Random Auto Clean Wastage - Page 5 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

Random Auto Clean Wastage

Like Tree65Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old November 22nd, 2015 Nov 22, 2015 4:44:54 AM -   #61 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Random Auto Clean Wastage

So what advice for new buyers looking to buy one, like my one of client needs to have new one

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 22nd, 2015 Nov 22, 2015 8:18:54 AM -   #62 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Maya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammath
Yes that is the way with threads Maya. But you also have fallen foul redirecting this thread with your own unassociated F2000 issues. The F2000 has 'stopped' for many of us... many. It's disappointing, costly, but there's a plethora of threads about the common issues of losing supply to two white channels.

This thread, is focussing on the unnecessarily ink wastage from the 'Random Auto-Cleans' the F2000 initiates for no apparent reason! That's the subject matter, the topic in question!

If we can all endeavour to focus on the topic at hand, that would be good. It's a a lot of ink wastage, and it's stupid!
I agree you're right - I do see that although I started on topic, I also added on extras that were not directly associated because I let my current frustration took over. Sorry about that.
Mammath likes this.

Old November 23rd, 2015 Nov 23, 2015 1:48:28 AM -   #63 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnizitigid
So what advice for new buyers looking to buy one, like my one of client needs to have new one
If you're pumping out awesome prints every few days the F2000 will float your boat. Run it hard every day and it gets stupid...
Grammatical likes this.

Old November 23rd, 2015 Nov 23, 2015 6:30:08 AM -   #64 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Darrell

Wow... I'm just going to say one thing. I am an Epson owner and have no problems. I don't have the problem of all of these random head cleanings; but, as many Epson that are out there (since it is on of the best DTG printers out there in my opinion) with it being a mechanical piece of equipment, there is bound to be a problem every so often. If it were mine, I would get with a dealer - no matter who, and have them help me with Epson to have the issue resolved or to have it exchange for a newer one. From what I've read through all of this, no one else is having a major problem like you are - so it must be the printer, my opinion. Hope everything works out for you.

Old November 23rd, 2015 Nov 23, 2015 9:05:55 AM -   #65 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Geno
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Well, I just finished a 50 shirt run full color front on some black ring spun hoodie t's. Not sure what's up but Friday it did a random clean not 10 minutes after I did the usual head clean nozzle check. Now today I had 15 shirts left to print and with 3 shirts left it did a random clean and not 5 minutes after I printed the last shirt I heard the machine being all noisy and I stepped back into my print room and now doing it's doing another random clean. That sucks.

I don't understand it for sure. I also have a tube wash coming up which kinda hurts too (but, that's just part of it).

Last edited by gatorGRAFIX; November 23rd, 2015 at 10:40 AM..

Old November 23rd, 2015 Nov 23, 2015 12:17:38 PM -   #66 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

I have been advised by Epson that a "random cleaning" will be induced when the print head reaches a temperature that is deemed not to be optimal for the printer. This puts the Epson F2000 into an "engineer" mode where as the white ink will circulate to cool the head but should not be coming out of the waste tubes.

Now I am sure that some of you will scoff at this (seems to be the MO for some around here lately when it comes to the F2000) and that is all fine and dandy but I'll be watching my own waste tubes for myself and make my own determination over the next few weeks.

If what I was told is true then I have no problem with it what so ever.

I will say that today the humidity in my printer room was below 35 (for what ever reason) and I also had my gas heat running because of a cold snap that came through any area yesterday. It was particularly warm in here when I opened up this morning.

I will be buying a humidifier and keeping a closer eye on my room temps from now on.

I have had my machine for maybe 8 months now and I have only ever had a "random clean" maybe twice ever so I will be paying a lot more attention to this from now on too.

Last edited by gatorGRAFIX; November 23rd, 2015 at 12:46 PM..

The Following User Says Thank You to gatorGRAFIX For This Useful Post:
Embosstek (November 23rd, 2015)
Old November 23rd, 2015 Nov 23, 2015 3:44:09 PM -   #67 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmembroidery
If it were mine, I would get with a dealer - no matter who, and have them help me with Epson to have the issue resolved or to have it exchange for a newer one. From what I've read through all of this, no one else is having a major problem like you are - so it must be the printer, my opinion. Hope everything works out for you.
I've been voicing my concerns to my dealer and Epson about this issue for the last 2 months!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorGRAFIX
I have been advised by Epson that a "random cleaning" will be induced when the print head reaches a temperature that is deemed not to be optimal for the printer. This puts the Epson F2000 into an "engineer" mode where as the white ink will circulate to cool the head but should not be coming out of the waste tubes.

Now I am sure that some of you will scoff at this (seems to be the MO for some around here lately when it comes to the F2000) and that is all fine and dandy but I'll be watching my own waste tubes for myself and make my own determination over the next few weeks.

If what I was told is true then I have no problem with it what so ever.

Well I made a video for the FB F2000 group showing the amount of ink this auto clean wastes. It's certainly not just circulating! And bear in mind this is only 30 seconds of this 7 minute clean! And when I get an auto clean first thing in the morning when room temp is 16C, well I'm sure the head hasn't over heated.

https://youtu.be/9LF_uzBLliE

Old November 23rd, 2015 Nov 23, 2015 3:54:31 PM -   #68 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

That may be your results. I'd rather make my own and come to my own conclusions.

Old November 23rd, 2015 Nov 23, 2015 4:07:29 PM -   #69 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Quote:
That may be your results. I'd rather make my own and come to my own conclusions.
Yea, you do that. Always wise to do some research, record results, etc., before posting on a subject.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mammath For This Useful Post:
Embosstek (November 23rd, 2015)
Old November 23rd, 2015 Nov 23, 2015 5:19:51 PM -   #70 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Thank you kindly. I will.

Old November 23rd, 2015 Nov 23, 2015 5:55:01 PM -   #71 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Eric Deem
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

LMAO! @Mark

Old November 24th, 2015 Nov 24, 2015 2:17:33 PM -   #72 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Yeah, so ver-r-r-ry funny.

Hey Mark, if you hate that d*mn machine so much why not do us all a favor and just sell it and buy something else? If I hated my stuff that bad I know that I would.
Arthustle likes this.

Old November 24th, 2015 Nov 24, 2015 2:41:25 PM -   #73 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Quote:
Yeah, so ver-r-r-ry funny.

Hey Mark, if you hate that d*mn machine so much why not do us all a favor and just sell it and buy something else? If I hated my stuff that bad I know that I would.
Hey Geno, why don't you post something constructive about the subject matter of this thread? Shouldn't you be quietly collecting your own data and recording your own findings for a month or so, instead of poking your head in here making unfounded assumptions?

Why assume I hate the machine? I'm critical of this machine senselessly wasting an extra 400ml of ink every month. It's good business sense to monitor consumable wastage because it effects the bottom line. I'm unsure of why you're having trouble understanding my concern on this matter.
marzatplay likes this.

Old November 24th, 2015 Nov 24, 2015 3:00:38 PM -   #74 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Justin
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Why assume I hate the machine? I'm critical of this machine senselessly wasting an extra 400ml of ink every month. It's good business sense to monitor consumable wastage because it effects the bottom line.
Hate the machine? Where does he pull this stuff out of....?

You've done nothing but sing the praises of the machine on here and the FB group, and even when you shared this valuable information about the ink waste, you were careful to qualify your statements by saying you still love the machine - in what fantasy land do you hate it? Haha

Understanding the "dollars and cents" of the business side makes you an excellent business person, not a hater - most rational people consider this useful and education information that you've shared. Keep it up!

Old November 24th, 2015 Nov 24, 2015 3:02:11 PM -   #75 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Quote:
Hey Geno, why don't you post something constructive about the subject matter of this thread? Shouldn't you be quietly collecting your own data and recording your own findings for a month or so, instead of poking your head in here making unfounded assumptions?

Why assume I hate the machine? I'm critical of this machine senselessly wasting an extra 400ml of ink every month. It's good business sense to monitor consumable wastage because it effects the bottom line. I'm unsure of why you're having trouble understanding my concern on this matter.
I have posted plenty constructive about the subject matter. I was just asking a legitimate question. No need to get your feathers ruffled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Walker
Hate the machine? Where does he pull this stuff out of....?

You've done nothing but sing the praises of the machine on here and the FB group, and even when you shared this valuable information about the ink waste, you were careful to qualify your statements by saying you still love the machine - in what fantasy land do you hate it? Haha
That isn't how I have been seeing lately. I am entitled to my opinion just as you are the last time I checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Walker
Understanding the "dollars and cents" of the business side makes you an excellent business person, not a hater - most rational people consider this useful and education information that you've shared. Keep it up!
I didn't say anyone was a "hater" or not an excellent person. Not sure why you are getting all bent out of shape. Maybe you should take a deep breath and calm down a little. Hard to be rational when you are angry and upset.

I was just asking a question that I was wondering about. All I need is an answer, not spewed collective hatred. Jeez...

This is a discussion about Random Auto Clean Wastage that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in