Gator Grafix's Epson F2000 + Garment Creator w/Knockout Black - Page 3 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

Gator Grafix's Epson F2000 + Garment Creator w/Knockout Black

Like Tree51Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old March 18th, 2016 Mar 18, 2016 1:09:24 PM -   #31 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Geno
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Gator Grafix's Epson F2000 + Garment Creator w/Knockout Black

I seem to remember Ayman (at CadLink) giving me 3 or 4 updates for DF over the last couple of months. I am pretty sure you can update it right in the software.

He had control of my laptop when we were experimenting with different settings and things when he updated mine.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 18th, 2016 Mar 18, 2016 4:23:03 PM -   #32 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Greg
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

We used both GC and Cadlink from the beginning. GC was just easier to use and worked fine for some things. However, we quit using it about a year ago. The prints were never as good as the rip and we could never get good white coverage. I saw this post and had to update and try it again. We are a Mac shop and I am a Mac guy. That is the biggest thing I hate about the other RIPs. No Mac versions. All I can say is GC will definitely be back in the mix. The black knockout and white coverage are a great improvement. Below is my test. Downloaded a stock photo. Converted it to .png in PS. Nothing else. Used the same setting as Gator in GC. Definitely a usable print. Tried a white only version in GC and got a usable white print as well. We're not planning on using one over the other but we will definitely be using both.

The Following User Says Thank You to MrInky For This Useful Post:
gatorGRAFIX (March 19th, 2016)
Old March 18th, 2016 Mar 18, 2016 5:22:29 PM -   #33 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammath
Actually if you new anything about me you would know that I have spent well over 2 decades screen printing t-shirts than I have using DTG. So many less variables to get right using DTG. As for your unfounded accusation that I receive royalties for mentioning Kothari, no, unlike other RIP manufacturers, Kothari does not offer discounted or free software to in return for users plugging how good the product is.

Dude, I am not bothered whether they pay you or not, you just come across like kothari sales man, I am sure you have made the same comments to plenty of people of sounding like f2000 salesman because they love it so much, Congratulations on having 20 years of experience on screen printing, I don't understand why it's so important for you to tell me about your biography? Anywho I think you should focus your energy on other people you want to help , you're doing great work giving people your time and efforts so they can learn from you, have a great day

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
gatorGRAFIX likes this.

Old March 18th, 2016 Mar 18, 2016 5:55:19 PM -   #34 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthustle
I don't understand why it's so important for you to tell me about your biography?
My biography? Ha! You were the one pretending you know me and you were mistaken with what you said, so just had to correct you. I reckon you're gonna feel right at home here on TSF Dip.

All the best.

Old March 19th, 2016 Mar 19, 2016 2:11:27 AM -   #35 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrInky
We used both GC and Cadlink from the beginning. GC was just easier to use and worked fine for some things. However, we quit using it about a year ago. The prints were never as good as the rip and we could never get good white coverage. I saw this post and had to update and try it again. We are a Mac shop and I am a Mac guy. That is the biggest thing I hate about the other RIPs. No Mac versions. All I can say is GC will definitely be back in the mix. The black knockout and white coverage are a great improvement. Below is my test. Downloaded a stock photo. Converted it to .png in PS. Nothing else. Used the same setting as Gator in GC. Definitely a usable print. Tried a white only version in GC and got a usable white print as well. We're not planning on using one over the other but we will definitely be using both.

Greg, I'm a Mac user also, and I despise using Windows for anything. That aside, please supply a link to the stock photo you used for this print because I wanna run it. Link, not file mate.
r81 likes this.

Last edited by Mammath; March 19th, 2016 at 02:19 AM..

Old March 19th, 2016 Mar 19, 2016 8:07:51 AM -   #36 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Greg

Quote:
Greg, I'm a Mac user also, and I despise using Windows for anything. That aside, please supply a link to the stock photo you used for this print because I wanna run it. Link, not file mate.
https://www.dollarphotoclub.com/stoc...tons./84244085

Old March 19th, 2016 Mar 19, 2016 8:17:24 PM -   #37 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Quote:
Dip.
You called him a Dip? Is that what I think it means? Just another person for you to bully and name call in here I guess. Nice one matey.

Wait, don't tell me. You'll next make a NeoRIP print of the engine picture and proceed to tell MrInky how inferior his print is and inferior he is for even posting such trash.

I think is print is awesome. Job well done MrInky.

Old March 19th, 2016 Mar 19, 2016 9:25:25 PM -   #38 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Justin
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorGRAFIX
You called him a Dip? Is that what I think it means? Just another person for you to bully and name call in here I guess. Nice one matey.
Slow down Turbo - if it's who I think it is, the guy's name is Dip.

Old March 19th, 2016 Mar 19, 2016 10:01:56 PM -   #39 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Wait, don't tell me. You'll next make a NeoRIP print of the engine picture and proceed to tell MrInky how inferior his print is and inferior he is for even posting such trash.

There's nothing personal about doing direct print comparisons between different products - it's actually an integral part of the unbiased evaluation process. It is also the appropriate response when the claim is made that product A is better than product B - why not actually find out rather than slinging ad hominem attacks and rhetoric back and forth (which is what most of these "conversations" wind up devolving into).

I understand that everyone has different things they are looking for and different criteria which matter to them - I also believe we should be able to be supportive and complimentary toward our peers in this industry. However, being critical of print quality (in a non demeaning way) is perfectly acceptable - no need to always see it as an "attack".

Not everyone is looking for the RIP that produces the absolute best print quality - but for those who are, these types of discussions and comparisons can be incredibly helpful..... I think a lot of people get turned off quickly, however, when things break down into petty back-and-forth personal slams.

Old March 20th, 2016 Mar 20, 2016 1:45:55 AM -   #40 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:

Lol,
Don't worry that's my real name, he knows me from the f2000 group, he wasn't too happy me supporting you so I am kicked out of that group, he felt attacked so I apologised to him, I don't like being a bully

Old March 20th, 2016 Mar 20, 2016 10:01:32 AM -   #41 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthustle
Lol,
he wasn't too happy me supporting you so I am kicked out of that group
That doesn't surprise me. If you don't agree with him than you are the enemy.

I don't have a problem at all with people that don't agree with me or like what I like.

What I do have a problem with is when anyone wants to slam what I like or say across the board. If you say that Garment Creator sucks a$$ and I might have earlier said that I like GC a lot and use it often (just an example) then I am going to take it personally and strike back, no matter what.

If you do the same thing and suggest that maybe GC didn't work for you and that you didn't like it at all and if maybe it works for me and more power to you, I don't have a problem with that way of thinking period.

If you are like my matey Mammoth, and a couple of his blind following ponies that want to call me (and others) names and slam pretty much everything that I do in here as fact just because he might have a had different results than have had I think that's just plain crappy.

So if you guys wanna be disrespectful and name call and piss and moan then that's just fine but remember one thing, it opens the door for me to say the same outlandish things in return if I feel the need. What's fair for one is fair for all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Walker
There's nothing personal about doing direct print comparisons between different products - it's actually an integral part of the unbiased evaluation process. It is also the appropriate response when the claim is made that product A is better than product B - why not actually find out rather than slinging ad hominem attacks and rhetoric back and forth (which is what most of these "conversations" wind up devolving into).
I couldn't agree more.

Quote:
I understand that everyone has different things they are looking for and different criteria which matter to them - I also believe we should be able to be supportive and complimentary toward our peers in this industry. However, being critical of print quality (in a non demeaning way) is perfectly acceptable - no need to always see it as an "attack".
Funny, where were you and your "fairness" ideas when I got called various ugly vulgar words (a couple of them I could not repeat in here) by some "fan down under" and slammed repeatedly for what I posted? I'll tell you, you and your white horse were NO WHERE to be found, that's where. So your little noble uprising now doesn't hold water.

Now Mammoth and his little "followers" want to try and beat down Arthustle into submission where as he has to start apologizing for some of his opinions? Now I find that just absurd. I never hear Mammoth or any of you other bullies apologizing to anyone. Ever!

Quote:
Not everyone is looking for the RIP that produces the absolute best print quality - but for those who are, these types of discussions and comparisons can be incredibly helpful..... I think a lot of people get turned off quickly, however, when things break down into petty back-and-forth personal slams.
Yeah I agree with that also but when I think that someone is disrespecting me they are going to hear about it and I expect nothing but the same in reverse. In the beginning I never started this stuff, only defended myself. Now, it's all just a blur where that may lay but I'm not gonna get bullied around for posting about my F2000 experience and trying to help others just because maybe you and a couple others don't agree with what I have to say. You guys want to be respectful, than I can be respectful back but over the last say 6 or 8 months I haven't seen it.

Last edited by gatorGRAFIX; March 20th, 2016 at 10:13 AM..

The Following User Says Thank You to gatorGRAFIX For This Useful Post:
Arthustle (March 20th, 2016)
Old March 20th, 2016 Mar 20, 2016 1:08:39 PM -   #42 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Quote:

You're a real piece of work. His actual name is Dip so I was referring to him by his first name. Good luck pulling your foot from your mouth. You really do make this forum an unpleasant place to visit.

And Dip was removed from the FB group for bashing other members on this forum which will not be tolerated.

Old March 20th, 2016 Mar 20, 2016 1:13:17 PM -   #43 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
You're a real piece of work. His actual name is Dip so I was referring to him by his first name. You really do make this forum an unpleasant place to visit.

On a serious note let's just be matured and stop silliness, don't want to play s blame game , I miss reading about the awesome new techniques , I only got into DTG, because of this forum, I like gators and yours work too, let's keep it civilised now , stop digging at each other ,

Old March 20th, 2016 Mar 20, 2016 2:23:52 PM -   #44 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Funny, where were you and your "fairness" ideas when I got called various ugly vulgar words (a couple of them I could not repeat in here) by some "fan down under" and slammed repeatedly for what I posted? I'll tell you, you and your white horse were NO WHERE to be found, that's where. So your little noble uprising now doesn't hold water.
Wow I had no idea you were such a victim dude, and for the record it's not my responsibility to run in and save you from the big bad bullies - be a grown up for God sake.

Ive watched you be just as insulting and demeaning toward users (including me on several occasions) as you are claiming he is to you, so not only am I a little surprised that you would expect me to jump in on your behalf but I'm also very surprised to hear you go on and on about bullying and how you're such a poor little victim...... Hell, it seems any time someone wants to do a direct print comparison you get incredibly defensive and take personal jabs rather than embracing the comparison - we could make one hell of a compilation post of all the insults and ad hominem attacks you've thrown at people, so quit with the martyr act and grow up.

You and Mammoth CLEARLY have a vendetta against each other, and it is so tiring to hear it go on and on and on and on, but for you to sit here and cry "oh poor me, I did nothing to anyone and you guys are being so mean to me for no reason" is really sad.

The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Walker For This Useful Post:
danslave (March 20th, 2016)
Old March 20th, 2016 Mar 20, 2016 2:24:47 PM -   #45 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Shep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

We got in dig with a Netflix. We got out. We are contract work, and just could not make it work for us financially. Now looking at kornits. But we wanted a rip to not have art department put time in on the dig runs. Neorip did that in spades. So rips are good for those who do not want to add art labor to the job cost. Those that twiddle art can do so.

This is a discussion about Gator Grafix's Epson F2000 + Garment Creator w/Knockout Black that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in