Bad Nozzle Check - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

Bad Nozzle Check

Like Tree6Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old December 28th, 2015 Dec 28, 2015 11:28:54 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Bad Nozzle Check

Hi, I just bought a Epson Surecolor F2000. They come out setup the printer on Friday Dec. 11th 2015. The tech finished up at 4:30pm. When i came back in Monday to print i did my daily routine. Take out white ink shook it then print a nozzle check. My nozzle check came back ever bad. The CYMK ink only printed about 50%. The 4 white channels didn't even print at all. So i did 4 Light head cleanings, 3 Medium cleanings & 5 heavy cleanings. All of the CYMK channels came back but the white still had 8 or 10 bad spot on the nozzle check. So i called into Epson to see what was going on. They told me i shouldn’t have to do all those cleanings. So they sent a Tech out and put in a new maintenance kit the part under the print head that seals off the print head while it’s not being used. The tech finished up that evening around 4:30pm. Came in the next day did the daily routine again. The CMYK was good but all the white channels didn’t even print out anything. Did a lot of head cleanings again to get back the white channels. Called Epson again told them I still have this problem. They told me that a tech would come back out and look at it again. Tech showed up replaced everything this time print head and all. After he finished up and left I wait 3 hours when back to the printer and did a nozzle check. None of the white printed again. I Called Epson again today and waiting for a tech to call me yet again. I then got a voice mail back from the Epson Support Tech I talk to earlier today saying that that is the normal operation of the Epson Surecolor F2000. I called back to talk to him about this. I told him I don’t think that is normal to run 3 or 4 heavy print head cleaning every 3 or 4 hour to use this printer. Now again a Tech is going to call me and come out to look at this again.
Do any of you have to run print head cleaning after 3 or 4 hour of the printer setting there?

I would upload a image of the nozzle check but i can't figure out how.

Last edited by twinstar; December 28th, 2015 at 11:44 AM..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 28th, 2015 Dec 28, 2015 12:23:22 PM -   #2 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jerid
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,122 Times in 788 Posts

Default Re: Bad Nozzle Check

The white nozzles most likely won't print the next day, but a light clean should get it back 100%, if it doesn't, then yes, you will need to contact EPSON. Was this a new printer?

Old December 28th, 2015 Dec 28, 2015 12:55:24 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Mark

Once you've cleaned the white channels and have a perfect nozzle check there should be no reason to clean them again for the rest of the day.

If you're losing the white channels periodically during the course of the day, then that's a supply issue and the problem is probably the dampers. Did they replace the dampers/CR Duct when they fitted the head?

Old December 28th, 2015 Dec 28, 2015 1:06:37 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Every morning i have to run 4-5 cleanings. I start out with light moving to heavy cleaning. Then if the printer sit there 2 hours between jobs i have to run 4-5 cleaning again.
Yes the dumper has been replace along with every thing else some parts twice.
Just got off the phone with Epson Tech that will be coming out again tomorrow and replacing the maintenance assembly kit for the third time.

Old December 28th, 2015 Dec 28, 2015 1:09:23 PM -   #5 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

If this is a brand new printer, I would ask for a replacement, otherwise you may be dealing with this issue for a long time.

Old December 28th, 2015 Dec 28, 2015 11:15:47 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinstar
Every morning i have to run 4-5 cleanings. I start out with light moving to heavy cleaning. Then if the printer sit there 2 hours between jobs i have to run 4-5 cleaning again.
Yes the dumper has been replace along with every thing else some parts twice.
Just got off the phone with Epson Tech that will be coming out again tomorrow and replacing the maintenance assembly kit for the third time.
Replace head cleaning kit? Again? That will solve nothing given your issues...

Old December 29th, 2015 Dec 29, 2015 10:27:09 AM -   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Ok the Epson Support Tech showed up today at 11:00am(cst). Which is out sourced to Decision One. He did a nozzle check and the CMYK channels was all bad. Black had 15 bad nozzles, Yellow only printed about 60%, Cyan had 15 bad nozzles, magenta had 4, and all 4 white channels didn't print at all. I had all the nozzle working good yesterday at 11:00am. So the printer sat for 24 hours to get this bad nozzle check on the CMYKW. The tech install yet another maintenance assembly kit this would be 4 of those that this printer has had in 2 and half weeks. After that he had to run 5 heavy print head cleaning to get all the channels back. I never have a problem with the printer working after i get all the nozzles good. The prints look great. If i let this printer sit for 2 or 3 hours i have to run all those heavy print head cleanings to get the channels back.
If this does not fix it this time i'm going to ask for them to come get this printer. I'm done with it.

Old December 29th, 2015 Dec 29, 2015 11:20:46 AM -   #8 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You should be able to let the printer sit and have 100% nozzle check on all colors, even for days on end. The maintenance kit won't do anything so I'm not sure why they keep replacing that. White will drop out, but a light clean (1 or 2) should always get it back 100%.

Old December 29th, 2015 Dec 29, 2015 6:32:43 PM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Roy

You definitely need to get Epson back out and if they can not fix they should swap out your printer... 90% of the time one light clean and all my white channels come back... And this is letting the printer sit off for 2 and 3 days at a time... In a year have only had to do 3 or 4 med cleans to get channels back.... I hope that Epson is giving you ink since you have done all those cleans.... But what you are doing is not normal for the F2000

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Old December 29th, 2015 Dec 29, 2015 6:43:58 PM -   #10 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

After the tech left i did some printing i need to get out of the way.I finished up at 5:00pm. It has always printed great looking shirts. I hope in the morning that everything is ok. I'll post the news in the morning.

Old December 29th, 2015 Dec 29, 2015 6:47:57 PM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Roy

How is your humidity and temperature in you printer room?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Old December 29th, 2015 Dec 29, 2015 9:46:15 PM -   #12 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

My temp is normally 68 humidity is 60%.

Old December 29th, 2015 Dec 29, 2015 10:21:07 PM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: zerg

For me it looks like there's some leak in the ink-flow system which is causing ink starvation... Try to put some ink on open air and you'll see how fast it dries and becomes gunk (especially white).

Definetely that's not normal.

Old December 30th, 2015 Dec 30, 2015 3:06:46 AM -   #14 (permalink)
Former Member
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Joseph

epson f2000 is good for you

Old December 30th, 2015 Dec 30, 2015 1:05:08 PM -   #15 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

This morning i did a nozzle check and again all the white channels didn't print out. I had to run 3 heavy print head cleanings to recover them. I found out that a heavy print head cleaning cost around $10
I have to run 4-6 heavy cleaning per day it cost me $40-$50 per day to run this printer. That would be $1000 for head cleanings and plus the $120 white tube wash per month. Just $1120 per month to keep this printer working. In the 2 and half week I've had this i had to empty the waste tank already that is a lot of money i had to wash down the drain.

At this point I've called the distributor and had to leave a message for them to come get this printer.

This is a discussion about Bad Nozzle Check that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in