Guess what ... down again :( - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

Guess what ... down again :(

Like Tree61Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old February 25th, 2015 Feb 25, 2015 1:49:36 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Guess what ... down again :(

This will be the third time in 9 mos our printer has gone down, Same issue everytime losing one white channel, do head cleanings and comes back print one shirt and drops again. Well its time to make a big decision for me and i think its time to say goodbye to the epson....

At this rate when the warranty is up that means i would have to replace the print head 3 times in a year, NO THANKS! Its not like the machine sits either i print 10 hours a day mostly 6 days a week!!!!

Frustrated!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 25th, 2015 Feb 25, 2015 2:13:08 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Boguslaw
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Default Re: Guess what ... down again :(

Is this is an isolated problem or does other epson users expirience this aswell?

Old February 25th, 2015 Feb 25, 2015 3:14:54 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Yep, check the forums, many have experienced the same issue im having! Yet no one over there can tell me why they just replace parts, well thats not enough for me to keep this machine....

Old February 26th, 2015 Feb 26, 2015 4:14:39 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

How many total prints does your machine read so far ??

Old February 26th, 2015 Feb 26, 2015 4:23:08 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Your lucky you dont live in Canada, you probably would not even be getting service..

I go to one place and they tell me to come back for white ink in a week. I go to another place and they tell me they dont have head cleaning kits for a week at best lol

These people sell 18k printers up here and cant even stock a $90 head cleaning set or ink. On top of this it takes Epson days if not weeks to re supply them, or we have some seriously cheap distributors up here who have a problem investing in stock.........

Old February 26th, 2015 Feb 26, 2015 5:46:40 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmelwak
This will be the third time in 9 mos our printer has gone down, Same issue everytime losing one white channel, do head cleanings and comes back print one shirt and drops again. Well its time to make a big decision for me and i think its time to say goodbye to the epson....

At this rate when the warranty is up that means i would have to replace the print head 3 times in a year, NO THANKS! Its not like the machine sits either i print 10 hours a day mostly 6 days a week!!!!

Frustrated!!!!
I would recommend purchasing warranty if it runs up. I know it is frustrating, but I too have had problems with the Epson. But least they actually do keep fixing the machine for free.

It is frustrating, very frustrating. Hopefully in the future they will have a fix for it.

Old February 26th, 2015 Feb 26, 2015 5:57:04 PM -   #7 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Sean
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Thanked 1,596 Times in 1,481 Posts

I have checked another thread on here where another member was having same issue. They actually are doing more maintenance then they were originally told but they claim to not be having the problems. It's here in the epson section and his maintenance schedule.

Old February 26th, 2015 Feb 26, 2015 9:03:11 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

i also maintain the printer more than whats scheduled, after the 1st time this happened i clean suction capping station daily and do everything the printers says when its time. non stop humidity over 50% and the printer runs 8-10 hours a day 6 days a week.

the machine has over 22k prints on it. There has to be something going on with the suction or capping station that is really causing this problem. Until they figure it out its just always replacing parts but no one ever tells me why. this is the first time the parts have not been on backorder the tech will be here tomorrow .

im not sure about the extended warranty as i think it only covers 1 print head during the extended period will have to read the fine print. If thats the case im not dropping 2-3k on a extended warranty for this machine i will just get rid of it. still deciding what to do, if they cannot fix the issue soon i will move on to something else as im dont plan to shell out extra $$$ on print heads and stations every year!

Old February 27th, 2015 Feb 27, 2015 12:59:18 AM -   #9 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: NeoFather Peter
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Thanked 1,469 Times in 1,161 Posts

Sorry to hear that but glad to see your business is profitable. Keep it up.
I wish I can be a help. I am sure they will contact you today. No printer is maintenance free. Only less or more exist.
Cheers! Beers are on me always.

The Following User Says Thank You to allamerican-aeoon For This Useful Post:
Smalzstein (February 27th, 2015)
Old February 27th, 2015 Feb 27, 2015 3:42:55 AM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Dan

I have had the same issue multiple times as well. My issue was more with the suction assembly than print head or dampers. In speaking with many people I think Epson needs to either reengineer the white ink to not clog the suction assembly (might impact print quality) reengineer the suction assembly to be able to handle the white ink or make the suction assembly a user replaceable part at a low cost (I have watched the tech replace this and it is very simple).

Watch for a reduction in the amount of waste ink while doing a white channel head clean or a tube wash (only the waste tube on the left side of the printer while looking at the back matters). When the amount of ink waste slows or stops you can bet you are going to experience this issue. I am planning to weigh my waste ink container to find out how much ink is used during the light, medium and heavy cleans.
Jmelwak likes this.

Old February 27th, 2015 Feb 27, 2015 8:00:55 AM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

thanks for that info, i have watched them do it 2 times already this will be a third so i know its easy to replace, its hard to believe the head is bad because i can recover it when doing a cleaning but then 5-7 shirts in it drops. so there has to be something else happening here.

do you mean the tube closes to the capping station?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakedts
I have had the same issue multiple times as well. My issue was more with the suction assembly than print head or dampers. In speaking with many people I think Epson needs to either reengineer the white ink to not clog the suction assembly (might impact print quality) reengineer the suction assembly to be able to handle the white ink or make the suction assembly a user replaceable part at a low cost (I have watched the tech replace this and it is very simple).

Watch for a reduction in the amount of waste ink while doing a white channel head clean or a tube wash (only the waste tube on the left side of the printer while looking at the back matters). When the amount of ink waste slows or stops you can bet you are going to experience this issue. I am planning to weigh my waste ink container to find out how much ink is used during the light, medium and heavy cleans.

Old February 27th, 2015 Feb 27, 2015 8:15:12 AM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Dan

Yes. The tube closest to capping station is the only one that is used for the pumping station. The other is just for the drain when the print head dumps near the air filter area.

Old February 27th, 2015 Feb 27, 2015 10:21:57 AM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

cool thanks for that info, i havent noticed any of that happening and the drain tank has been filling as normal after cleaning and tube washings.

Old February 28th, 2015 Feb 28, 2015 9:58:24 AM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Brandon

If you find out more detail about the warranty please let me know as I would love to know how their extended warranty works to be honest.

Old March 2nd, 2015 Mar 2, 2015 4:45:29 AM -   #15 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jerid
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,122 Times in 788 Posts

The preferred plus warranty covers one print head replacement or two visits from an EPSON tech. The cost is $1,950.

This is a discussion about Guess what ... down again :( that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in