Cyan is all messed up! - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

Cyan is all messed up!

Like Tree14Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old January 18th, 2016 Jan 18, 2016 8:54:36 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Mark
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Cyan is all messed up!

My morning nozzle check revealed this messed up looking Cyan. No problems yesterday. Multiple cleanings hasn't improved it.

Anyone ever had this happen? Any ideas on how to fix it?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 19th, 2016 Jan 19, 2016 4:41:42 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: James

Default Re: Cyan is all messed up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammath
My morning nozzle check revealed this messed up looking Cyan. No problems yesterday. Multiple cleanings hasn't improved it.

Anyone ever had this happen? Any ideas on how to fix it?

I had this exact same thing happen all I do is wash out the cleaning pad and clean around the head so nothing gets in and then I give it a med clean (sucks, I know) It clears it up a bit and I print a few shirts (Doesn't really seem to effect print quality that I can tell any ways, and I print a ton of navy on shirts) After a few prints it's right as rain again if it isn't I will give it another med clean. And I also check the alignment on the machine

Old January 19th, 2016 Jan 19, 2016 5:58:58 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Natalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoster32111
I had this exact same thing happen all I do is wash out the cleaning pad and clean around the head so nothing gets in and then I give it a med clean (sucks, I know) It clears it up a bit and I print a few shirts (Doesn't really seem to effect print quality that I can tell any ways, and I print a ton of navy on shirts) After a few prints it's right as rain again if it isn't I will give it another med clean. And I also check the alignment on the machine
Same here. I do an alignment, medium clean and if it's still being an idiot, I do a heavy clean (really sucks, but it clears it). Cyan is the only color I have this issue with. Strike that, I had my yellow randomly drop yesterday at start up, after doing a medium clean, and I had to clean it again at medium to get it back.

Old January 19th, 2016 Jan 19, 2016 6:46:42 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: James

It's kind of funny (or sad really) but after my last post I did my nozzle check and my cyan was messed up I just finished the alignment and a med clean and it's happy again. But I just wanted to say you may have to do the alignment a few times if 1-13 do not look totally solid like it should. Just pick the closest one and do it again you should be able to find the right number then.

Old January 19th, 2016 Jan 19, 2016 7:00:19 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Eric Deem
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I've seen this on our F2000 also - specifically the Cyan too.

Old February 24th, 2016 Feb 24, 2016 9:04:56 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Update:

Well I've been putting up with this issue for a month or so now and no amount of cleaning or aligning rectifies the problem. It certainly does effect the print too, especially Greys, Greens, and Mid Blues. Check out the banding in the print below!

I am aware of some owners that have had this issue and needed the head replaced to fix it. So isn't that what F2000 owners need? Another reason for the head to be replaced! This printer is a dog!

Old February 25th, 2016 Feb 25, 2016 1:10:50 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

I don't sing along with the odd person that thinks the F2000 is a good DTG printer. I use my F2000. I need to bang out tees all day every day... and the F2000 is simply not good at it... It's that simple.

The F2000 certainly has some good qualities, but don't try and tell/sell me on the ease and low maintenance attribute of the F2000. That's lame. The F2000 crumbles even under mediocre production.
cindytees likes this.

Last edited by splathead; February 25th, 2016 at 02:07 PM.. Reason: Removed cursing. Please keep things professional.

Old February 25th, 2016 Feb 25, 2016 2:08:21 PM -   #8 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

splathead's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: Joe
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Thanked 2,502 Times in 2,220 Posts

Bickering posts removed. let's act like adult professionals please.
okprinter likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to splathead For This Useful Post:
Rodney (February 28th, 2016)
Old February 25th, 2016 Feb 25, 2016 2:36:03 PM -   #9 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Boguslaw
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

It looks like nozzle deflection. It usualy happens on regular epson printers when ink particle is to big to go through the nozzle but not as big to block it completly so it kinda bounces of inside causing ink to fire in random directions. With modified DTG back flush usually helps resolve this issue but with epson F2000 you cannot remove the head so ... can't give other advice then call in on your warranty.
Mammath likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to Smalzstein For This Useful Post:
Mammath (February 26th, 2016)
Old February 26th, 2016 Feb 26, 2016 12:48:00 AM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalzstein
It looks like nozzle deflection. It usualy happens on regular epson printers when ink particle is to big to go through the nozzle but not as big to block it completly so it kinda bounces of inside causing ink to fire in random directions. With modified DTG back flush usually helps resolve this issue but with epson F2000 you cannot remove the head so ... can't give other advice then call in on your warranty.
Thank you for that knowledge. What you say makes sense. Also, if a damper isn't doing what it's meant to do, could that produce the same kind of 'crazy'?

Last edited by Mammath; February 26th, 2016 at 11:59 PM..

Old September 6th, 2016 Sep 6, 2016 9:19:04 AM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Natalie

Hello, everyone! I am back with so many cyan issues to share.

Background: I've had my Epson F2000 printer for 1.5 years now and do all required maintenance. I also control the humidity and temperature in my print room. My designs and prints are blue-heavy, so cyan going down/banding kills me.

When I contacted Epson about this cyan banding issue that multiple heavy cleans and head alignments cannot rectify, their solution was to replace the print head. It fixed it and I merrily printed for a few months until it happened again. Solution: New print head. It happened again; new print head.

I JUST had my print head replaced two weeks ago and it went down again yesterday. Heavy cleans won't bring it back and I even replaced my entire cyan cartridge. This will be my 4th print head for cyan--I've done one for white once before.

I am asking Epson for a real solution as I can't keep operating this way. I am fortunate to have the extended warranty and I am forced to buy it again next year, but what happens after year 3? After talking to a technical services manager, they're going to investigate the issue and get back to me with solutions. I hope they have some.

The reason I am sharing this is to encourage you to reach out to Epson if you are having this same cyan issue. If we don't complain, we don't have the data to back up that this is an issue. They know white is an issue; they stated this on the call with me. Cyan didn't appear to be on their radar.

Four print heads for cyan alone this year is ridiculous.
Mammath likes this.

Old September 6th, 2016 Sep 6, 2016 9:58:33 AM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammatical

Background: I've had my Epson F2000 printer for 1.5 years now and do all required maintenance. I also control the humidity and temperature in my print room. My designs and prints are blue-heavy, so cyan going down/banding kills me.

When I contacted Epson about this cyan banding issue that multiple heavy cleans and head alignments cannot rectify, their solution was to replace the print head. It fixed it and I merrily printed for a few months until it happened again. Solution: New print head. It happened again; new print head.

I JUST had my print head replaced two weeks ago and it went down again yesterday. Heavy cleans won't bring it back and I even replaced my entire cyan cartridge. This will be my 4th print head for cyan--I've done one for white once before.

I am asking Epson for a real solution as I can't keep operating this way. I am fortunate to have the extended warranty and I am forced to buy it again next year, but what happens after year 3? After talking to a technical services manager, they're going to investigate the issue and get back to me with solutions. I hope they have some.

The reason I am sharing this is to encourage you to reach out to Epson if you are having this same cyan issue. If we don't complain, we don't have the data to back up that this is an issue. They know white is an issue; they stated this on the call with me. Cyan didn't appear to be on their radar.

Isn't their a cap on the number of heads Epson will replace in a year under their extended warranty?

Old September 7th, 2016 Sep 7, 2016 12:17:40 AM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammatical

Awesome thread resurrection! You're are not alone Natalie and many other owners have, and still are, experiencing issues with the cyan channel.

So far, after my last head change a couple of months ago, the Cyan nozzles have been firing normally, but the unnerving thing is you never know when it's gonna happen. Downtime is a killer for any business owner and so is uncertainty. It's an unusual issue being restricted to one of the CMYK channels.

This issue has gone largely unaddressed by Epson because they're obviously working on other issues... We need to keep Epson busy and on their toes because the F2000 can crank out awesome prints. But that's when it's running...

Old September 7th, 2016 Sep 7, 2016 8:00:44 AM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Geno
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammath
I don't sing along with the odd person that thinks the F2000 is a good DTG printer. I use my F2000. I need to bang out tees all day every day... and the F2000 is simply not good at it... It's that simple.

The F2000 certainly has some good qualities, but don't try and tell/sell me on the ease and low maintenance attribute of the F2000. That's lame. The F2000 crumbles even under mediocre production.
I have looked at this post a couple of times along with a lot of your posts over the past and respectfully (seriously) I just cannot seem to understand why you don't just sell your F2000 if you think it is such a bad DTG. You genuinely seem to get over excited with every negative thing that you have to share with the forum about your DTG. I know that if I hated a piece of machinery that I spent a lot of money on that much it'd be gone, sold and out the door. I just can't get my head around it, just sayin'
Dekzion likes this.

Old September 7th, 2016 Sep 7, 2016 2:59:39 PM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorGRAFIX
I have looked at this post a couple of times along with a lot of your posts over the past and respectfully (seriously) I just cannot seem to understand why you don't just sell your F2000 if you think it is such a bad DTG. You genuinely seem to get over excited with every negative thing that you have to share with the forum about your DTG. I know that if I hated a piece of machinery that I spent a lot of money on that much it'd be gone, sold and out the door. I just can't get my head around it, just sayin'

Because I don't hate the printer. The only person continually saying I hate the printer, ad nauseam, is you! You are in the minority of owners who have had an unbelievable trouble free run with their F2000, the majority of owners have issues, the same issues, over and over again. We would like to see these issues addressed by Epson. Epson are listening to our concerns and creating fixes.

Just because you haven't had an issue with your printer doesn't mean you need to label those that are trying to improve the printer as haters. Give it a rest! I suggest just staying out of threads that raise awareness of the printers issues. Seeing you've never had a problem with your F2000, and you struggle to understand why owners with issues would want to bring them to the attention of Epson to improve the product, these types of threads do not require your input.

This is a discussion about Cyan is all messed up! that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in