Gator Grafix's Epson F2000 + Garment Creator w/Knockout Black - T-Shirt Forums
 

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?





Site Navigation








+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.



Gator Grafix's Epson F2000 + Garment Creator w/Knockout Black

Like Tree51Likes

 
Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old March 16th, 2016 Mar 16, 2016 10:09:47 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
T-Shirt Mogul


gatorGRAFIX's Avatar
 
You can call me: Geno
Member Since: Mar 2015
Location: Canton, Mississippi
Posts: 1,357
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 80
Thanked 191 Times in 163 Posts


Default Epson F2000 + Garment Creator w/Knockout Black

Printed this today. I have an order of 50 of them due for tomorrow.

The GC with the knockout black works awesome. No need for you new F2000 owners to buy an aftermarket RIP anymore.

This was printed on a Black Gildan Ultra 2000 t-shirt, my personal favorite.

JoshPhagan and markjw like this.

Last edited by gatorGRAFIX; March 16th, 2016 at 10:16 AM..
 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old March 16th, 2016 Mar 16, 2016 12:34:43 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

chasser70's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2015
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 3
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts


Default Re: Epson F2000 + Garment Creator w/Knockout Black

Nice! Can you share the GC settings you used?
gatorGRAFIX likes this.
 
Old March 16th, 2016 Mar 16, 2016 12:46:43 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

COPEM CUSTOMS's Avatar
 
You can call me: Maya
Member Since: Apr 2015
Posts: 113
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 5
Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts


Default Re: Epson F2000 + Garment Creator w/Knockout Black

Great print! I am also SO IN LOVE with this new feature! You can especially see the difference and improvements in the white ink base - so much more detail and hardly need to do any tweaking on any of other settings at all to make the final prints look awesome! Thank goodness I hadn't splurged on a RIP yet because I feel this works even better then the demo I had tested. EXTREMELY HAPPY!
gatorGRAFIX likes this.
__________________
Maya
 
 
Old March 16th, 2016 Mar 16, 2016 12:53:10 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
T-Shirt Mogul
Thread Starter


gatorGRAFIX's Avatar
 
You can call me: Geno
Member Since: Mar 2015
Location: Canton, Mississippi
Posts: 1,357
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 80
Thanked 191 Times in 163 Posts


Default Re: Gator Grafix's Epson F2000 + Garment Creator w/Knockout Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasser70
Nice! Can you share the GC settings you used?
Sure thing.

ebeneby likes this.
 
The Following User Says Thank You to gatorGRAFIX For This Useful Post:
chasser70 (March 16th, 2016)
Old March 16th, 2016 Mar 16, 2016 2:05:20 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Arthustle's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2013
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 22
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


Default Re: Epson F2000 + Garment Creator w/Knockout Black

Looks awesome, how much did the print cost you? Do you need extra pretreat on ultra cotton tee?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Old March 16th, 2016 Mar 16, 2016 3:28:08 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Mammath's Avatar
 
You can call me: Mark
Member Since: Jul 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 843
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 46
Thanked 212 Times in 167 Posts


Default Re: Gator Grafix's Epson F2000 + Garment Creator w/Knockout Black

We did some extensive testing on the new GC 'Use Garment Black' feature in the FB F2000 users group. It works OK as long as you don't compare it with the same image printed from a RIP. On other images it fails miserably like this one.



It's certainly not as refined as the way a RIP like Kothari/NeoRIP removes black backgrounds from images.

Also there are more advantages to owning a RIP than just removing black backgrounds. A RIP gives you complete control over each pass, ((White and CMYK). You can increase the white level to print bold whites in one pass, and you can print each layer individually etc.

I don't see GC replacing the need for a RIP anytime soon.
 
Old March 16th, 2016 Mar 16, 2016 8:22:27 PM -   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
T-Shirt Mogul
Thread Starter


gatorGRAFIX's Avatar
 
You can call me: Geno
Member Since: Mar 2015
Location: Canton, Mississippi
Posts: 1,357
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 80
Thanked 191 Times in 163 Posts


Default Re: Gator Grafix's Epson F2000 + Garment Creator w/Knockout Black

I totally, totally disagree. That may have been the results with your testing but my results have been amazing. GC is also SOOOOOO easy to work with too. A certain plus for any F2000 owner. Also think of the coin that is saved too (over $1,000 for NeoRIP from what I hear).

If you know anything about Photoshop manipulation (where my artwork starts anyway) you can get absolutely great results in GC now.

Oh wait, I forgot. Your past claim is that you don't have time to work in Photoshop. Can't help you on that one matey.

You DO have a lot of control with the white and the colors in GC if you just know what you are doing. It's easy. Experimentation (like when you first got your F2000 too I am sure) is the key. Take notes on what you like and don't like.

If your GC is on a computer connected to your F2000 (Mac laptop for me all equipped with GC, Photoshop and Illustrator) you can make quick adjustments on the fly. Simple, simple.

Your artist needs to think with a DTG mindset and everything will fall into place. If you don't know how to use GC or just don't like it then that is your choice. I am sticking with it. The more we all use it, the better we will get with it, no doubt. Remember folks, practice makes perfect and the F2000 is no different.

I choose not to just sit on my butt and stick with the status quo. I like to experiment and get better.

...of course, I should have expected that you'd try and pollute this thread. Pretty much the norm with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthustle
Looks awesome, how much did the print cost you? Do you need extra pretreat on ultra cotton tee?
Even double striking the white the ink cost was not bad at all. I charged $20.00 ea. for a front only print too. Gildan t-shirt came in at $1.81 ea. with Free Shipping.


Last edited by gatorGRAFIX; March 16th, 2016 at 09:15 PM..
 
Old March 16th, 2016 Mar 16, 2016 8:44:50 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Mammath's Avatar
 
You can call me: Mark
Member Since: Jul 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 843
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 46
Thanked 212 Times in 167 Posts


Default Re: Gator Grafix's Epson F2000 + Garment Creator w/Knockout Black

My God you sound like an Epson salesperson.

I was not the only one from the group who used GC to print this image and we all got the same result. The NeoRIP/Kothari print was a simple drop/rip/print from a standard Kothari layout. I don't need to mess around in Ps to make this image work because Kothari does it all perfectly the first time saving heaps of time.

Why are you suddenly singing the praises of Garment creator? You bought Cadlink DFA and used to praise the hell out of that, now your telling everyone how good GC is and not to buy a RIP. Weird.
 
Old March 16th, 2016 Mar 16, 2016 9:17:44 PM -   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
T-Shirt Mogul
Thread Starter


gatorGRAFIX's Avatar
 
You can call me: Geno
Member Since: Mar 2015
Location: Canton, Mississippi
Posts: 1,357
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 80
Thanked 191 Times in 163 Posts


Default Re: Gator Grafix's Epson F2000 + Garment Creator w/Knockout Black

Nope. Just a local printer. Screenprinting and vinyl like I have done for many years. Now DTG too obviously.

I like CadLink a lot too but this GC is like a new toy now and very easy to use. I also want to see how other F2000 owners get to like it. Save your money for a while folks. If you find you don't think GC is all that, drop $1,000 to $1,500 on an aftermarket RIP. That's your call.

Since when do you care what RIP I am using? I have never said anything bad about CadLink at all. I am lucky enough to have both I would say. Beside I probably spent less than half for my DF than you did your NeoRIP anyway. LOL!

I don't spend a "heap of time" in PS myself because for my needs I know what I am doing. Maybe you should visit YouTube once in a while and try to improve a bit. Just a thought.

I'll say it agin. If you don't like GC simply don't use it. Why don't you let other F2000 make up their own minds? Especially when the GC program comes with the printer at NO EXTRA CHARGE!

Dude (or mate I guess) hating on everything every day doesn't make you look cool or envied. It just makes you look grouchy and cranky. I liked the old Mammath better who used to post awesome prints and give great F2000 tips. I am sad to see you so angry all the time, seriously.
Arthustle likes this.

Last edited by gatorGRAFIX; March 16th, 2016 at 09:32 PM..
 
Old March 16th, 2016 Mar 16, 2016 10:12:41 PM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Mammath's Avatar
 
You can call me: Mark
Member Since: Jul 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 843
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 46
Thanked 212 Times in 167 Posts


Default Re: Gator Grafix's Epson F2000 + Garment Creator w/Knockout Black

I don't know why you persist on labelling me a hater. I spend most of my time these days on the F2000 users FB page helping new owners there. It's more open, friendlier, and responses are quicker. Plus every time I come here it seems like the 'Wally Gator Show' and if you have something critical to say about the F2000 you chime in with your "the Epson is a perfect printer and I don't have any issues" crap. The FB page is much more honest and realistic, and no-one labels another member a hater just because they raise common issues the printer has.

The GC dogs breakfast of a print I posted before didn't require any Ps tweaking to be printed quickly and perfectly with Kothari. You being the ultimate expert in Ps would have to manipulate the image in Ps to make it work printing it with GC. Now given that a new user may have to purchase Ps and then learn how to use it, the cost of a RIP is very inexpensive in comparison. Plus the ROI for Kothari was a few months just in the amount of ink it saved me so it paid for itself in no time.

I still post awesome prints here and try to help other users with useful tips but for me you make this place a real drag to visit.
 
Old March 16th, 2016 Mar 16, 2016 11:00:42 PM -   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
T-Shirt Mogul
Thread Starter


gatorGRAFIX's Avatar
 
You can call me: Geno
Member Since: Mar 2015
Location: Canton, Mississippi
Posts: 1,357
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 80
Thanked 191 Times in 163 Posts


Default Re: Gator Grafix's Epson F2000 + Garment Creator w/Knockout Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammath
I don't know why you persist on labelling me a hater.
Because all you do is cry and piss and moan about ANYTHING F2000. Just go back and read your posts over the last, let say, 4 months or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammath
I spend most of my time these days on the F2000 users FB page helping new owners there. It's more open, friendlier, and responses are quicker. Plus every time I come here it seems like the 'Wally Gator Show' and if you have something critical to say about the F2000 you chime in with your "the Epson is a perfect printer and I don't have any issues" crap. The FB page is much more honest and realistic, and no-one labels another member a hater just because they raise common issues the printer has.
If you like FB so much that's just fine. If you're "Top Boy Scout" on FB then goodie for you. Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back.

I have a right to express my opinions and talk about my F2000 experiences just as much as you do. Not my fault if you tore yours up and mine works fine each and every day. I hate that you are having problems (well, not so much anymore I guess) but belittling me with hateful names and petty insults and such isn't going to help your self imposed Boy Scout image any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammath
The GC dogs breakfast of a print I posted before didn't require any Ps tweaking to be printed quickly and perfectly with Kothari. You being the ultimate expert in Ps would have to manipulate the image in Ps to make it work printing it with GC. Now given that a new user may have to purchase Ps and then learn how to use it, the cost of a RIP is very inexpensive in comparison. Plus the ROI for Kothari was a few months just in the amount of ink it saved me so it paid for itself in no time.
If you were so smart with your money and you print as many t-shirts all day every day as you claim that you do all you would have to have done is to print a couple of jobs to pay for the extended Epson F2000 warranty and you'd maybe have bought yourself some time for Epson to correct what ever issues they may or may not be having with the F2000 but for some reason (ego got in your way maybe) you chose not to do that and now you've doubled down on your pissing and moaning since your machine is now faltering for what ever reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammath
I still post awesome prints here and try to help other users with useful tips but for me you make this place a real drag to visit.
Well who thinks they are an awesome expert now? That's pretty funny.

What you don't seem to understand is that all of your hate speech and insults and name calling that you throw my way truly doesn't bother me at all because I couldn't care less. Matter of fact I find it kind of amusing really.

You wanna stay all tee'ed off all the time, go right ahead. Knock yourself out, professor.
Arthustle likes this.
 
Old March 17th, 2016 Mar 17, 2016 12:10:04 AM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Mammath's Avatar
 
You can call me: Mark
Member Since: Jul 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 843
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 46
Thanked 212 Times in 167 Posts


Default Re: Gator Grafix's Epson F2000 + Garment Creator w/Knockout Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorGRAFIX
Because all you do is cry and piss and moan about ANYTHING F2000. Just go back and read your posts over the last, let say, 4 months or so.

If you like FB so much that's just fine. If you're "Top Boy Scout" on FB then goodie for you. Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back.

I have a right to express my opinions and talk about my F2000 experiences just as much as you do. Not my fault if you tore yours up and mine works fine each and every day. I hate that you are having problems (well, not so much anymore I guess) but belittling me with hateful names and petty insults and such isn't going to help your self imposed Boy Scout image any.

If you were so smart with your money and you print as many t-shirts all day every day as you claim that you do all you would have to have done is to print a couple of jobs to pay for the extended Epson F2000 warranty and you'd maybe have bought yourself some time for Epson to correct what ever issues they may or may not be having with the F2000 but for some reason (ego got in your way maybe) you chose not to do that and now you've doubled down on your pissing and moaning since your machine is now faltering for what ever reason.

Well who thinks they are an awesome expert now? That's pretty funny.

What you don't seem to understand is that all of your hate speech and insults and name calling that you throw my way truly doesn't bother me at all because I couldn't care less. Matter of fact I find it kind of amusing really.

You wanna stay all tee'ed off all the time, go right ahead. Knock yourself out, professor.



Wow, what a rant! You mentioned my awesome prints in your previous post and I enjoy the term which is why I used it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorGRAFIX
I liked the old Mammath better who used to post awesome prints and give great F2000 tips. I am sad to see you so angry all the time, seriously.

If you were sincerely interested in how the F2000 works and wanted to help F2000 owners to better understand the machine you wouldn't continue to fork out thousands of dollars so Epson can continue to throw parts at it without diagnosing when it fails. I have chosen to not extend the warranty to better understand the my equipment. I like to use the term 'pioneer' because I'm going before many that will be in this situation very soon. This is something I do not expect you to understand/grasp.

I don't have an issue spending $3K to fix the F2000 when it drops the white channels again. (Not if, when). Because that's what an extended 1yr warranty will cost me anyway. What I will learn though is the actual 'cause' because I'm interested in what I'm buying to fix the printer. Maybe the head isn't the issue and it's just dampers that need replacing? It's a calculated decision by me not continuing to extend the warranty given the F2000's common fault of losing white channels. It's not about money, it's about gaining a better understanding.

The F2000 Cyan channel is definitely something I didn't expect to give me problems. But unfortunately it is another issue and is currently being looked into for me by Epson. It's not uncommon among frequent users. And this most recent head took 8 months to fail on the Cyan yet new ones are failing within a week. But Epson do look after owners like me because they understand I'm not hating, I'm just being thorough.

The auto-clean issue has been addressed by Epson, and their response was lame at best. They know that.

The F2000 could be a great printer, I'm critical of it's short comings in order to improve it. If everyone just said this printer is faultless and I never have an issue with then you would need to be living in LALA land to make sense of that nonsense. How else does one improve a product other than listening to it's customers, good and bad?

As for everything else you said I don't give a ****.


.

Last edited by Mammath; March 17th, 2016 at 05:31 PM..
 
Old March 17th, 2016 Mar 17, 2016 8:03:48 AM -   #13 (permalink)
Senior Member
T-Shirt Mogul
Thread Starter


gatorGRAFIX's Avatar
 
You can call me: Geno
Member Since: Mar 2015
Location: Canton, Mississippi
Posts: 1,357
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 80
Thanked 191 Times in 163 Posts


Default Re: Gator Grafix's Epson F2000 + Garment Creator w/Knockout Black

Blah blah blah.

Just the same-o same-o Whooly reteric. Kinda preachy.

Z-Z-Z-Z-Z-Z-Z-Z-Z-Z
Arthustle likes this.
 
Old March 17th, 2016 Mar 17, 2016 9:08:15 AM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Amelion's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2015
Posts: 118
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 3
Thanked 16 Times in 13 Posts


Default Re: Gator Grafix's Epson F2000 + Garment Creator w/Knockout Black

Big improvement for the GC, but is still far away from cadlink and neorip (I can speak only of these two, because I tested a lot the cadlink and then bought the kothari neorip).
In any case before this version GC was impossible to use for work on dark garments, now is at least possible thinking to do it.
 
Old March 17th, 2016 Mar 17, 2016 12:07:14 PM -   #15 (permalink)
Senior Member
T-Shirt Mogul
Thread Starter


gatorGRAFIX's Avatar
 
You can call me: Geno
Member Since: Mar 2015
Location: Canton, Mississippi
Posts: 1,357
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 80
Thanked 191 Times in 163 Posts


Default Re: Epson F2000 + Garment Creator w/Knockout Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthustle
Do you need extra pretreat on ultra cotton tee?
On my EZ SpeedTreater I have the speed dial set at 30 using Image Ultra Dark.
 






This is a discussion about Gator Grafix's Epson F2000 + Garment Creator w/Knockout Black that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.


Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)
.

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GREAT BRITAIN - UK For Sale - Epson SureColor F2000 Direct To Garment (DTG) Printer Artprint United Kingdom 5 February 18th, 2017 01:33 PM
Garment Creator v1.30 with Knock Out Black gatorGRAFIX Epson SureColor DTG Printers 21 February 19th, 2016 06:09 AM
Black T-Shirt Digital Factory Print - Video Epson F2000 gatorGRAFIX Epson SureColor DTG Printers 31 November 3rd, 2015 09:11 PM
printing black t shirts on epson f2000 smithy69 Epson SureColor DTG Printers 9 September 17th, 2015 06:22 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2014 T-ShirtForums.com. All rights reserved.