My Turn - Lost White Channels 3&4 - Page 4 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

My Turn - Lost White Channels 3&4

Like Tree126Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old June 14th, 2015 Jun 14, 2015 2:55:45 PM -   #46 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: My Turn - Lost White Channels 3&4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelion
Again? Twice in how many months and prints? This really scare me! Principally because there isn't a schema and is totally unpredictable
April and June. We're not using this machine enough to even count prints. It's just been a pain. I'd guess a couple hundred at most. My warranty runs out in September. I'm not looking forward to buying the extended warranty, which I'd be crazy not to. I'd rather put the money towards something else. What's a gal to do? My tech said this machine has been a nightmare for everyone. Epson needs to step it up and help us "beta users" out.

Last edited by ShirtGal; June 14th, 2015 at 02:59 PM.. Reason: Added a bit...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 14th, 2015 Jun 14, 2015 4:41:19 PM -   #47 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Marz

You know, a year ago I always wondered if the new Epson F2000 was a better choice then the Brother 381, and having been following both machines the past year, I think I can say that if I had to choose between the two to purchase now, I'd go with the Brother 381 over the Epson F2000 for the reasons outlined in this thread.

I'm not saying Epson F2000 isn't a good machine, I'm sure it's made a lot of money for a lot of people, but it just seems to me the Brother 381 appears to be more reliable.

Old June 15th, 2015 Jun 15, 2015 2:42:06 AM -   #48 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Mark

Down-time is not pleasant ShirtGal no matter the numbers. Twice would be tough.

Marz, when the F2000 is fully functional it rocks! All equipment have issues. The Brother has it's own problems to contend with as do all DTG printers.

The Epson tech' is due out here tomorrow afternoon.

What concerns me is I purchased this DTG Printer with the confidence that Epson have been playing their part in DTG technology for 'some time'.

The F2000 head is probably not the problem... It's the supply of ink to the head!

How can I do a light clean on the head and be 'good to go' and then lose WH3 after one print...?

I also didn't purchase this printer to factor in another $2700 AUD per year to extend the warranty! That's BS, and not an feasible or long term solution for many owners of the F2000.

Let's cut through the 'crap cake'...

What I want to know is:

1. What's the core issue/component that is failing with the F2000? (There are many examples of failure to go by...)
2. What are the consumable parts that need replacing every few months to keep it operational?
3. Can those parts be purchased after the warranty has expired?
4. What are the costs involved in purchasing 'said' parts?
5. Do I need to pay an Epson tech to fit these parts or can I do it myself?

Extending warranty is really a 'lame' solution. Surely Epson can offer their customers something better than that?

Last edited by Mammath; June 15th, 2015 at 03:02 AM..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mammath For This Useful Post:
okprinter (June 15th, 2015), TeeBird100 (June 15th, 2015)

Old June 15th, 2015 Jun 15, 2015 6:40:47 AM -   #49 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Eric Deem
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marzatplay
You know, a year ago I always wondered if the new Epson F2000 was a better choice then the Brother 381, and having been following both machines the past year, I think I can say that if I had to choose between the two to purchase now, I'd go with the Brother 381 over the Epson F2000 for the reasons outlined in this thread.

I'm not saying Epson F2000 isn't a good machine, I'm sure it's made a lot of money for a lot of people, but it just seems to me the Brother 381 appears to be more reliable.

I think you will find that just as many Brother owners experience issues as the Epson users. IMO the Epson community is stronger and more vocal here than Brother which is probably why it appears as though it is more problematic. There is not 1 printer brand that hasn't had issues with their equipment. The important thing is how does that manufacturer handle and resolve the customer issues. I would say out of the thousands of Epson's in the market the % of success vs failure weighs heavily on the side of success much I would think Brother's printers would also weigh heavily on the side of success. I wouldn't take this thread as the end all be all for deciding between printers.
gatorGRAFIX likes this.

Old June 15th, 2015 Jun 15, 2015 6:51:03 AM -   #50 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Wondering the same thing on parts. If we can get access to them, the fixes are easy. I've watched the machine get taken down and put back together twice now, and there if VERY LITTLE to it.

Old June 15th, 2015 Jun 15, 2015 5:57:13 PM -   #51 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekay317
The important thing is how does that manufacturer handle and resolve the customer issues.
Well it would appear we have a few kinks in the chain down under when it comes to promptly fixing warranty issues.

Just had a call from the Epson tech who was due out this afternoon. His report says I have ink dripping? WTF? Now that I've explained to him what the problem is he will have to order the parts in and hopefully they will arrive tomorrow.

I've been down for 4 business days so far since my first contact with Epson and my dealer about this issue! Not good enough!

Old June 15th, 2015 Jun 15, 2015 6:51:13 PM -   #52 (permalink)
r81
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Ryan

crazy questions.... could it be that when using a RIP it lays down more White than what Epson would like and this causes blockages? I guess I think of it like software used to overclock a computers processor and this can cause problems

Just a thought, would be good to know if everyone that has had problems is using a RIP or not

Old June 15th, 2015 Jun 15, 2015 7:43:03 PM -   #53 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by r81
crazy questions.... could it be that when using a RIP it lays down more White than what Epson would like and this causes blockages? I guess I think of it like software used to overclock a computers processor and this can cause problems

Just a thought, would be good to know if everyone that has had problems is using a RIP or not

I don't think its got anything to do with using a RIP. It's not that the heads are clogged, its that they're starved of ink.

Old June 15th, 2015 Jun 15, 2015 9:52:14 PM -   #54 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammath
Well it would appear we have a few kinks in the chain down under when it comes to promptly fixing warranty issues.

Just had a call from the Epson tech who was due out this afternoon. His report says I have ink dripping? WTF? Now that I've explained to him what the problem is he will have to order the parts in and hopefully they will arrive tomorrow.

I've been down for 4 business days so far since my first contact with Epson and my dealer about this issue! Not good enough!
Some how I missed something, I thought the Epson Warranty covered this would not happen.

https://www.t-shirtforums.com/epson-s...s/t313425.html

https://files.support.epson.com/docid/cpd4/cpd40255.pdf

Old June 15th, 2015 Jun 15, 2015 10:52:49 PM -   #55 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZACO
Some how I missed something, I thought the Epson Warranty covered this would not happen.

https://www.t-shirtforums.com/epson-s...s/t313425.html

https://files.support.epson.com/docid/cpd4/cpd40255.pdf
Epson America seem to have it sorted. Here in Aus' the process of making a claim is quite different and involves too many people which slows the whole process down.

Old June 16th, 2015 Jun 16, 2015 12:41:38 AM -   #56 (permalink)
r81
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
I don't think its got anything to do with using a RIP. It's not that the heads are clogged, its that they're starved of ink.
I'm just trying to rule it out, thought if others that have had the same problem are using a RIP maybe this could be something to factor in

I use software on my computer that overrides the settings and if I tweak it too much the computer does some strange things. This could also be the case with a printer and aftermarket RIP. if it is telling the printer to control how much ink it lays out, maybe it also controls how much ink is left in the nozzles/head when the print is finished. Again I have no idea, I just want to rule out, and it would be very strange if all users with this problem were running the same RIP

Old June 16th, 2015 Jun 16, 2015 12:57:46 AM -   #57 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by r81
I'm just trying to rule it out, thought if others that have had the same problem are using a RIP maybe this could be something to factor in

I use software on my computer that overrides the settings and if I tweak it too much the computer does some strange things. This could also be the case with a printer and aftermarket RIP. if it is telling the printer to control how much ink it lays out, maybe it also controls how much ink is left in the nozzles/head when the print is finished. Again I have no idea, I just want to rule out, and it would be very strange if all users with this problem were running the same RIP
Ryan, it's not the RIP mate.

Plenty of users with the same issues running Cadlink, GC, or Kothari.

The main question on the lips of F2000 owners should be...

"When do the Owners of the F2000 get access to the part that fixes this issue?"

If I kept that part on my shelf I would have been up and running 3 days ago...

The issue is simple, common, and frequent! That's the 'crap cake', and it needs cutting through.

The F2000 is perfect in so many ways, but it has one 'consumable' product that wears out and it needs to be available to the Owner. It needs to be made identifiable. No shame in that, just give owners access to the consumable parts.
divers2deep likes this.

Last edited by Mammath; June 16th, 2015 at 01:10 AM..

Old June 16th, 2015 Jun 16, 2015 1:06:41 AM -   #58 (permalink)
r81
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Ryan, it's not the RIP mate.

Plenty of users with the same issues running Cadlink, GC, or Kothari.

The main question on the lips of F2000 owners should be...

"When do the Owners of the F2000 get access to the part that fixes this issue?"

If I kept that part on my shelf I would have been up and running 3 days ago...

The issue is simple, common, and frequent! That's the 'crap cake', and it needs cutting through.

The F2000 is perfect in so many ways, it has one consumable product that it wears out. This needs to be available to the Owner.
Costly extension of warranty puts my time and money in the hands of a manufacturer. I don't enjoy that...

Fair enough mate.

Just trying prevent anything that could prevent jobs from being complete, everyday I have that fear that today is the day it my turn.

I will keep following and see what solution you find

Good luck getting yours fixed 100%

Cheers

Old June 16th, 2015 Jun 16, 2015 1:33:00 AM -   #59 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by r81
Fair enough mate.

Just trying prevent anything that could prevent jobs from being complete, everyday I have that fear that today is the day it my turn.

I will keep following and see what solution you find

Good luck getting yours fixed 100%

Cheers
Cheers mate.

F2000 owners should not have to live in fear. I don't sow fear, I question in the hope of sowing knowledge. It may be wishful thinking, but I believe the issue is a simple fix that owners can resolve themselves, time and time again, and inexpensively. (compared to extending warranty)

Epson seem to be complicating this 'common' issue by being somewhat manipulative in terms of not reviling the 'common' problem to owners.

I would like to sow peace, the F2000 is a very peaceful DTG printer, not in terms of sound, but confidence, that it gives the owner. Magnificent prints all the time.

I just want to know Epson is on my side. The side of the investor...
okprinter, ShirtGal and r81 like this.

Old June 17th, 2015 Jun 17, 2015 1:37:14 AM -   #60 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

OK, I'm back and printing my butt off to catch up.

Damper assembly/CR Duct and Head changed out. All seems 'back to normal'.

The local Epson tech was a good bloke and very thorough. He used the word 'acceptable' once and then we had a good laugh about what the term 'acceptable' means to one and another...

F2000 repairs under warranty equates to the owner not being able to find out much information concerning 'what has happened', and what fixed the issue? The techs don't get that info either.

Under warranty Epson replace the head as a precautionary measure because the damper assembly/CR duct failing may possibly mess with the head.

Epson techs have different software to the user in terms of servicing. e.g. The owner will never have access to depressurising the lines prior to removing parts to save some ink.

To keep this post short... I'm waiting to hear back on the price of this fix if you didn't have the Epson warranty in place. Which is my main concern.

I don't think we'll ever know that figure, but I'm happy to pay a tech to come out and do the damper assembly for well under the cost of extending the warranty!

Last edited by Mammath; June 17th, 2015 at 01:45 AM..

This is a discussion about My Turn - Lost White Channels 3&4 that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in