Random Auto Clean Wastage - Page 4 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

Random Auto Clean Wastage

Like Tree65Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old November 20th, 2015 Nov 20, 2015 3:10:38 PM -   #46 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jerid
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanked 1,122 Times in 788 Posts

If someone's firmware is outdated and the sporadic cleans are happening, then updating firmware is a good idea to see if the problem is eliminated. If someone doesn't have the issue and updates and then does, then there is a serious issue with the advice to update arbitrarily.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 20th, 2015 Nov 20, 2015 3:15:55 PM -   #47 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Mark
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Default Re: Random Auto Clean Wastage

Here's a scenario: The firmware I'm running, (CL020F2), is from June this year. If I update to the the latest firmware from August, (CL017F7), and the auto cleans become less frequent then it's worth it. If I update and the frequency of the auto cleans stay the same, I've neither lost nor gained anything. But at the chance of them decreasing by updating to the latest firmware, it would be worth trying. I think that's what Harry was saying.

If the auto cleans stay the same no matter the firmware, (which I think will be the case), then it would prove no matter the firmware, Epson need to make some serious changes.
Embosstek likes this.

Old November 20th, 2015 Nov 20, 2015 3:20:25 PM -   #48 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mammath, you may have been replying when I was. The original advice to update the firmware was a blanket statement. I was trying to clarify that updating would not be the first action I would do. If you are having the problem as you and I have mentioned, updating can't hurt. We are on the same page.

Old November 20th, 2015 Nov 20, 2015 3:24:25 PM -   #49 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Yes I was replying at the same time. You got in before me.

Old November 20th, 2015 Nov 20, 2015 5:20:53 PM -   #50 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Harry
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Thanked 1,075 Times in 922 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeridHill
If someone's firmware is outdated and the sporadic cleans are happening, then updating firmware is a good idea to see if the problem is eliminated. If someone doesn't have the issue and updates and then does, then there is a serious issue with the advice to update arbitrarily.

Do not understand your point here. Mark clearly stated he had his firmware last updated 3 months before the latest current firmware came out. So if he had any issues it was with the previous firmware installed. It was suggested to him to update to the current firmware version. That is the correct advice. Maya also stated she had the previous firmware version installed. Again, the correct advice is to update it.

Been doing this a long time. Very careful when I give suggestions.

_

Old November 20th, 2015 Nov 20, 2015 5:26:00 PM -   #51 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

I don't want to keep going back and forth simply because it can look petty. I'm not that way and I'm not coming at that angle. I believe your suggestion deterred certain aspects of the thread. But in order to clarify, you gave this advice before you knew the firmware version and the very reason I started suggesting otherwise.

See your post here: https://www.t-shirtforums.com/epson-s...ml#post3354073

Old November 20th, 2015 Nov 20, 2015 5:39:04 PM -   #52 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeridHill
I don't want to keep going back and forth simply because it can look petty. I'm not that way and I'm not coming at that angle. I believe your suggestion deterred certain aspects of the thread. But in order to clarify, you gave this advice before you knew the firmware version and the very reason I started suggesting otherwise.

See your post here: https://www.t-shirtforums.com/epson-s...ml#post3354073

I understand your postings here. If you look at the post by Mark right above the one you highlighted of mine you will note he wrote:
"The tech updated the firmware about six months ago when the head and dampers were replaced."
So in answering him to download the latest updated firmware, that came out in August, I was aware that he had the older firmware.
I do hope that explains it for you.

_

Old November 20th, 2015 Nov 20, 2015 5:44:36 PM -   #53 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

I'm not concerned for the Epson printers, I'm concerned for the owners of the Epson printers. If you look at my history, I've helped anyone and everyone regardless of their printer since 2004 and before this forum even existed, but I digress. I'll walk away from this thread simply because it looks petty and childish due to semantics. I came to help and I leave smh....

Old November 20th, 2015 Nov 20, 2015 5:56:06 PM -   #54 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Unfortunately you are now a competing equipment manufacturer selling another printer brand. Right or wrong, fairly or unfairly, that does color any participation here. It would be the the same if an Epson dealer started offering advice about your equipment brand on its subforum.

_
Embosstek likes this.

Old November 20th, 2015 Nov 20, 2015 6:00:42 PM -   #55 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You look at me as a competitor in this thread, whereas all the while, I've been trying to help regardless of what you may think. Can we move on and let it go?

Last edited by Rodney; November 20th, 2015 at 06:26 PM.. Reason: removed accusations

Old November 20th, 2015 Nov 20, 2015 6:23:32 PM -   #56 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by equipmentzone
Unfortunately you are now a competing equipment manufacturer selling another printer brand. Right or wrong, fairly or unfairly, that does color any participation here. It would be the the same if an Epson dealer started offering advice about your equipment brand on its subforum.

I don't think that statement holds much water Harry considering Jerid knows the F2000 better than most and has vast experience with the machine. He has spent countless hours educating users with his training and maintenance videos and giving very helpful advice here in this forum. Just because Epson, (in all their wisdom ) chose to not further their relationship with BelQuette certainly doesn't disqualify Jerid from giving advice here.

Old November 20th, 2015 Nov 20, 2015 6:45:08 PM -   #57 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammath
I don't think that statement holds much water Harry considering Jerid knows the F2000 better than most and has vast experience with the machine. He has spent countless hours educating users with his training and maintenance videos and giving very helpful advice here in this forum. Just because Epson, (in all their wisdom ) chose to not further their relationship with BelQuette certainly doesn't disqualify Jerid from giving advice here.
I have to agree with Mark...I have always found Jerid's information, guidance and feedback very helpful. I have not seen anything but good information and concern for us users on his posts even after the recent change.....So I really appreciate Jerid's information!

Old November 20th, 2015 Nov 20, 2015 8:02:52 PM -   #58 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Maya

Sooooooo....when are we all getting are "we are sorry so here's free ink for life" vouchers from Epson?!
lol
Just trying to lighten the mood cuz it sounds like the thread was turning the wrong way.

I want to share one more thing before I call it a night...I haven't had the the benefit of an official DTG into training due to scheduling conflicts so really my own fault). So for me personally, this forum has been a lifesaver & guardian angel & I honestly would not have made it this far without it. I've spent countless hours daily researching and studying & retreading 100's of posts and my top faves were by Jerid, Harry, Alex Mark Dave & Geno just to name a few - so you have ALL helped me and I'm sure so many others new and potential owners SO MUCH so far without even knowing it! Lol

So if we can maybe skip the personal opinions of each other and business based biased politics, I think we would have a much bigger chance of finding real solutions & relief to problems like these if we work together as a combined unit instead. There's more strength in numbers, right? let's conference call Epson on a daily basis till they agree to do more about this! Haha we gotta try and help each other because no one else will

Old November 21st, 2015 Nov 21, 2015 7:58:10 AM -   #59 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Maya

Update - no white channels again this morning. I've already cleaned around head, in suction cap, and done 2 lights and a medium but am getting NADA zip nothing coming after nozzle checks for my white ink. Now I am down to LESS than a quarter of white ink I JUST purchased. Epson support never even called me back yesterday - which I knew would happen. I have SO much to do and its all getting backed up now because of these issues - and they're ALL NEW CUSTOMER orders Going CRAZY here!! Will try getting ahold of Epson again....

Old November 21st, 2015 Nov 21, 2015 11:50:00 PM -   #60 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by COPEM CUSTOMS
Sooooooo....when are we all getting are "we are sorry so here's free ink for life" vouchers from Epson?!
lol
Just trying to lighten the mood cuz it sounds like the thread was turning the wrong way.
Yes that is the way with threads Maya. But you also have fallen foul redirecting this thread with your own unassociated F2000 issues. The F2000 has 'stopped' for many of us... many. It's disappointing, costly, but there's a plethora of threads about the common issues of losing supply to two white channels.

This thread, is focussing on the unnecessarily ink wastage from the 'Random Auto-Cleans' the F2000 initiates for no apparent reason! That's the subject matter, the topic in question!

If we can all endeavour to focus on the topic at hand, that would be good. It's a a lot of ink wastage, and it's stupid!

Last edited by Mammath; November 22nd, 2015 at 12:05 AM..

This is a discussion about Random Auto Clean Wastage that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in