NeoRip VS Digital Factory - Page 5 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

NeoRip VS Digital Factory

Like Tree213Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old June 9th, 2015 Jun 9, 2015 3:15:31 AM -   #61 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Mark
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: NeoRip VS Digital Factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by allamerican
I will check later. Or resend for save my time. I have to go through so may emails which arrive while I travel for 10days. I am in Airport lounge and enjoying German biers now.
Maybe AA is in place for jealoused. Sad I have so many dislikes. I hope I have some likes also. Good place to be in? Or not? LOL. Do I Care? Go figure.
Cheers to NeoFamily(who uses Neo products)! Biers are on me always.
I don't know how to dislike you for posting fresh German beer pic when I'm thirsty.
allamerican and idiver like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 9th, 2015 Jun 9, 2015 5:06:58 AM -   #62 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Eric Deem
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammath
That will be great Eric. Looking forward to seeing your print... and other files we can do comparisons with as Justin suggested.

I'm a novice NeoRIP/Kothari user. But I have been 'banging out' amazing prints from the get-go using NeoRIP/Kothari for the F2000!

I'd like to see what a veteran DFA user can produce using the DFA updates. No tweaking though...

That 'planet' file is 300dpi, it's only 16cm wide so enlarge to 30cm wide, choose a queue, and Drop/RIP/Print. That's what I did with NeoRIP.
I'm no veteran with DFA lol...I have only been using it for about 60 days or so. But I will be happy to show you what I have been able to achieve after spending a little bit of time with it. We are working on creating some default profiles that will allow users to choose between a "standard" print and a "wow" print with a single click. The new features that DFA has will allow any user to do the same custom profiles if the need arises but we are trying to do all the legwork on our end so that the print shop can focus on printing. However anyone that has been in the industry long enough can attest that not all art prints the same and some stuff just doesn't work well with DTG regardless of the RIP. Even from garment to garment there can be major effects on the outcome.

In many cases I have needed to do a double pass of the white or cmyk layers as the garment just didn't hold the colors well (using kothari). Now you can create a specific profile for that garment that has the settings that work best and save it as an optional default profile.

I am still catching up from the Indy show but I will try to post up a variety of images that were simply drag n drop in DFA as soon as I can.
gatorGRAFIX likes this.

Old June 9th, 2015 Jun 9, 2015 7:16:25 AM -   #63 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Geno
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I too must say that I need to get a little bit more familiar with DF. I don't use my DTG every single day like some of you folks do and a lot of time my learning curve is after work when I am done screen printing or haggling with sign work.

There are a lot of variables in this thread as well that might be a little hard to express to the "new" buyer.

T-shirt brand, flexibility in tweaking of the software, how well each RIP does in a true "hurry up and get them out the door" environment. All of this stuff should be important, not just who can print the best Thor picture that has a few more whiskers in the face than do others.

Sure each RIP is going to print a little bit differently. NeoRIP has been the tried and true "go to" RIP for some time now and that's great but to me the Digital Factory RIP is kind of the new kid in town with the revamping they have done with their software and I believe that CadLink shows true promise in the near future. Not that NeoRIP doesn't either. I do not want to bash either product I just want to see how well DF performs against NeoRIP. It's only natural to be curious about it.

When I get my hands on some good ringspun t's and find a better free image hosting site than Postimage I will give this thread a shot and post some results. I am not dumb enough to believe that me and my iPhone along with some Gildan t-shirts can show the best of what DF has to offer yet so I will make some adjustments and test it out some more.

I how ever do not wish to partake in any kind of ego flexing wars and some folks seem to be kind of heating up a little under the collar. I like making friends in here, not pissing people off.

Last edited by gatorGRAFIX; June 9th, 2015 at 07:43 AM..

The Following User Says Thank You to gatorGRAFIX For This Useful Post:
Rodney (June 9th, 2015)

Old June 9th, 2015 Jun 9, 2015 7:34:39 AM -   #64 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jerid
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,122 Times in 788 Posts

Geno, what's interesting is if I recall, CadLink was the first RIP for the DTG market, at least when the Tjet came onto the scene. They've been around quite a while, but trying to find that single whisker that disappears between printers and software appears to be a little more critical these days. I personally think that too much time is spent on nitpicking the minor differences between images. The last show, we printed a couple of shirts for a customer and he pulled out probably about 10 shirts total with the same image and laid them out to see. Most were pretty good, only a couple were unacceptable. The ones that were at the top of the pick were minor in differences. The customer that would purchase the shirt would never see them all, they would only see what they paid for and those were more than acceptable.

At some point, it's just moot discussions, at least for most people printing. So I've been looking into ease of use and features and one of the sole reasons we chose CadLink. Obviously the Kathari rip does an incredible job and so far seems to have been setting more of a standard for the industry. Competition drives innovation...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JeridHill For This Useful Post:
gatorGRAFIX (June 9th, 2015), lazographics (June 9th, 2015), murtceps (June 9th, 2015), Printzilla (June 13th, 2015)
Old June 9th, 2015 Jun 9, 2015 7:41:01 AM -   #65 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Geno
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Well said.

I do know that CadLink has had their SW around for a while...I was merely pointing out that there have been some major advancements to the DF RIP for us F2000 owners over just a couple of months, at least from what I have seen for myself and from what Ayman at CadLink has shown me. To me that makes it some what of a new player which does indeed need some more real world print time to tweak and expand.

No doubt NeoRIP does a great job. DF also does a great job too. The decision is for sure a tough one.

Tried and true NeoRIP or ever expanding Digital Factory. IMO either way is equally better than GC even though sometimes GC is still right for the job.

Old June 9th, 2015 Jun 9, 2015 9:34:19 AM -   #66 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Justin
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekay317
In many cases I have needed to do a double pass of the white or cmyk layers as the garment just didn't hold the colors well (using kothari).
Hmm that's strange - despite any other issues I had with my Neoflex printers, I never (ever) had to print double layers of white or CMYK - not on the Neoflex and not on the DreamJet printers. I am pretty sure Gerald doesn't either, nor do any of the other Neoflex owners who I've met in the field (clearly I haven't met everybody, so who knows). Is this something other people are experiencing? If so, it probably has more to do with the shirt being used, rather than the RIP.

I avoided low quality shirts like the plague, so that may be why I never experienced this - premium ringspun, all the way!

The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Walker For This Useful Post:
allamerican (June 9th, 2015)
Old June 9th, 2015 Jun 9, 2015 9:54:22 AM -   #67 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Eric Deem
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Walker
Hmm that's strange - despite any other issues I had with my Neoflex printers, I never (ever) had to print double layers of white or CMYK - not on the Neoflex and not on the DreamJet printers. I am pretty sure Gerald doesn't either, nor do any of the other Neoflex owners who I've met in the field (clearly I haven't met everybody, so who knows). Is this something other people are experiencing? If so, it probably has more to do with the shirt being used, rather than the RIP.

I avoided low quality shirts like the plague, so that may be why I never experienced this - premium ringspun, all the way!
Absolutely! I am shocked you haven't experienced shirts that just didn't hold the inks as well as others. It obviously has nothing to do with the RIP that was the point I was making. Regardless of how good a RIP is you can't overcome bad art or bad garments. At the end of the day it is a complete package in order to achieve the desired results. Being in SoCal you probably haven't done nearly as many sweatshirts as I have and in many cases I have had to perform a double strike on the white layer to get enough laid down for a solid print on sweatshirt and lower quality garments. I have had dozens of scenarios where an additional layer of ink helped. I have even had a single size out of an order of 100 pieces not hold the PT or ink as well as other sizes out of the same box and required me to do a double strike on the white layer. Double striking a print is not an uncommon practice regardless of the printer or rip in question...If I am not using a light PT (F2000 cmyk only prints don't like any PT) and printing on an ash/heather gray shirt I almost always do a double strike. Printing solid black onto a red shirt will require a double strike to get proper coverage and avoid dye migration.

Old June 9th, 2015 Jun 9, 2015 2:23:27 PM -   #68 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rodney
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Thanked 6,032 Times in 3,228 Posts

Let's leave this discussion to the end users of the RIP software because when sellers of the RIP are raving about the benefits and features of the product they sell, it can easily come off as self promotional.

Of course every seller of a product is going to think theirs is the best

Let's continue hear from owners who have tried one or both of the RIPs to make sure readers aren't getting overly biased opinions.

If there are facts that need answers like "does product X have Y feature?", then of course, it's great to hear from the manufacturers/vendors with actual facts.

But things like photos that show one being better than the other or opinions about which is best should be left to end users and not sellers so we can avoid inadvertent sales pitches

Last edited by Rodney; June 9th, 2015 at 02:48 PM..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rodney For This Useful Post:
allamerican (June 9th, 2015), Mammath (June 9th, 2015)
Old June 9th, 2015 Jun 9, 2015 2:49:07 PM -   #69 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorGRAFIX
If that is the case then this whole thread is pointless...just as I described that it might get in the beginning.

I agree with Rodney on this one.
It's not pointless at all. I think some are getting confused.

It's simple. Post the link to an image so others have unbiased access to the same file. Print it with either DFA or NeoRIP/Kothari. Take a pic and post it up.

Like this:
Image - http://img.wallsank.com/uploads/alli...istic-1427.jpg

Drop-Rip-Print standard settings with NeoRIP

Now someone using DFA prints it using standard settings for a comparison. Simple.

PS. I don't use ring spun tees either.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mammath For This Useful Post:
allamerican (June 9th, 2015), Rodney (June 9th, 2015)
Old June 9th, 2015 Jun 9, 2015 3:50:32 PM -   #70 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

If full, unbiased, comparison information isn't available yet...that's ok.

Sometimes it'll take time for people to experience both and have time to share.

If the best we can do right now is having end users share their experiences with one of the RIPs and opinions on favorites, I think it's ok to start from there and have vendors fill in factual details where needed
allamerican likes this.

Last edited by Rodney; June 9th, 2015 at 04:01 PM..

The Following User Says Thank You to Rodney For This Useful Post:
allamerican (June 9th, 2015)
Old June 9th, 2015 Jun 9, 2015 3:59:08 PM -   #71 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Before this thread gets any more out of hand with name calling and accusations, I've removed the photos and replies so the stuff doesn't get rehashed when people read back over the thread and feel the need to reply.
Let's get the thread back on the topic of actual experiences and opinions from end users about the RIPs and more information can come in as it is available

Old June 9th, 2015 Jun 9, 2015 4:09:58 PM -   #72 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammath
Now someone using DFA prints it using standard settings for a comparison. Simple.

PS. I don't use ring spun tees either.
Tomorrow I will try
Do you have also info about ink used (better if taken from the epson log instead of the rip estimation) for this image and the time needed to print?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amelion For This Useful Post:
Old June 9th, 2015 Jun 9, 2015 4:14:35 PM -   #73 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Any picture of a print should be accompanied by a link to the file that was used. This way other members have access to exactly the same artwork to do a comparison print. That will make things fair and unbiased.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mammath For This Useful Post:
Old June 9th, 2015 Jun 9, 2015 4:17:05 PM -   #74 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Anthony Bruce Creek
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

What should really happen is a battle at a tradeshow and people there can decide

Old June 9th, 2015 Jun 9, 2015 4:52:41 PM -   #75 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTGPRINTERPARTS
What should really happen is a battle at a tradeshow and people there can decide
Then the only people able to take part would be dealers.

The OP of this thread asked the question; "What are the differences between NeoRIP and Cadlink DFA?"

Having trailed both back in Feb' of this year I went with NeoRIP because it produced amazing results on standard settings. I was amazed at how I could just drop a flat image with a black background into a queue, rip it and print it and get fantastic results. It's ease of use was very impressive.

When I tried to do that with Cadlink DFA, using the same files, the results were terrible. That was a big difference between the two for me having trailed both RIPs.

Apparently DFA has now created a feature(s) to enable the user to just Drop-Rip-Print, so it will be interesting to see if it's comparable with what NeoRIP has always been able to do.

This is what this thread is about.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mammath For This Useful Post:
Rodney (June 9th, 2015)

This is a discussion about NeoRip VS Digital Factory that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in