$14995 - I will never buy EPSON again. - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

$14995 - I will never buy EPSON again.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By fxmaster
  • 1 Post By EricDeem
  • 1 Post By tchandler52
  • 1 Post By JCS2013

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old June 9th, 2015 Jun 9, 2015 11:18:15 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default $14995 - I will never buy EPSON again.

I want out of the DTG biz so bad and its such a slap in the face to have our machines equity just thrown in the trash. I will never buy new anything ever again. F Epson for screwing us.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 9th, 2015 Jun 9, 2015 12:33:04 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Fxmaster
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Default Re: $14995 - I will never buy EPSON again.

Don't look at it that way. There is a more positive way to view your purchase.
Did you buy the machine to resale it or did you buy the machine to make a million dollars?

If you make a lot of money and use the machine for a long time then what does it matter? That's the point of buying the machine in the first place.

Look at any large company making money, Mcdonalds for instance. They lose a lot of money on many things, but they make so much that it does not even matter. You will never see them buying used equipment on craigslist even though they most likely could save a some money.

There's a quote by Henry Ford, "If you don't buy a machine you need, you will find later that you have paid for it but still don't have it."

It's a great way to look at things. Epson is a great company but printers do go on sale every year and prices do go down. So where can I get that deal?
Hebiki likes this.

Old June 9th, 2015 Jun 9, 2015 12:51:00 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCS2013
I want out of the DTG biz so bad and its such a slap in the face to have our machines equity just thrown in the trash. I will never buy new anything ever again. F Epson for screwing us.
Sorry to hear that. What exactly happened?

I know people that own and operate the F2000 and so far they are pretty happy with it...albeit the bottom line margins are not the same as other "converted" DTG printers.

I hope you can resolve the issue with your printer.

Old June 9th, 2015 Jun 9, 2015 12:56:55 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Eric Deem
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

When you purchase a large piece of equipment such as a printer, businesses/banks will use the equipment as a company asset. As soon as a manufacturer devalues the investment...the value of the asset in question has been equally reduced. Finance companies are also not favorable to these sales techniques...slashing the price now makes the loan/balance on the equipment worth less and if they need to repo the item their ROI is that much less too.

BUSINESS 101 = If you gain a customer by price, you will also loose the same customer by price. Service and quality outweigh price in almost every single market. You can get a steak at Ruth's Chris or Ponderosa, both come from a cow but the pricing and service associated to both are completely different. If sales were 100% dependent of price we wouldn't have Mercedes-Benz, custom homes, iPhone, etc etc etc.

I feel sorry for those that have purchased equipment expecting the depreciation to be minimal and not a HUGE loss in investment overnight as some have experienced.
okprinter likes this.

Old June 9th, 2015 Jun 9, 2015 1:19:26 PM -   #5 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: irv
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

Also need to look at it as how long owned and how much made. If your current use, plus profit out weighs the reduce price, then not much argument can be had. If you would have waited until now, you would not have had access to those assets. Just a thought - now let me go find my DTG sale!

Old June 15th, 2015 Jun 15, 2015 5:23:48 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
What exactly is the problem? Bought new and resale is low? Bought new at a higher price and mad that they're $14,995 now?

Also, if you don't mind saying, why are you trying to get out the DTG business really bad? Something wrong with being in the DTG business, or just want out for reasons not associated with the "DTG garment business" in general?

I'm new to all of this, so asking out of pure curiosity.

Old June 15th, 2015 Jun 15, 2015 8:43:51 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Michael

DTG is great for short runs, and takes the longest to get your R.O.I back on. Maybe this is what has happened. Sometimes the overhead is so much you can't wait for a machine to make profit.

Old June 15th, 2015 Jun 15, 2015 9:02:52 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

ROI depends on how much business you actually have. You can easily make your money back in 90 days or less if you have the customer base. If you don't have the customer base than it may not be a good investment for you.

Like some one above said do you purchase equipment to make money or resale your equipment?

The price decrease is a good thing. It means you can purchase your next printer at a cheaper price. Every ones goal should be to build not quit. Purchasing a Printer is like purchasing a new car, as soon as you get it home the value has decreased.

DTG business is great for some and not for others.
TeeBird100 likes this.

Old June 16th, 2015 Jun 16, 2015 5:54:09 PM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchandler52
ROI depends on how much business you actually have. You can easily make your money back in 90 days or less if you have the customer base. If you don't have the customer base than it may not be a good investment for you.

Like some one above said do you purchase equipment to make money or resale your equipment?

The price decrease is a good thing. It means you can purchase your next printer at a cheaper price. Every ones goal should be to build not quit. Purchasing a Printer is like purchasing a new car, as soon as you get it home the value has decreased.

DTG business is great for some and not for others.
I agree with you. My customer base is in screen printing and embroidery. Printing 500 tees in an hour vs 15 is a faster way to earn profit. I should not have entered the DTG world, its been very disappointing. Sour grapes on my end, DTG is fine, just not for me.
DCans likes this.

Old June 16th, 2015 Jun 16, 2015 6:46:28 PM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Geno

I too am a screen printer with a fully automatic press and I agree I can print 300 to 400 shirts an hour and it's awesome. I also have an Epson F2000 and it does some things that I would HATE to print on a manual or automatic machine. For my shop it is a very welcome addition.

My 18 year old daughter ran it all day today while I'll screen printed all day. Pretty cool.

Old June 16th, 2015 Jun 16, 2015 7:46:50 PM -   #11 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Thanked 1,314 Times in 1,080 Posts

Quote:
DTG is something you must subscribe to if you want to do it. We did amazing things with a K2 but in the end we coulnd't make enough $/hr with it. I am told the table top models are much better but I have personally not seen that.

Take what you have learned and get a cutter and also a versacamm (we have both) and you will be much happier.

This is a discussion about $14995 - I will never buy EPSON again. that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in