Cyan is all messed up! - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

Cyan is all messed up!

Like Tree14Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old September 9th, 2016 Sep 9, 2016 5:44:37 AM -   #16 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Jerry
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Cyan is all messed up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammath
Awesome thread resurrection! You're are not alone Natalie and many other owners have, and still are, experiencing issues with the cyan channel.

So far, after my last head change a couple of months ago, the Cyan nozzles have been firing normally, but the unnerving thing is you never know when it's gonna happen. Downtime is a killer for any business owner and so is uncertainty. It's an unusual issue being restricted to one of the CMYK channels.

This issue has gone largely unaddressed by Epson because they're obviously working on other issues... We need to keep Epson busy and on their toes because the F2000 can crank out awesome prints. But that's when it's running...
Ive been through 3 heads so far due to this issue. Still under original Warranty but thats up this month. Just had a head put on a month ago and the cyan channel is already "deflected" but not as bad as its been.

I'm guessing its just a matter of time until it goes out again.

Waiting for the tech to get here today with my 4th head replacement. Although the Cyan channel is not perfect, this head replacement is due to the dreaded White 3 and 4 coming in and out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 9th, 2016 Sep 9, 2016 5:48:34 AM -   #17 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: ED

yup. i also have a certain epson printer. i can attest to your comment. white is def an issue. and got the same problems with cyan, too. glad i am not alone. and sad that i am not alone at the same time. i ended up replacing that cyan altogether. you may need to look into replacing it.

Old September 9th, 2016 Sep 9, 2016 8:24:45 AM -   #18 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Jerry

Spoke to soon, look what showed up today…

Not to mention I have no White Channels #3 and #4.

Good news is the parts are here…. :roll eyes:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cyan.jpg (853.0 KB, 73 views)

Old September 10th, 2016 Sep 10, 2016 4:32:32 PM -   #19 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixGrafx
Ive been through 3 heads so far due to this issue. Still under original Warranty but thats up this month. Just had a head put on a month ago and the cyan channel is already "deflected" but not as bad as its been.

I'm guessing its just a matter of time until it goes out again.

Waiting for the tech to get here today with my 4th head replacement. Although the Cyan channel is not perfect, this head replacement is due to the dreaded White 3 and 4 coming in and out.

Extending the warranty is an absolute necessity when owning this printer. We all just wonder what happens when that runs out? Can you imagine having to buy 4 new heads per year?

Old September 22nd, 2016 Sep 22, 2016 4:17:59 PM -   #20 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasser70
Isn't their a cap on the number of heads Epson will replace in a year under their extended warranty?
Tomorrow will be my 5th visit for deflected cyan nozzles. I'm a bit worried as I have less than 1 year left in my extended warranty.With the amount of visits i've had in the past year it would be crazy to keep it running after the warranty expires.

Old September 22nd, 2016 Sep 22, 2016 7:54:37 PM -   #21 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Maya

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahhhjota
Tomorrow will be my 5th visit for deflected cyan nozzles. I'm a bit worried as I have less than 1 year left in my extended warranty.With the amount of visits i've had in the past year it would be crazy to keep it running after the warranty expires.
I actually started running into same issue with cyan after the first year of printing. Had a couple of printhead replacements (covered by warranty) in attempts to resolve the issue (along with white channels dropping off that seems to happen with reg wear of daily use), but it kept happening. During my last service call this week, my tech and I started trouble shooting any other possible reasons that could be causing this since after replacing yet another print head it was still happening. He decided to try replacing the PUMP this time and...VOILA - looks like my cyan problem is solved! So far for ME at least we think it did the trick and more - I feel like my printer is actually operating better than ever now (I also just updated GC & firmware after he left so I am stoked about those two big changes too). I've only had to do one light cleaning every morning since and, out of habit really since I'd been having all these issues, I'm still doing nozzle checks several times throughout the day and every single time they all show perfectly solid on all channels every time until next morning. It's a huge relief for me - it's been stressful wasting all that ink on so many cleanings.

My tech was a little confused as to why the pump would cause this problem, but said he was happy it seems replacing it worked because he's had a few other customers with same issue and hadn't been able to figure out why until now. He said he's going to pass this info on to Epson as possible resolution of cyan issue for others. KEEPING FINGERS CROSSED this could be the end of my ongoing cyan issue and multiple daily white head cleanings...I want to keep monitoring first since it's only been a week before I confirm it...but I saw this post and wanted to share my experience and suggest that you ask your tech to try replacing your pump this time to see if this might work for you as well. Hopefully changing the pump is going to work for us all...can't say for sure yet but it's a worth a shot. Good luck! Let me know how it goes I'm curious to see if it works.
idiver and qdinh1977 like this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to COPEM CUSTOMS For This Useful Post:
idiver (September 23rd, 2016), rlassers (November 7th, 2016)
Old September 23rd, 2016 Sep 23, 2016 9:43:35 AM -   #22 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

You can call me: Quinn

This is my first post ever and I'm so glad there seems to be some sort of the solution. We purchased this machine maybe a month ago and we've already called a tech 3x for the cyan issue already! It's very disheartening considering we've barely used it but it only takes a couple days after the tech has left that it will start acting up again. I will definitely bring up the tube replacement solution to this tech guy and see if that will work for us. Really hope this gets solved and so frustrating that anything this expensive should just work (at least in the first month without major issues)!
Thank you for the updates and info.. cuz yes, it's great not to feel alone but also concerning to know it's an ongoing problem that has no real confirmed solution.

Old September 23rd, 2016 Sep 23, 2016 10:02:56 PM -   #23 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by qdinh1977
This is my first post ever and I'm so glad there seems to be some sort of the solution. We purchased this machine maybe a month ago and we've already called a tech 3x for the cyan issue already! It's very disheartening considering we've barely used it but it only takes a couple days after the tech has left that it will start acting up again. I will definitely bring up the tube replacement solution to this tech guy and see if that will work for us. Really hope this gets solved and so frustrating that anything this expensive should just work (at least in the first month without major issues)!
Thank you for the updates and info.. cuz yes, it's great not to feel alone but also concerning to know it's an ongoing problem that has no real confirmed solution.

Unfortunately you're not the first person I've heard of to have this problem with the Cyan within a month of ownership. If you have the extended warranty you have 3 years of safety net while you wait for a solution from Epson. Those of us in our last year of warranty are a little nervous.

Old September 26th, 2016 Sep 26, 2016 3:32:32 PM -   #24 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Robert
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I don't have the Cyan issue that you guys had, I did have an issue with the white channel #4. My tech changed out the CR Duct Assembly and it had been terrific since then. The CR Duct Assembly contains all of the dampers.

It might be that or he mentioned that expired ink might be the culprit. Apparently the Cyan tends to coagulate more than the other inks. Hopes this info helps somebody.

The Following User Says Thank You to rlassers For This Useful Post:
idiver (September 26th, 2016)
Old November 7th, 2016 Nov 7, 2016 9:17:54 AM -   #25 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlassers
I don't have the Cyan issue that you guys had, I did have an issue with the white channel #4. My tech changed out the CR Duct Assembly and it had been terrific since then. The CR Duct Assembly contains all of the dampers.

It might be that or he mentioned that expired ink might be the culprit. Apparently the Cyan tends to coagulate more than the other inks. Hopes this info helps somebody.
Unfortunately the cyan nozzle is not cooperating for the past 3 days. I have tried light clean and a med clean, no luck. Have the tech coming out tomorrow. Have 8 days left on the warrantee and have just purchased another year. I would be in a state of despair if I couldn't reup the warrantee. It would be too expensive to replace on my own. I have posted an image for reference. I will post an update if the tech has any advice, particularly regarding the cyan issue.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4778.JPG (1.48 MB, 41 views)

Old November 7th, 2016 Nov 7, 2016 11:28:49 PM -   #26 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

And the journey continues...

Old November 14th, 2016 Nov 14, 2016 9:25:24 AM -   #27 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: James

Just food for thought. We lost our warranty sometime ago and what I have been doing when confronted with this issue is remove the damper, and run some Distilled water through it to clear up a clog followed by some air to get out most of the water. If that does not work I will flush it with a mixture of windex and distilled water to break up the clogged bits followed by distilled water. Load it all back up and good as new. The way I see it if they won't extend my warranty again I have nothing to lose so why not. I am also up and running a lot quicker than if I waited for a day or so for a tech to show up. Not to mention the cost of the tech coming which is at least $100 to replace a $5 part. Epson would do better if they sold the parts to end users and allowed us to work on them ourselves like almost every other printer company out there.

Old November 16th, 2016 Nov 16, 2016 7:20:14 AM -   #28 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Stuart

Having now read the other posts, I would say don't put much into mine - below dotted line - completely different animal.

On the damper, it should be partially restricted on the intake side - that allows the flexible part of the damper to soak up pressure variations, as the printhead moves from side to side. If you got a partial blockage on the restrictor, that would drop the pressure in the damper and the printhead, which might cause the same symptoms as a failing pump - referred to in above post -
.................................................. .........................

I don't know this printer, but I am using a converted Epson L1800 on a flatbed, printing on to rigid plastics, using ecosolvent ink. Works VERY well - & only took 3 1/2 years to debug! (Mostly, not Epson bugs)

I have found that a drop or two of cleaner (what ink are you using?) onto a microfibre cloth, then rubbing the face of the printhead lightly can help clean it. Also, a small plastic dish with a few drops of cleaner held against the face for 10 - 20 minutes can help clean it - do this first before the cloth.

The damper will either work or it will leak. if it's not leaking (not that I ever heard them doing that) then it is working.

Can you draw ink out of the damper with a syringe? (You may need to cut a small 'V' or two in the tip of the syringe to stop the tip from blocking against the valve in the bottom of the damper) that will ensure good flow -

Good luck,
Stuart.

Last edited by Stuart21; November 17th, 2016 at 12:48 AM.. Reason: new info

Old November 27th, 2016 Nov 27, 2016 8:07:53 PM -   #29 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

And here we go again. Epson really need to sort this issue.

Old November 28th, 2016 Nov 28, 2016 12:47:38 PM -   #30 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Geno

My black nozzle check looked like that last week. I went in and did a re-alignment and now I am back to a perfect nozzle check.

This is a discussion about Cyan is all messed up! that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in