after print head replacement..taking several light cleans to recover white - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

after print head replacement..taking several light cleans to recover white

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old April 8th, 2015 Apr 8, 2015 5:02:44 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Roy
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default after print head replacement..taking several light cleans to recover white

since I had the Print Head and CR Duct replaced it seems that it takes more print head cleans on my white channels to get a good nozzle check.

with the original print head, I had historically turned my printer off when finished printing for the day. then the next printing day (could be as many as 2 days) turn the printer on, I would do one light clean on the white channels and I would have all my white channels back. My CMYK channels were always 100% good.

since the print head replacement, it seems that even after 1 light cleans on the white channels I get 95% of the nozzles back. I do two more light cleans and NO change in the nozzle recovery. I then have to do a medium clean to get 100% of my white nozzles recovered.

I have had to do a medium clean on my CMYK channels twice since the print head replacement to get 100% of my CMYK channels firing.

I believe I will be calling Epson back today, but wanted to see what are other experiencing?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 8th, 2015 Apr 8, 2015 7:29:58 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Geno
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Default Re: after print head replacement..taking several light cleans to recover white

Except for the color print heads mine has been like that since day one. It always takes two light head cleans on the white to get a good nozzle check print and usually on light clean on the color.

I've had to do a medium clean on the white heads before also.

No one is more meticulous in their clean up on this machine EVERY DAY than I am.

The Following User Says Thank You to gatorGRAFIX For This Useful Post:
okprinter (April 8th, 2015)
Old April 13th, 2015 Apr 13, 2015 5:01:17 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Default Re: after print head replacement..taking several light cleans to recover white

I am starting to have problems with my first print head white channels at 46-4700 prints.

I just noticed I was sold older ink that likely sat somewhere un shaken for a very long time, so this may be a factor or very big coincidence, well see.

This is a discussion about after print head replacement..taking several light cleans to recover white that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in