP save you 30% in ink? That is the question asked by the OP of this thread, and a claim made by many selling RIPs. No matter the brand! I'm using Kothari Print Pro in this research.

I'll be using rag shirts from my dog's bed because quality of print is not the issue in this research, it's a bout the ink usage and how to record it. (Although we will see some Kothari arse-kicking ability...)

Print One.
Spot Colour Vector Design. Transparent Background. Printed from both GC and RIP.

GC Settings: Dark Colour Shirt Standard - White Level 2 plus 50% Density - Base Choke 2 - CMYK Level 3 - 60sec Pause Between Passes.

RIP Settings: Black Garment Production Layout - 60sec Pause Between Passes.

GC Print - TOP
RIP Print - Bottom.

Although you can tell by the prints they are the same size and the print time that these are back-to-back prints, the sizing of the designs is not consistent from the F2000 Print Log which may effect the result of ink usage. Dunno it's weird. But there appears to be no saving at all using a RIP to print this type of spot colour design.

Print Two
Glowing Shrooms. Black Background. Printed from both RIP and GC

GC Settings: Dark Colour Shirt (Use Garment Black) - White Level 2 plus 50% Density - Base Choke 2 - CMYK Level 3 - 60sec Pause Between Passes.

RIP Settings: Black Garment High Res' - 60sec Pause Between Passes.

GC Print Left
Kothari Right

Again, the print size from the print log is inconsistent, but massive savings here from the RIP on this type of design. As a bonus too, this print proves that GC 'Use Garment Black' setting is crap compared to a RIP like Kothari. You still need a RIP to get this type of image right.

I would recommend everyone to do their own research on the subject because from my findings a RIP can most definitely save you more than 30% ink usage on a print, but it can also cost you more with simple spot colour prints. It all depends on the artwork.

I have attached the .png files I used in this test for anyone wanting to run and back up my findings.

Attached Images
File Type: png Wright Fitness Back-02.png (47.5 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Shrooms.jpg (492.1 KB, 34 views)

Old May 26th, 2016 May 26, 2016 2:14:19 AM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammath
OK, took 30mins out today to put an end to this tomfoolery by doing some actual bloody research and test prints! Here's my results.

Does a RIP save you 30% in ink? That is the question asked by the OP of this thread, and a claim made by many selling RIPs. No matter the brand! I'm using Kothari Print Pro in this research.

I'll be using rag shirts from my dog's bed because quality of print is not the issue in this research, it's a bout the ink usage and how to record it. (Although we will see some Kothari arse-kicking ability...)

Print One.
Spot Colour Vector Design. Transparent Background. Printed from both GC and RIP.

GC Settings: Dark Colour Shirt Standard - White Level 2 plus 50% Density - Base Choke 2 - CMYK Level 3 - 60sec Pause Between Passes.

RIP Settings: Black Garment Production Layout - 60sec Pause Between Passes.

GC Print - TOP
RIP Print - Bottom.

Although you can tell by the prints they are the same size and the print time that these are back-to-back prints, the sizing of the designs is not consistent from the F2000 Print Log which may effect the result of ink usage. Dunno it's weird. But there appears to be no saving at all using a RIP to print this type of spot colour design.

Print Two
Glowing Shrooms. Black Background. Printed from both RIP and GC

GC Settings: Dark Colour Shirt (Use Garment Black) - White Level 2 plus 50% Density - Base Choke 2 - CMYK Level 3 - 60sec Pause Between Passes.

RIP Settings: Black Garment High Res' - 60sec Pause Between Passes.

Again, the print size from the print log is inconsistent, but massive savings here from the RIP on this type of design. As a bonus too, this print proves that GC 'Use Garment Black' setting is crap compared to a RIP like Kothari. You still need a RIP to get this type of image right.

I would recommend everyone to do their own research on the subject because from my findings a RIP can most definitely save you more than 30% ink usage on a print, but it can also cost you more with simple spot colour prints. It all depends on the artwork.

I have attached the .png files I used in this test for anyone wanting to run and back up my findings.

Brother looks like for graphics on black garments....Rip definitely saves some money. Even if the claim is 30%....i think average savings can be around 20%. Which i believe is quite a handful.
So the savings will change according to print jobs.
Cheerz mate.
And an awesome job.
Thank you.

This is a discussion about RIP software vs garment creator that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in