Random Auto Clean Wastage - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

Random Auto Clean Wastage

Like Tree65Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old November 19th, 2015 Nov 19, 2015 1:31:07 PM -   #16 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Keith
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Random Auto Clean Wastage

As I texted above you can turn off the auto clean. This is very wasteful on ink and is set to be on at set up but can be turned off. The monthly cleaning is required and is good maintenance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOBN...HaU7i&index=30

Video above shows you how to set it to off so you don't waste ink with cleaning that are not required or needed.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 19th, 2015 Nov 19, 2015 1:39:26 PM -   #17 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWork101
As I texted above you can turn off the auto clean. This is very wasteful on ink and is set to be on at set up but can be turned off. The monthly cleaning is required and is good maintenance.

Video above shows you how to set it to off so you don't waste ink with cleaning that are not required or needed.
Keith, like most users I have had the Power On Cleaning turned off since I got the machine. This is not what I'm referring to hence the title of the thread "Random Auto Clean", not Power On Cleaning.

Old November 19th, 2015 Nov 19, 2015 1:40:35 PM -   #18 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Maya

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWork101

Thanks for the info & tip! I couldn't open your link, however I think I know what you're talking about. The auto cleanings I was referring to, and I assume what others in this thread were bringing up as well, are completely random ones the machine is doing on its own. I already turned off the initial auto cleanup on start up setting when I very first purchased the printer. Appreciate you trying to help though!

Old November 19th, 2015 Nov 19, 2015 1:46:38 PM -   #19 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Keith

This must be something my Epson don't do then because I can print 5, 10 or 15 shirts at a time and it don't start doing a random auto cleaning. So I must not understand what happening with yours and I've had my Epson for over a year.

It will pause sometimes between but not so long is doing a head cleaning and waste as much as your saying yours is doing.

Old November 19th, 2015 Nov 19, 2015 2:18:41 PM -   #20 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Maya

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmembroidery
I have read your information and I am not sure if you have used another printer beside the F2000 or not. I have the Epson F2000 and I also have a DTG Summit which uses an Epson 4880 printhead. What you are talking about was one of my main concerns is why I bought the Summit before I bought the Epson. Once I got the Epson I have tracked the ink usage from the Summit and the ink usage from the Epson. With the Summit which is an Epson based machine and having to do 2-3 head cleanings on start up, it does automatic head cleanings throughout the day & having to do 2-3 head cleanings after lunch and head cleanings throughout the rest of the day. Now my measurements are based on how much ink was in my waste ink container. My ink waste with the Summit is much more than the Epson. I run my Epson in a production mode and mine does not do as many automatic head cleanings as yours. I have heard and read that some Epson printers do the tube washing more frequent than every 30 days and all you have to do is call Epson and they have to go in and make an adjustment and it will not do that as often. Maybe you need to have Epson remote in and check the internal settings of your machine. My ink cost has not gone up much since changing to the Epson due to the ability to go in and change the ink density on my white bases but the Epson does give me a much better print than the Summit for almost the same cost. I am very happy with my Epson F2000 on its performance, ink usage, ink waste, and print quality (I do approximately 1800-2500 shirts per month). I have talked to several people that have the Epson F2000 and they are happy with the performance as I. I have been doing DTG for 9 years and have owned 4 different types of printers over the years as technology has advanced. It is my opinion that the Epson F2000 is the best printer on the market today.

Now, I have also found out that the shirt you use, the way you apply your pretreat, and the amount of pretreat you use on your shirt, has a lot to do with the ink usage during the printing that the machine uses. Not for sure what your ink cost is in your country but the ink cost in the USA is how I based mine. I am a very happy and satisfied F2000 owner and do not want to see it get a bad reputation over some possible bad internal settings in the machine. I got my F2000 from Equipment Zone. I am sure if you contacted Equipment Zone they would be more than happy to help you resolve your problem. I know they work closely with Epson and I have read on the Forum they have helped resolved some issues that other dealers was not able to solve.
No I have not used any other DTG, this is my first so I do appreciate your input & experience. I actually did initially suggest that it may be a few faulty machines this is may be happening and also expressed that I do love the F2000's capabilities & POTENTIAL to be GREAT...I am sharing MY own experiences with the unnecessary ink wastage. Not simply the ink being wasted by required maintenance - I was aware of that in the beginning and was already willing to accept that & still think that alone should lower the cost of ink - I am referring to the EXTRA wasted ink from these unnecessary sporadic heavy self cleaning it is doing, from the tube hoses getting clogged, and from the extra tube flush I had to do this month just to get it going again. None of that is "normal" and isn't happening because of lack of maintenance or because of operator error.

It sounds like your machine is working as it should & you haven't experienced these same problem so it is obviously not ALL F2000's with this problem and I am honestly happy to hear that. However if you were then I am sure you would feel the same way and be just as frustrated. I DON'T print anywhere near as many shirts per month as you do, I'd say maybe 100-200 per week is what we average. So for the amount I am printing in comparison to amount of ink I've lost & had to purchase it just doesn't seem realistic or right at all. My biggest frustration here is that Epson seems to be completely aware that there are quite a few people that are having these same issues, so even if it's just a few hundred random machines out of the thousands they have sold, they should still attempt to recall or offer replacements or reimburse those of us that it IS happening to.

Old November 19th, 2015 Nov 19, 2015 4:49:55 PM -   #21 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Quote:
I have read your information and I am not sure if you have used another printer beside the F2000 or not. I have the Epson F2000 and I also have a DTG Summit which uses an Epson 4880 printhead. What you are talking about was one of my main concerns is why I bought the Summit before I bought the Epson. Once I got the Epson I have tracked the ink usage from the Summit and the ink usage from the Epson. With the Summit which is an Epson based machine and having to do 2-3 head cleanings on start up, it does automatic head cleanings throughout the day & having to do 2-3 head cleanings after lunch and head cleanings throughout the rest of the day. Now my measurements are based on how much ink was in my waste ink container. My ink waste with the Summit is much more than the Epson.
So your basically saying the same thing as Epson. That I have to compare the F2000 with an inferior DTG printer, that wastes a bunch of ink, to be comfortable with the copious amount of ink the F2000 unnecessarily wastes.

What I say to that is if you want to apply some form of comparative reasoning, it would be wiser and more justified to compare the F2000 to the ink wastage of a DTG printer in the same league.

All Epson need to do is update the firmware and give owners the option of avoiding these pointless auto-cleans. Especially for those out of warranty like me. There are plenty of days in a month where the printer does not auto-clean and the printer operates perfectly because it's being used all day every day and maintained accordingly. There is simply no need for these extra cleans.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mammath For This Useful Post:
ASID Clothing (November 19th, 2015)
Old November 20th, 2015 Nov 20, 2015 3:54:43 AM -   #22 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Darrell

After doing more extensive research on this issue I have discovered that the print head in the Epson F2000 is designed to where if it over heats it will force more ink (auto clean) through the print head to cool it down. This way you do not loose a print head. Not sure of the environment inside your shop but maybe need to check heat, cool, humidity, etc. Not sure if this helps just trying to help you be as happy as I am with the Epson F2000.

Old November 20th, 2015 Nov 20, 2015 5:58:07 AM -   #23 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: James

I have started up the Epson before, did one or two light cleanings and a nozzle check to be sure everything is good and clear and after my nozzle check it will auto clean. I can't see how this is contributed to how hot the print head is getting when it hasn't done anything yet. Also on the flip side I can print 100 shirts nonstop and not a single auto clean. Don't get me wrong an auto clean is important to any DTG when there is rhyme and reason behind it, this just seems to do it when ever it feels like it. So I don't buy the head is heating up argument especially when I am in an environmentally controlled room with constant humidity and temp.

Old November 20th, 2015 Nov 20, 2015 6:16:42 AM -   #24 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Darrell

Never had that problem before must be a internal setting that is not right just trying to help I thought this was what the forums was for

Old November 20th, 2015 Nov 20, 2015 6:41:01 AM -   #25 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: James

Quote:
Never had that problem before must be a internal setting that is not right just trying to help I thought this was what the forums was for
sorry I guess my last post came off a bit harsh, I didn't mean it to. And yes this forum is to help other users. Sorry if I sounded harsh it wasn't my intent. I would except the machine doing an auto clean if the print head was to hot, in fact a number of other printers do that. But those other printers aren't using 35ML of ink to do it. All it would take is a firmware update to counteract the random auto cleanings but as other's have stated when they ask Epson about it they aren't admitting there is a problem.

Old November 20th, 2015 Nov 20, 2015 8:36:20 AM -   #26 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Me to, maybe 2 cleans per week, sometimes 0. My room temp is around 19-20 degrees celsius and i keep humidity 55-65. I dont print All day long, many of my designs use a light white under base, almost never thick large area. I print with neorip

Old November 20th, 2015 Nov 20, 2015 11:52:48 AM -   #27 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Geno
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I printed 20 black t's full back and left front on Tuesday no "random clean". I had printed 25 black t-shirts last Friday left front and full back no auto clean then either. Yesterday I printed 43 black t's full back and left front and I did have a random clean right in the middle of the run.

So far today I have a 50 black t-shirt order full front of which I have completed about 25 of them. I did have a random clean right after I did a light clean on the white heads. I did find that kind of strange since it performed one a few minutes earlier on initial start up.

My humidity usually hovers between 40 and 50 but today we have the doors all open on a beautiful day and my humidity is holding steady at 35. My room temp is usually about 74 degrees F. Today it is 72 degrees F.

My machine is mostly used for 3 or 4 t's here and maybe 10 or 12 there. I usually screen print every thing else. The last few jobs however had intensive artwork that seemed right for the DTG. The whole time I have owned my machine (maybe 6 months now) it has only EVER done one random clean. That's it ever. Not sure what the rhyme or reason is behind the timing of them.

My total print number is 2,200 since I have owned the machine however. I guess I have used it more than I thought.

Last edited by gatorGRAFIX; November 20th, 2015 at 11:58 AM..

Old November 20th, 2015 Nov 20, 2015 11:54:15 AM -   #28 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jerid
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,122 Times in 788 Posts

Whether you have an issue with this or not, if you post your firmware version, that might tell if something has changed.
Embosstek likes this.

Old November 20th, 2015 Nov 20, 2015 11:55:43 AM -   #29 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Yea, the head overheating or a too hot environment explanation is unacceptable. Auto cleans on start up straight after circulation, or after morning head clean, or after 5 shirts printed are not due to the head overheating. My F2000 is in a climate controlled environment with the room temp always around 18 - 22C and RH 50%. Plus there a many days in a 30 day period where it doesn't auto-clean and the machine runs perfectly.

When you look at the frequency of the auto cleans from my 30 day diary it's hard to see any consistency, and certainly any reason for them, other than to senselessly waste a bunch of ink.

Old November 20th, 2015 Nov 20, 2015 11:59:08 AM -   #30 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Geno
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Yeah, that is pretty strange.

This is a discussion about Random Auto Clean Wastage that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in