NeoRip VS Digital Factory - Page 4 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

NeoRip VS Digital Factory

Like Tree213Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old June 8th, 2015 Jun 8, 2015 1:28:28 AM -   #46 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Mark
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: NeoRip VS Digital Factory

Ha! Promise I won't refer to as the 'wise one'.. I feel the support.

What I post is for those tossing up a choice. What RIP do I choose? That's the nature of the thread.

I'm an Aussie so I have a 'larrikin' spirit. I enjoy having fun, but I am also transparent, open, and blatantly bloody honest.

That equates to; "Telling It Like It Is"... with pics to back it up!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 8th, 2015 Jun 8, 2015 1:47:00 AM -   #47 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Justin
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammath
I'm an Aussie so I have a 'larrikin' spirit. I enjoy having fun, but I am also transparent, open, and blatantly bloody honest.

That equates to; "Telling It Like It Is"... with pics to back it up!
That is absolutely the best formula.
Mammath and idiver like this.

The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Walker For This Useful Post:
Mammath (June 8th, 2015)
Old June 8th, 2015 Jun 8, 2015 4:35:33 AM -   #48 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Eric Deem
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Can you please email me the same file? We have been using Digital Factory's newest features (not available yet) and I would like to see how it outputs on our end.

[email protected]
murtceps likes this.

Old June 8th, 2015 Jun 8, 2015 4:45:06 AM -   #49 (permalink)
r81
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekay317
Can you please email me the same file? We have been using Digital Factory's newest features (not available yet) and I would like to see how it outputs on our end.

[email protected]
http://www.hdwallpapers.in/walls/pla...tdown-wide.jpg

The Following User Says Thank You to r81 For This Useful Post:
EricDeem (June 8th, 2015)
Old June 8th, 2015 Jun 8, 2015 5:02:11 AM -   #50 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Great thanks! I will post up my results and provide more information about the new DFA features in a little bit.
murtceps, r81 and Amelion like this.

Old June 8th, 2015 Jun 8, 2015 10:40:36 AM -   #51 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

So is it safe for me to assume that Kothari's fundamental coding is over 7 years old and was specific to the original Neoflex?? Now for Neo2 and Neo3 which doesn't seem to exist yet??

I understand that the NeoRip for the F2000 produces beautiful results but hey...beauty is on the eye of the beholder.

CADlink:

https://www.cadlink.com/index.php/en/home/overview

CAdlink has been developing softwares for over 20 years....a worldwide distribution network...offices in the UK, US, Canada, Germany... CADlink is available in over 50 countries, in 14 languages and over 200 resellers. Hmmmmm....

Kothari:

.:: Welcome to Kothari Info-Tech Ltd. » Company » About Us ::.

If these 2 companies were thoroughbred horses...I'd put my money on CADlink.

Not trying to stir the pot nor stating that one RIP is better than the other...just my 2 cents
EricDeem likes this.

Last edited by Rodney; June 8th, 2015 at 11:38 AM.. Reason: Rodney is right...company location is irrelevant :)

Old June 8th, 2015 Jun 8, 2015 11:15:50 AM -   #52 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rodney
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Thanked 6,032 Times in 3,228 Posts

Quote:
If these 2 companies were thoroughbred horses...I'd put my money on CADlink...better genes...better bloodlines
I'm not sure where they are based has anything to do with the quality of the software.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rodney For This Useful Post:
murtceps (June 8th, 2015)
Old June 8th, 2015 Jun 8, 2015 11:30:39 AM -   #53 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Kothari is a great RIP that I have used to produce some amazing prints!! Now that I have had the time to explore DFA (Cadlink) I must agree with Murtceps that is a superior piece of software overall. The amount of features it offers compared to Kothari is night and day. I am getting comparable prints with DFA just a easily as I did with Kothari and I have more control should I want or need to make adjustments. Either choice is one that wouldn't be regretted!!
murtceps likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to EricDeem For This Useful Post:
murtceps (June 8th, 2015)
Old June 8th, 2015 Jun 8, 2015 11:32:29 AM -   #54 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Geno
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Either choice is one that wouldn't be regretted!!
I am sure this is true.

Old June 8th, 2015 Jun 8, 2015 2:16:37 PM -   #55 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Justin
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murtceps
So is it safe for me to assume that Kothari's fundamental coding is over 7 years old and was specific to the original Neoflex?? Now for Neo2 and Neo3 which doesn't seem to exist yet?
Nobody ever said it was specific to the Neoflex - several other companies have been using it for their RIP, including the former DreamJet printer (way before the Neoflex ever got the upgrade), OmniPrint, etc.

The number of office locations, size of the company, units sold, etc has nothing to do with output quality. If that's how we decided "who to bet on", we would all own Epson 2000 or Brother DTG printers (since they are bigger companies with more offices / service locations, etc) - and yet a small company like Spectra steps in and purportedly delivers an awesome DTG printer. I hear the rally cries and support from people who love CadLink, but thus far the photo evidence (the only tangible information in this thread that we are all basing this conversation on) is fairly clear. The same was true with that guitar print 5 years ago, and even though the differences were MUCH more obvious back then, there were still people who refused to accept the obvious (I am very happy to finally see Belquette's output quality improve to a point where it is almost on par with what can be done through Kothari, or as Eric suggests, exactly on par).

Like I said, the competition is certainly getting much closer and maybe with the right configuration it can produce something directly comparable to Kothari, but there is no doubt which RIP set the standard in our industry - the rest are simply trying to "get there", and it has taken them a very long time to come close - are you suggesting the fact Kothari has been kicking *** for 7 years is actually some sort of negative?

Eric, since you guys sell the CadLink RIP and you also have personal experience with Kothari from before you got hired at Belquette (when you were in agreement that it was undoubtedly the best available), perhaps you could do a wide range of comparison print tests to show others what the CadLink can do? Choose a good range of artwork and post high quality pics highlighting the traditionally debated points (white under base appearance, smooth fades / gradients, black background knockout on black shirts, lack of obvious "steps" in the finer gradients, color vibrancy, etc).

There are a few comparison photos here so far, but I hear more opinions than actual empirical fact. I'm sure there is no shortage of users for both softwares (who understand how they work and can get the very best results from each one), so finding a number of people to print and compare results would be hugely beneficial to this thread.

If I recall correctly, ALL the top prints from every previous DTG Battle Royale were done with Kothari software - so unless there has been some very recent, rapid development from the competition I'm hard pressed to believe that all things are equal.

But hey, I've been wrong before! . Let's see the pics - that's the only thing that can end the debate.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justin Walker For This Useful Post:
idiver (August 4th, 2016), Rodney (June 9th, 2015), Smalzstein (June 9th, 2015)
Old June 8th, 2015 Jun 8, 2015 6:59:59 PM -   #56 (permalink)
r81
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Ryan

hey Peter , did you get my email? I know you have been all over the world, just checking you received it as I would like to move quicker than later on a RIP

Cheers Ryan

Old June 9th, 2015 Jun 9, 2015 1:51:18 AM -   #57 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Quote:
Great thanks! I will post up my results and provide more information about the new DFA features in a little bit.
That will be great Eric. Looking forward to seeing your print... and other files we can do comparisons with as Justin suggested.

I'm a novice NeoRIP/Kothari user. But I have been 'banging out' amazing prints from the get-go using NeoRIP/Kothari for the F2000!

I'd like to see what a veteran DFA user can produce using the DFA updates. No tweaking though...

That 'planet' file is 300dpi, it's only 16cm wide so enlarge to 30cm wide, choose a queue, and Drop/RIP/Print. That's what I did with NeoRIP.
r81 likes this.

Old June 9th, 2015 Jun 9, 2015 2:13:13 AM -   #58 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by murtceps
So is it safe for me to assume that Kothari's fundamental coding is over 7 years old...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Walker
...are you suggesting the fact Kothari has been kicking *** for 7 years is actually some sort of negative?
As the ol' adage goes; "If it aint broke, it don't need fixing".

Old June 9th, 2015 Jun 9, 2015 2:41:20 AM -   #59 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: NeoFather Peter
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Thanked 1,469 Times in 1,161 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by r81
hey Peter , did you get my email? I know you have been all over the world, just checking you received it as I would like to move quicker than later on a RIP

Cheers Ryan
I will check later. Or resend for save my time. I have to go through so may emails which arrive while I travel for 10days. I am in Airport lounge and enjoying German biers now.
Maybe AA is in place for jealoused. Sad I have so many dislikes. I hope I have some likes also. Good place to be in? Or not? LOL. Do I Care? Go figure.
Cheers to NeoFamily(who uses Neo products)! Biers are on me always.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (200.8 KB, 38 views)
Mammath likes this.

Old June 9th, 2015 Jun 9, 2015 2:47:26 AM -   #60 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Hello
Print Pro Rip Software and Neo Rip are same software or different ??

This is a discussion about NeoRip VS Digital Factory that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in