Gator Grafix's Epson F2000 + Garment Creator w/Knockout Black - Page 4 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

Gator Grafix's Epson F2000 + Garment Creator w/Knockout Black

Like Tree51Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old March 20th, 2016 Mar 20, 2016 2:49:02 PM -   #46 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Dan
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Gator Grafix's Epson F2000 + Garment Creator w/Knockout Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Walker

You and Mammoth CLEARLY have a vendetta against each other, and it is so tiring to hear it go on and on and on and on, but for you to sit here and cry "oh poor me, I did nothing to anyone and you guys are being so mean to me for no reason" is really sad.
Seriously, you guys either need to go to Thunderdome and settle this, or just shut up. Almost Every discussion about anything related to the F2000 ends up with you two going at each other.

I don't know either of you, except for online. Mammath is a very helpful guy on his Facebook group, and Gator seems to kno wwhat he is doing. Leave it at that and lets keep this thing to just helping people out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 20th, 2016 Mar 20, 2016 2:54:26 PM -   #47 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Maya

Default Re: Epson F2000 + Garment Creator w/Knockout Black

Just interested in hearing how many of you are actually basing your opinions on GC based on the NEW VERSION that just released/updated beginning of MARCH (THIS month)? That is what I personally am referring to. Hope you all realize that and have actually taken the time to atleast try this new version and it's updated features first before voicing any negative feedback. If you have, then of course your entitled to your own opinion! If you have not then your feedback is completely irrelevant in this particular post has no merit.
Arthustle likes this.

Old March 20th, 2016 Mar 20, 2016 3:16:31 PM -   #48 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Justin
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by COPEM CUSTOMS
Just interested in hearing how many of you are actually basing your opinions on GC based on the NEW VERSION that just released/updated beginning of MARCH (THIS month)? That is what I personally am referring to. Hope you all realize that and have actually taken the time to atleast try this new version and it's updated features first before voicing any negative feedback. If you have, then of course your entitled to your own opinion! If you have not then your feedback is completely irrelevant in this particular post has no merit.
I agree with this to some extent, but it's also important to remember that you can in fact have some feeling for a product or company, even if you are a version behind. Having been watching RIP companies develop their products for around 12 years in DTG, I've noticed that there is a natural progression / development cycle that happens incrementally - rarely have I seen a single product go from "good" to "mind blowing awesome" in one step. Unless the product has been completely and totally overhauled from the ground up, users with experience in earlier versions, while not 100% current, still have a good feel for the company and the product, and how it stacks up.

At the end of the day, it is always worth checking out the latest improvements and adjustments, to ensure the most relevant possible opinions - I just wouldn't completely discount the opinions and experiences of others for being behind one version, unless it is an abnormally massive improvement (this is far from the first time end users have talked about recent updates, so I'm assuming it is another valuable, yet incremental improvement).

Old March 20th, 2016 Mar 20, 2016 3:26:37 PM -   #49 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by danslave

I don't know either of you, except for online. Mammath is a very helpful guy on his Facebook group, and Gator seems to kno wwhat he is doing. Leave it at that and lets keep this thing to just helping people out.

Just to clarify Dan that the Global F2000 User Group on FB is not my group and was not started by me. I am one of a few people who were asked to be a moderator of group. It's a very friendly group with many experienced owners as well as many new owners. No-one from the group is intimidated by others that have more knowledge or are producing better prints, more so, we all learn from each other with the sole purpose of bettering our printing and learning about the F2000 more.

Quote:

Maya, the latest version of GC is v1.3.0. For the Mac it was released early last month, (Feb')

Old March 20th, 2016 Mar 20, 2016 3:28:06 PM -   #50 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

I have used GC daily since day one, and to me the new changes ARE very significant and completely different experience & big improvement than the previous one. New knockout black que and Epson claims it now reduces ink consumption. As a daily full time user I really was VERY impressed and excited about it. Atleast give it a test run so you can see for yourself why I'm saying any opinions voiced without trying that first don't apply here. Big changes

Old March 20th, 2016 Mar 20, 2016 3:55:28 PM -   #51 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammath
Just to clarify Dan that the Global F2000 User Group on FB is not my group and was not started by me. I am one of a few people who were asked to be a moderator of group. It's a very friendly group with many experienced owners as well as many new owners. No-one from the group is intimidated by others that have more knowledge or are producing better prints, more so, we all learn from each other with the sole purpose of bettering our printing and learning about the F2000 more.

Maya, the latest version of GC is v1.3.0. For the Mac it was released early last month, (Feb')
Then the update I did in March must only be for PC for now so then hopefully a MAC version will follow soon, as well.

Old March 20th, 2016 Mar 20, 2016 4:01:22 PM -   #52 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Quote:
Then the update I did in March must only be for PC for now so then hopefully a MAC version will follow soon, as well.
It's the same Maya. v1.30. There is no newer version than 1.30 for Windows and 1.3.0 for Mac.

Old March 20th, 2016 Mar 20, 2016 4:27:47 PM -   #53 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
It's the same Maya. v1.30. There is no newer version than 1.30 for Windows and 1.3.0 for Mac.
Ok, Mark - then they should both have same new updated features. is it not a big improvement to you?

Old March 20th, 2016 Mar 20, 2016 4:48:21 PM -   #54 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Quote:
Ok, Mark - then they should both have same new updated features. is it not a big improvement to you?
I was one of the first to start testing the new 'Use Garment Black' feature from GC. - https://www.t-shirtforums.com/epson-s...s/t645057.html

It's certainly a big improvement over the transparency feature one had to previously use to remove background of an image if restricted to only using GC.

We then started testing it more in depth on the FB group comparing it to prints of the same images from a RIP. One user was excited because he had an image GC just couldn't print previously but was disappointed to find out this new feature still made a mess of the image. A few us also ran the image in the new GC with the same result. (That's the bandito print I posted a few pages ago).

So although it is an improvement over the previous version of GC there are still some images it can't handle like a RIP does. And the images we printed using a RIP also looked much better compared to the GC reproductions. Our final conclusion is it is an improvement but still not equal to the power of a RIP.

Old March 20th, 2016 Mar 20, 2016 5:55:53 PM -   #55 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
I was one of the first to start testing the new 'Use Garment Black' feature from GC. - https://www.t-shirtforums.com/epson-s...s/t645057.html

It's certainly a big improvement over the transparency feature one had to previously use to remove background of an image if restricted to only using GC.

We then started testing it more in depth on the FB group comparing it to prints of the same images from a RIP. One user was excited because he had an image GC just couldn't print previously but was disappointed to find out this new feature still made a mess of the image. A few us also ran the image in the new GC with the same result. (That's the bandito print I posted a few pages ago).

So although it is an improvement over the previous version of GC there are still some images it can't handle like a RIP does. And the images we printed using a RIP also looked much better compared to the GC reproductions. Our final conclusion is it is an improvement but still not equal to the power of a RIP.
I definitely respect your opinion then! I don't necessarily feel the same way, but I do respect it 😉 I noticed others were mentioning their experiences with GC in the PAST, and that would mean they haven't tried the new one yet, or may not even know about it and I wanted to help clarify that.

For me personally, the improvements have helped so much that now I don't feel the desperate urge to run out and purchase an aftermarket RIP like I was anymore. That may not be how everyone feels, and again everyone is certainly entitled to his or her own opinion, I just hope they are forming it after they've actually tried the new upgrades, and not solely based on past experiences with older versions of GC alone. Although GC may not be BETTER than a RIP, if using GC is someone's only option, I think it can now be fairly considered still a very good one whereas before there was no comparison and it was just barely manageable.

I don't believe this post was ever meant to be a GC vs. RIP stand off - just a share about the new feature in GC for those of us that do actually like to use it....Which I see you obviously don't lol 😉

Old March 20th, 2016 Mar 20, 2016 6:52:23 PM -   #56 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Quote:
I don't believe this post was ever meant to be a GC vs. RIP stand off - just a share about the new feature in GC for those of us that do actually like to use it....Which I see you obviously don't lol 😉
When a statement as bold as the one in the opening remarks of this thread is made saying there is no longer a need to buy a RIP because of this new GC feature, well of course that opens the GC v RIP scenario. Plus those that have done the testing and printed the same images from both the new GC and a RIP, will have to say 'hang on a minute', because that statement doesn't necessarily line up with the test results.

This is not knocking GC and it's new feature, or any individual, it's simply saying that there is still a need for a RIP if a user wants to take their printing to the next level. Or in instances where the new GC can't reproduce an image correctly but a RIP can nail it, then a RIP is still a very important tool in the kit box of an F2000 owner. And as I previously said, there's more benefits to owning a RIP than just knocking out black backgrounds.

It's also not that I don't like to use GC, I simply don't 'have' to use GC because I have a RIP. If I didn't have a RIP I would have to be satisfied with the reproductions GC produces, and without having anything to compare those prints with, I would be happy in many instances with what GC can do. I didn't always have a RIP and was able to do some very nice prints with GC, and that was with the old version! I still share many of my GC settings with new users so they get the best out of the software.

Old March 20th, 2016 Mar 20, 2016 10:29:04 PM -   #57 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Geno
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Walker
Wow I had no idea you were such a victim dude, and for the record it's not my responsibility to run in and save you from the big bad bullies - be a grown up for God sake.

Ive watched you be just as insulting and demeaning toward users (including me on several occasions) as you are claiming he is to you, so not only am I a little surprised that you would expect me to jump in on your behalf but I'm also very surprised to hear you go on and on about bullying and how you're such a poor little victim...... Hell, it seems any time someone wants to do a direct print comparison you get incredibly defensive and take personal jabs rather than embracing the comparison - we could make one hell of a compilation post of all the insults and ad hominem attacks you've thrown at people, so quit with the martyr act and grow up.

You and Mammoth CLEARLY have a vendetta against each other, and it is so tiring to hear it go on and on and on and on, but for you to sit here and cry "oh poor me, I did nothing to anyone and you guys are being so mean to me for no reason" is really sad.
What a bunch of bloathiating crap. I never claimed to be a poor victim. You need to calm down a stage or two man, geez! You gonna start crying now?

Old March 20th, 2016 Mar 20, 2016 10:42:21 PM -   #58 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

What a thoughtful and rational response. Lol

Old March 21st, 2016 Mar 21, 2016 9:42:05 PM -   #59 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Geno
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

First smart thing you've said the whole thread.

Old March 22nd, 2016 Mar 22, 2016 1:45:55 PM -   #60 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorGRAFIX
First smart thing you've said the whole thread.
Keep going - you're doing a great job showing the world how professional you are.... Makes it harder to whine about being ganged up on down the road, when you act like such a child now.

This is a discussion about Gator Grafix's Epson F2000 + Garment Creator w/Knockout Black that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in