NeoRip VS Digital Factory - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

NeoRip VS Digital Factory

Like Tree213Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old June 1st, 2015 Jun 1, 2015 4:29:41 AM -   #1 (permalink)
r81
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Ryan
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default NeoRip VS Digital Factory

Hi Guys,

What are the main differences between NeoRip & Digital Factory?

I need a RIP and I need something that will produce a very nice White print also Quick Prints and Vibrant Prints - so I can save some $$$$

GC doesnt cut it and I now know I need a RIP, I only just downloaded Digital Factory and it seems like it has alot of features

Cheers Ryan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 1st, 2015 Jun 1, 2015 5:33:15 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Default Re: NeoRip VS Digital Factory

I would recomend Eric Deems from Bellquette, he has experience with both RIP"s.

Old June 1st, 2015 Jun 1, 2015 8:09:41 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Geno
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I was torn between Digital Factory and NeoRIP when I figured out that I for sure needed a third party RIP.

I have also gotten my NeoRIP dongle ($50 deposit) and it is sitting here on my desk but I haven't installed it. I have generally been going by what Mammath posts and I'll have to say that he loves that program and his stuff looks fabulous.

The reason I am sticking with Digital Factory is for a bunch of reasons.

1.) Over a 2 month period CadLink has worked with me on the phone many times and they have addressed and fixed EVERY single problem that I have run into. They have even revamped sections of the software to fix important things such as the "drag and drop" feature printing on black after we have talked.

2.) Ayman at CadLink is all business and the customer service he and CadLink provides is uncommonly good.

3.) CadLink is a major company that is well respected globally with tons of resources.

4.) DF is sold and supported by Equipment Zone which I am sure that all of you folks know by now that I think are tops.

5.) DF is fully customizable which to me is very important too. I am a tinkerer and the more I use DF the more I want to experiment with it.

6.) DF does have a learning curve similar/same as NeoRIP has but you aren't stuck out on you own here. As I said the customer service that CadLink offers for Digital factory is awesome. You don't have to just rely on a couple of YouTube videos or maybe a one hour "Training Course" on Skype.

I will say that when I first downloaded Digital Factory it was a complete disaster for me. I couldn't even get the software installed correctly and when I did finaly get it up and running (thanks to Ayman) my prints looked God awful, especially when I tried to emulate Mammath's "drag and drop" success on black t-shirts.

All of that changed however when I made a post in here about just how much trouble I was having printing with DF. Within minutes of making that post Harry at EZ had me on the phone and then Ayman called to help me about 5 minutes after that. Pretty damn impressive I'd say. I was surprised and delighted. I was however still skeptical.

After spending much time on the phone with Ayman we reviewed every DF problem that I had encountered and after a few days Ayman had "patched" the software which fixed all of the owes that I had with it. Especially the "drag and drop" printing on black section.

You can do a search on my previous posts about all of this and follow along and see how all of this unfolded day by day until I was a happy DF user.

I am NOT going to bash NeoRIP at all. I have not tried it and that would be unfair. I am sure it is awesome too. I feel happily committed to CadLink because of all of the great customer service they have given me and how far the software has come since the first day that I used it.

I spent much of Memorial Day on the phone off and on with Ayman asking him about this and that so that I could learn even more about DF. I'll upload a few pictures of my results here shortly when I get them all together. I am slammed at work this week but I'll find the time to fit it in.
murtceps and EricDeem like this.

Last edited by gatorGRAFIX; June 1st, 2015 at 08:15 AM.. Reason: speling suks butt

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gatorGRAFIX For This Useful Post:
murtceps (June 1st, 2015), Richwood (January 6th, 2017), Rodney (June 9th, 2015)

Old June 1st, 2015 Jun 1, 2015 8:33:24 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

For Epson f2000 what you think which one is better software ?

Old June 1st, 2015 Jun 1, 2015 8:46:23 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

I am not sure if one is "better" or not. I know that I do like DF very much so for me that is the one that I am using.

It is very easy to manipulate things in DF once you get used to it. It also accepts Photoshop .png and .psd files which is good for me because I am all about Adobe Photoshop.

Digital Factory seems very well supported and they have a few new features coming out soon too from what Ayman told me recently.

DF also lets you use the software for 30 days unlike NeoRIP which is good for only 15. DF lets you DL the software and use it right away, with NeoRIP you have to order the dongle with a $50 (refundable) deposit.

CadLink will also work with you when ever you have a problem with DF, at least they have for me so far.

All of these issues added up and made a difference to me.

Last edited by gatorGRAFIX; June 1st, 2015 at 08:52 AM..

Old June 1st, 2015 Jun 1, 2015 11:12:40 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

This is directly from Digital Factory:

https://www.cadlink.com/index.php/en...rted-workflows

Reasons to buy
  • File Management - Digital Factory makes it easy for you to load any file, and make adjustments and enhancements before printing. Digital Factory can import and export over 65 file formats, to give you full control over your files.
  • Color Managemant - Color control is everything. Whether it's calibrating your computer and printer, ensuring that you have the correct color profiles, or including your customer's spot colors or PANTONE™, color control is essential.
  • Output - Purchased a new device? About to? We make connecting to multiple, different output devices a breeze. Support for virtually every manufacturer and device type on the market, ability to RIP to 3 devices simultaneously, white ink support, and cutting tools--Digital Factory keeps your shop moving.
I'm not sure if all of these points applies to a DTG printer manufacturer's "custom" version, ie. EZ RIP (F2000, T-Jets) Spectra RIP (R3000, P600, 3880)

I had pretty good success in the past using EZ RIP running four T-Jet2 and now Spectra RIP running two Spectra 3000.

Can someone confirm what the specific differences are on "custom" RIP like EZ RIP & Spectra RIP??

Thanks.

Old June 2nd, 2015 Jun 2, 2015 3:00:44 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Billy
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murtceps
This is directly from Digital Factory:

https://www.cadlink.com/index.php/en...rted-workflows

Reasons to buy
  • File Management - Digital Factory makes it easy for you to load any file, and make adjustments and enhancements before printing. Digital Factory can import and export over 65 file formats, to give you full control over your files.
  • Color Managemant - Color control is everything. Whether it's calibrating your computer and printer, ensuring that you have the correct color profiles, or including your customer's spot colors or PANTONE™, color control is essential.
  • Output - Purchased a new device? About to? We make connecting to multiple, different output devices a breeze. Support for virtually every manufacturer and device type on the market, ability to RIP to 3 devices simultaneously, white ink support, and cutting tools--Digital Factory keeps your shop moving.
I'm not sure if all of these points applies to a DTG printer manufacturer's "custom" version, ie. EZ RIP (F2000, T-Jets) Spectra RIP (R3000, P600, 3880)

I had pretty good success in the past using EZ RIP running four T-Jet2 and now Spectra RIP running two Spectra 3000.

Can someone confirm what the specific differences are on "custom" RIP like EZ RIP & Spectra RIP??

Thanks.
From my experience Ez Rip is an older version of Cadlink right after Fast Rip which was used for Tjets. EZ rip is sold with their Velocijet printers but also available for Tjet and other model printers using the same print engine like the Kiosk. The latest version of Cadlink is Digital Factory which I believe EZ sells under that name to F2000 owners. EZ may have upgraded to Digital Factory but I don't know that. Spectra Rip is Digital Factory but tailored more for Spectra printers. They are all just different versions of Cadlink.

The Following User Says Thank You to lazographics For This Useful Post:
murtceps (June 2nd, 2015)
Old June 5th, 2015 Jun 5, 2015 12:56:13 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

I haven't tried the NeoRip, I'm trying the DF demo and, from what I have seen in other threads, NeoRip works better with default settings in images that have violet details.
With DF the violet things printed on white underbase come out distorted... too much intense and unrealistic.
Tomorrow, if I have time to try, I would like to print the same wallpaper of darth vader that Mark (Mammath) has printed with NeoRip and Geno (gatorGRAFIX) has printed with DF because the first looks great and the second seems to have problem with the violet details.

...of course, I'm telling about default settings.
Probably is needed few adjustment to avoid this problem with DF

Old June 5th, 2015 Jun 5, 2015 5:27:34 PM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelion
I haven't tried the NeoRip, I'm trying the DF demo and, from what I have seen in other threads, NeoRip works better with default settings in images that have violet details.
With DF the violet things printed on white underbase come out distorted... too much intense and unrealistic.
Tomorrow, if I have time to try, I would like to print the same wallpaper of darth vader that Mark (Mammath) has printed with NeoRip and Geno (gatorGRAFIX) has printed with DF because the first looks great and the second seems to have problem with the violet details.

...of course, I'm telling about default settings.
Probably is needed few adjustment to avoid this problem with DF
I sampled both RIP's before I made my purchase. I can't imagine making a decision on which RIP to purchase without trying both. And it was even more inconvenient for me to sample NeoRIP because I had to add about $30 delivery to get the dongle to Aus'. But I wasn't making a decision until I had tried both. I bought NeoRIP because it was totally superior to DFA in terms of what it was capable of producing on standard settings.

When I sampled DFA I was kind of shocked at how poorly it knocked out black backgrounds from flat images compared to NeoRIP. I messed around with the settings but couldn't get anything close to the amazing results I got from NeoRIP without touching one setting! Also the base white NeoRIP laid down in one pass on standard settings was simply superior to DFA.

I spoke to Dave from Cadlink about my disappointment and I know he has been working on improving DFA. I was offered a chance to retrial DFA once it was improved but that was the last I heard of it.

DFA has some good functions, like the way it can split up the CMYK passes on a white garment to stop the bleeding of colours. But for me the main thing I needed from a RIP was based on printing dark garment because that's 99% of my work.

Please print that Darth image using DFA because the result I posted in my NeoRIP thread was simply a DROP-RIP-PRINT from a flat image with black background. I did take it into Ps after I downloaded it to remove the RH side of the cape that sticks out so it was saved and printed as a Ps file from NeoRIP. I used the Hi Res Black Media queue from NeoRIP which is what I normally use for most of my detailed prints.

NeoRIP has saved me so much time and concern and I don't even do test prints anymore when I have a new design to print. I have so much confidence in the software and it's capabilities which is why I didn't have to think too much at all about printing that Darth image because I knew that NeoRIP was going to output an amazing result without having to tweak a thing.

Old June 5th, 2015 Jun 5, 2015 7:46:37 PM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammath
I sampled both RIP's before I made my purchase. I can't imagine making a decision on which RIP to purchase without trying both. And it was even more inconvenient for me to sample NeoRIP because I had to add about $30 delivery to get the dongle to Aus'. But I wasn't making a decision until I had tried both. I bought NeoRIP because it was totally superior to DFA in terms of what it was capable of producing on standard settings

When I sampled DFA I was kind of shocked at how poorly it knocked out black backgrounds from flat images compared to NeoRIP. I messed around with the settings but couldn't get anything close to the amazing results I got from NeoRIP without touching one setting! Also the base white NeoRIP laid down in one pass on standard settings was simply superior to DFA..
I have to agree. It was the same way when I first started using it. If anyone has been following ANY of my posts over the last month or so you will know that has all changed. I have even posted many prints made using the DF drag and drop and they came out amazing.

You gave DF a shot maybe six months ago. Things have changed greatly with DF since then.

Quote:
DFA has some good functions, like the way it can split up the CMYK passes on a white garment to stop the bleeding of colours. But for me the main thing I needed from a RIP was based on printing dark garment because that's 99% of my work.
I have the very same need to print mostly on dark colored garments and I have proven more than once that DF does this gracefully.

Quote:
Please print that Darth image using DFA because the result I posted in my NeoRIP thread was simply a DROP-RIP-PRINT from a flat image with black background. I did take it into Ps after I downloaded it to remove the RH side of the cape that sticks out so it was saved and printed as a Ps file from NeoRIP. I used the Hi Res Black Media queue from NeoRIP which is what I normally use for most of my detailed prints.
I have already done that and I thought it came out wonderfully. DF also captured some of the hues with in the image of Darth Vader that Aelion seems to be complaining about. Maybe he and you and I have different versions of the same artwork, I dunno.

Quote:
NeoRIP has saved me so much time and concern and I don't even do test prints anymore when I have a new design to print. I have so much confidence in the software and it's capabilities which is why I didn't have to think too much at all about printing that Darth image because I knew that NeoRIP was going to output an amazing result without having to tweak a thing.
Well then you and I are in the same boat then. Grab ya' a beer matey and we'll split it.

Old June 5th, 2015 Jun 5, 2015 8:09:46 PM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorGRAFIX
I have already done that and I thought it came out wonderfully. DF also captured some of the hues with in the image of Darth Vader that Aelion seems to be complaining about. Maybe he and you and I have different versions of the same artwork, I dunno.
The NeoRIP print I did does have some really nice violet hues in it. I think that original pic I posted didn't pic them up well. This pic of the image I posted on my FB page showed them off even better. My NeoRIP print is pretty much exactly like the file I used - http://www.flickeringmyth.com/wp-con...04/1521964.jpg This is the image to use if you want to print it to compare.

The file you used is different to mine Geno because it's been reflected. Not sure that matters much though because what I noticed about your DFA print was the transitions from garment colour to ink where the black has been knocked out by DFA. NeoRIP does this beautifully compared to DFA. It's really noticeable everywhere but especially in the top of the helmet when you compare the pics.

I really think people need to trial both RIPs to see the obvious differences. Without trialling both RIPs how can anyone give an educated opinion on which is better?

Last edited by Mammath; June 5th, 2015 at 08:53 PM..

Old June 6th, 2015 Jun 6, 2015 12:48:12 AM -   #12 (permalink)
r81
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

This is my version using my demo

Please note - This was dragged and dropped into the software, I dont know how to modify the settings yet so you can be assured its generic settings

One pass White One pass colour

Very Happy and I'm sure I could get better results when I play with the settings

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1178.JPG (2.34 MB, 142 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1179.JPG (3.19 MB, 136 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1180.JPG (1.01 MB, 122 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1193.JPG (1.76 MB, 148 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1197.JPG (2.46 MB, 180 views)

Old June 6th, 2015 Jun 6, 2015 1:43:04 AM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by r81
This is my version using my demo

Please note - This was dragged and dropped into the software, I dont know how to modify the settings yet so you can be assured its generic settings

One pass White One pass colour

Very Happy and I'm sure I could get better results when I play with the settings

With NeoRIP you don't have to play with settings. Drop/Rip/Print and simply amazing results from the get-go.

Many customers would be happy with your DFA reproduction Ryan. Not me though.

In my opinion, NeoRIP still has a major edge over the competition in terms of image processing for DTG. I bask on that edge daily.

The DFA base white pic you've shown is a good example of where the problem is with DFA. The base white NeoRIP lays down looks nothing like that... Foundation is 'everything'

Thanks to NeoRIP for making my F2000 prints look so damn good. Couldn't do it without you.

Last edited by Mammath; June 6th, 2015 at 02:05 AM..

Old June 6th, 2015 Jun 6, 2015 2:17:58 AM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
The NeoRIP print I did does have some really nice violet hues in it. I think that original pic I posted didn't pic them up well. This pic of the image I posted on my FB page showed them off even better. My NeoRIP print is pretty much exactly like the file I used - http://www.flickeringmyth.com/wp-con...04/1521964.jpg This is the image to use if you want to print it to compare.

The file you used is different to mine Geno because it's been reflected. Not sure that matters much though because what I noticed about your DFA print was the transitions from garment colour to ink where the black has been knocked out by DFA. NeoRIP does this beautifully compared to DFA. It's really noticeable everywhere but especially in the top of the helmet when you compare the pics.

I really think people need to trial both RIPs to see the obvious differences. Without trialling both RIPs how can anyone give an educated opinion on which is better?
Hello
Is there a difference in the price of ink when printing with both software

The Following User Says Thank You to sporter11 For This Useful Post:
Island Designs (June 9th, 2015)
Old June 6th, 2015 Jun 6, 2015 2:19:57 AM -   #15 (permalink)
r81
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
With NeoRIP you don't have to play with settings. Drop/Rip/Print and simply amazing results from the get-go.
This was drop and print, I do think I played with the white layer when I was stuffing around so not sure if its 100% correct

Quote:
Many customers would be happy with your DFA reproduction Ryan. Not me though.
lol.. yeah but they were happy with GC
I still see problems with the print, but given this is like the 2nd or 3rd print, I'm happy, I know it could look better, that was a close up with iPhone and crap lighting, also with a crap heatpress that is still causing grief

Quote:
The DFA base white pic you've shown is a good example of where the problem is with DFA. The base white NeoRIP lays down looks nothing like that... Foundation is 'everything'
Can you show a base pic of what neoRIP does?

At least im getting better results than what I was getting

This is a discussion about NeoRip VS Digital Factory that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in