My Turn - Lost White Channels 3&4 - Page 5 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

My Turn - Lost White Channels 3&4

Like Tree126Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old June 17th, 2015 Jun 17, 2015 1:55:10 AM -   #61 (permalink)
r81
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Ryan
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: My Turn - Lost White Channels 3&4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammath
OK, I'm back and printing my butt off to catch up.

That's awesome news mate happy everything is all fixed up

one thing.. do you have a local Epson rep? or did someone have to fly in? if so did you have to pay for it?

Cheers,
Ryan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 17th, 2015 Jun 17, 2015 2:55:02 AM -   #62 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Mark

Epson look after their customers in terms of fixing 'the' issue. Great! You already have a local Epson tech' available. You just don't know it yet... Your cost will be 'down time' and having to tell customers the bad news when their orders aren't ready... Some will wait, some can't.

Old June 17th, 2015 Jun 17, 2015 7:26:39 AM -   #63 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Geno
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I too want to know how to fix my F2000 after the warranty is gone. I would also like to know the cost of parts that my machine may need when ever that time comes.

Just having an Epson rep fly in to save the day is all good and all but one day that warranty will be gone. Even the extended warranty seems to have limits, maybe two or three fixes. What happens when someone has more than one issue when the extended warranty quotas have been met? The extended warranty isn't cheap by any means either. Glad it's available but I need a bank in my back yard to cover it.

I understand that Epson doesn't want anyone mucking around with their high dollar machine while under warranty but it seems to me that if this thing is so easy to fix why can't we see for ourselves? Surely not every Epson F2000 that has ever been sold is still under any kind of a warranty. What do these people do when they go down?

When I see folks having trouble with their F2000 it is only natural that I get a little nervous about mine and I'm barely 2 months into this DTG stuff.

Old June 17th, 2015 Jun 17, 2015 3:39:25 PM -   #64 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorGRAFIX
I too want to know how to fix my F2000 after the warranty is gone. I would also like to know the cost of parts that my machine may need when ever that time comes.

Just having an Epson rep fly in to save the day is all good and all but one day that warranty will be gone. Even the extended warranty seems to have limits, maybe two or three fixes. What happens when someone has more than one issue when the extended warranty quotas have been met? The extended warranty isn't cheap by any means either. Glad it's available but I need a bank in my back yard to cover it.

I understand that Epson doesn't want anyone mucking around with their high dollar machine while under warranty but it seems to me that if this thing is so easy to fix why can't we see for ourselves? Surely not every Epson F2000 that has ever been sold is still under any kind of a warranty. What do these people do when they go down?

When I see folks having trouble with their F2000 it is only natural that I get a little nervous about mine and I'm barely 2 months into this DTG stuff.
Not sure what it's like over there in the States but here the tech's are the local certified Epson repairer in your vicinity. The main issue with doing your own repairs would be access to the 'service software' that only these tech's have access to.

I discussed quite a bit with my local Epson tech yesterday. When the issue is a common problem there are no limits to the amount of times Epson will repair your printer as long as you're not 'thrashing the guts' out of it. By that I mean, every component has a 'life expectancy', so you can't be doing 100,000 prints a month and expect Epson to keep replacing wearing parts... But for the average user experiencing continual failures of a certain component, Epson will look after them. Possibly even if the warranty has expired. He spoke very highly of the Epson service and commitment to their products.

When my printer runs out warranty I will have no qualms about paying the local tech their labour to replace the parts required. It will be considerably cheaper than having to continually extend the warranty. There is also the possibility that Epson will still look after you out of warranty if the issue is a common problem/fault with the machine. Which is a consideration with the F2000 being such a 'newish' machine.

I've read a lot of threads on this issue. When the head is replaced it doesn't fix this problem. When the CR Duct is replaced you're 'good to go'. That's the damper assembly and it's $200 AUD. Let's say $500AUD if you have to have it installed.

Take 25% off for those in the U.S and you're good to go 5 times a year compared to extending the warranty.

I'll be 'ponying up' these figures with action when my F2000 runs out of warranty.
esodesigns likes this.

Last edited by Mammath; June 18th, 2015 at 01:58 AM..

Old June 19th, 2015 Jun 19, 2015 1:19:46 PM -   #65 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

So I've found out the cost of these repairs if you didn't have the warranty in place. Parts and labour comes at a little over the price of one years extended warranty. This is due the the head being a little over $2K here in Aus'.

Good thing though is the CR Duct/Damper Assy is only $200 which is probably the component that's failing all the time with these printers.

I'll be giving a lot of thought to spending $2700 on extending the warranty when that time comes.
ShirtGal and r81 like this.

Old June 21st, 2015 Jun 21, 2015 8:29:43 AM -   #66 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Ted

When you buy a DTG printer this can happen on any of them The White inks clogs. It is seldom you hear about the other colors clogging. I recommend running test files every day and nozzles cleans daily. There are utility programs liek Printer Jockey and others that run small test patterns hourly to the printer. The pigments in the white ink settle in the ink tubes. Even with an Epson. ANother approach is to purchase a low cost DTG pritner for about 3 to 5 thousand and keeep cleaning solution in it. When your expensive printer breaks you can charge the cheap one up and keep going. You can get some new printers for a little as 4,000 based on a 1430 or up to 8,000 for a R3000. You can buy two of them.

Old June 22nd, 2015 Jun 22, 2015 2:35:33 PM -   #67 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Duke

A tech came out and fixed my machine last week. It was over a weekend, so about 3 days of down time. He said that his service call (from 4 hours away) plus parts would have run me around $3000. I was still under warranty, so no charge, but he urged me to buy the extended warranty. I did that today; one year, $1600. Ouch.

Old June 22nd, 2015 Jun 22, 2015 5:14:15 PM -   #68 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayduke
A tech came out and fixed my machine last week. It was over a weekend, so about 3 days of down time. He said that his service call (from 4 hours away) plus parts would have run me around $3000. I was still under warranty, so no charge, but he urged me to buy the extended warranty. I did that today; one year, $1600. Ouch.
Ouch is the is the correct term. $2700 here for 1 year.

I'll add your name to the ever growing list of members that have had this repair done under warranty.

BakedT's
Jmelwak
okPrinter
AsidClothing
ShirtGal
SammySammy
kaizer
Jcs2013
laililai
khaledh
mark9861
tguycarrol
goff2000
Ramirez016
Mammath
Hayduke

And that's just forum members I know of!

There must be quite a stockpile of returned failed parts building up at the Epson factory by now. One would think Epson should be able to pinpoint the problem by examining the failed parts. Or maybe as long as F2000 owners keep paying for extended warranty, they're just tossing them in the rubbish.

Old June 23rd, 2015 Jun 23, 2015 2:52:50 AM -   #69 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: NeoFather Peter
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Thanked 1,469 Times in 1,161 Posts

Mark, You are authentic TSF member. How long it took you to collect all these names? You are Champ in Epson Forum. LOL.
I want to call you EpsonFather.
AUS $2700? US$=1.3 AUS$ now if I am correct. It used to be AUS was stronger than $. Canadian also.
I lost US$450,000 over EU weakness in 1year. LOL. But AA imports are so much cheaper. Well currency is out of our league and control.
Among the bad news best news is EPSON is stand by their commitments.
Cheers to NeoFamily! Beers are on me always.

Last edited by allamerican; June 23rd, 2015 at 03:01 AM..

Old June 23rd, 2015 Jun 23, 2015 3:17:33 AM -   #70 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

How long to collect the names? The negative is always easy to find Peter...

Forex changes by the second... so it's somewhat a 'moot' point concerning currency.

Happy to be the father of the 'blatantly bloody obvious'.

Yeah, Epson stand by their commitment as long as the owner keep ponying up the $$$$ for extending the warranty. Dealers get a cut of that?

You know I love your products. And your attitude.
allamerican likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mammath For This Useful Post:
allamerican (June 23rd, 2015)
Old June 23rd, 2015 Jun 23, 2015 9:09:24 AM -   #71 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Add me to this list - Except I lost WH2 and WH4.

Tried the soaking method and making sure no debris was in the cap with no success.

Called Epson - They are suppose to be sending a Tech tomorrow. I will advise.

Machine is 9 months old with over 10k prints/pages. First service call to date.

Old June 23rd, 2015 Jun 23, 2015 12:36:54 PM -   #72 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: NeoFather Peter
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Thanked 1,469 Times in 1,161 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammath

Happy to be the father of the 'blatantly bloody obvious'.

Yeah, Epson stand by their commitment as long as the owner keep ponying up the $$$$ for extending the warranty. Dealers get a cut of that?

You know I love your products. And your attitude.
No dealer is involve in warranty system on any which way. Dealer's job is selling only and simple Training.(who need this. Most are not neccessary at all).
Cheers to NeoFamily! Beers are on me always.

Old June 24th, 2015 Jun 24, 2015 3:11:19 AM -   #73 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by divers2deep
Add me to this list - Except I lost WH2 and WH4.

Tried the soaking method and making sure no debris was in the cap with no success.

Called Epson - They are suppose to be sending a Tech tomorrow. I will advise.

Machine is 9 months old with over 10k prints/pages. First service call to date.
Let us know how you get on with the fix mate. All aboard the F2000 "warranty train'...

Old June 26th, 2015 Jun 26, 2015 8:32:15 AM -   #74 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

you may have to add me to that list. I am on <4000 prints in 4 months. All 4 whites are gone now. I do the standard maintenance on it and just changed to my 7th set of white inks.

Old June 26th, 2015 Jun 26, 2015 9:25:35 AM -   #75 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Geno
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Dang! Have you called Epson yet to get a rep out?

This is a discussion about My Turn - Lost White Channels 3&4 that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in