Guess what ... down again :( - Page 5 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

Guess what ... down again :(

Like Tree61Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old April 20th, 2015 Apr 20, 2015 11:05:59 AM -   #61 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Guess what ... down again :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmelwak
i also think the dampers have alot to do with it. would be nice for us to be able to replace them, im not sure but i think these are becoming a year old and shouldnt they have parts available for people that dont extend the warranty? if not that would suck to pay techs to come out everytime to replace parts.

I am also having similar issues, and I agree that without warranty, it would be VERY pricey to pay for such frequent repairs, so I am curious to see what Epson does when warranties run out and do not get renewed, and where customers go from that point on.

Epson will probably just release another printer with "updates" and offer some bonus for trading in these f2000 test run printers..

I was also recently sold some old ink that appears to have not been properly stored, and stored over a long period of time, so I believe this has contributed to my problem 100% for sure..

Thanks STAHLS for selling me white ink from 2013.
ShirtGal likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 21st, 2015 Apr 21, 2015 3:07:39 PM -   #62 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

i stopped buying my ink from stahls as well.
ShirtGal likes this.

Old April 22nd, 2015 Apr 22, 2015 5:29:24 PM -   #63 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Thanks for the Stahls tip. That's exactly where my ink came from, all was well and now we're plugged up tight. I'll check the dates. Epson should be here Friday for repairs. Not even a year old machine.

Old April 23rd, 2015 Apr 23, 2015 3:20:45 AM -   #64 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Dan

Based on my experience I don't think the white ink issues are associated with a bad batch of ink, humidity or many of the other guesses that are circulating. Simply put, the issues are something with the design of the F2000 and the components that are used with the machine. We have had our machine since late July and are shutdown every 2-3 months due to this issue. Making changes to the support agreement does not help the issue because I am still going to be out of business for 2-3 days every couple of months which is very bad for my business. I should not have to purchase an additional machine, which seems to be the only way to ensure I can keep printing, because my F2000 has proven to be unreliable. I have requested that Epson schedule a tech every 2 months to replace my dampers and pumping station as a preventative measure to keep me in business. We will see what they say.
ShirtGal likes this.

Old April 24th, 2015 Apr 24, 2015 4:05:29 PM -   #65 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I called EZ and they said even with the clogged heads, keep printing if it looks ok. It was "okay" but not good. So I called Epson and they sent someone right out. I now have a new print head and a new CR Duct assembly as the print head alone didn't fix the problem. Epson also noted the wrong power cord was with the machine. Since EZ forgot to ship me one when I bought the machine, they said just go ahead and use any cord that fits - which we did - and crap, I'll be ordering a new cord tomorrow. Not happy that all this is happening on a new machine, or that we can plan on it happening again and again.

Old April 25th, 2015 Apr 25, 2015 9:43:44 AM -   #66 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakedts
Based on my experience I don't think the white ink issues are associated with a bad batch of ink, humidity or many of the other guesses that are circulating. Simply put, the issues are something with the design of the F2000 and the components that are used with the machine. We have had our machine since late July and are shutdown every 2-3 months due to this issue. Making changes to the support agreement does not help the issue because I am still going to be out of business for 2-3 days every couple of months which is very bad for my business. I should not have to purchase an additional machine, which seems to be the only way to ensure I can keep printing, because my F2000 has proven to be unreliable. I have requested that Epson schedule a tech every 2 months to replace my dampers and pumping station as a preventative measure to keep me in business. We will see what they say.
I was sold ink a few weeks ago that was packaged on "20131209" & does not expire till "20151009" so Yes this may not be a "bad batch" as far as dates go, but I promise you that this ink has not been getting shaken daily for the last 2+ years....
Stahls was totally out of white ink only 3-4 months ago, so this old batch they sold must have been sitting somewhere else, and if it wasnt at stahls it was with Epson, or a middle man between the 2, and again I promise you this ink was not getting shaken, which would make it extra thick and goopy, which would make it easier to clog in my opinion.

Again, this isnt about a bad batch, its about Epson, Stahls or somewhere inbetween improperly storing it for a long period of time.

The faulty design of the machine plays a part, but putting in extra goopy ink does not help at all, its the combo of both.

Lastly, I just purchased ink yesterday from the only other supplier around and the package and expire dates are "20150112" "20161112" so I am confused as to how 2 suppliers within 20 min of each other are selling ink with such different expiry date.

I am also confused as to how or where stahls gets ink from since they were just out of white ink a few months back yet are now selling what looks like the first batch ever made lol
Stahls is fully aware of every post on this forum as well, but there size is there gift and there curse, because DTG sales is barely a fraction of there total sales, so to think a few unhappy DTG customers would get there attention is a laugh, and exactly why we deal with Epson and not them.

Stahls is usless unless your looking to purchase a printer and never deal with anyone again, but if you want help afterwords, I would suggest going with a place like Equipment zone, belquette, or Neoflex (not in any specific order)
If you are in Canada, I would go with http://www.valuerite.com/

Last edited by Marc101; April 25th, 2015 at 09:59 AM..

Old April 25th, 2015 Apr 25, 2015 12:40:10 PM -   #67 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

well i started this thread exactly 2 months ago and no again we lose 2 white channels! so this will be the 4th time this has happened in almost 12 months! the techs will be here monday , all i can say ughhhhhhhhhh being down for 2-3 days is not good. And like others its almost as if you need another printer to be successful with the Epson as a back up

Old April 25th, 2015 Apr 25, 2015 4:22:03 PM -   #68 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Epson needs to sell white ink for less, I am sorry to say. How else can they justify the useless cleanings, especially the extra ones needed as the printer ages.
Color ink gives 0 problems, and white ink 100%, so they are selling a machine that is not equipped to even print the ink they are selling yet. Its one thing to buy some frankenstien DTG printer that is pieced together(no offence others) but if you are selling a 100% Epson branded machine, you would expect less problems.
The fact is Epson seems to have all the issues of any other DTG printer, but the downside of more expensive ink ? lol The upside is they will throw money into the problem(if you consider that a upside) but it will cost you in the end either way.

Old April 27th, 2015 Apr 27, 2015 1:08:25 AM -   #69 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Mark

I just came back from 8 days away from the F2000. Medium white head clean and all white channels good-to-go. Love this printer...

Edit: Just sayin'....
EricDeem and okprinter like this.

Last edited by Mammath; April 27th, 2015 at 01:16 AM..

The Following User Says Thank You to Mammath For This Useful Post:
EricDeem (April 27th, 2015)
Old April 27th, 2015 Apr 27, 2015 6:42:08 AM -   #70 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Eric Deem
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I know there have been many people that feel that Epson hasn't been as stable as they expected. From being in this DTG industry for 5 years now I can tell you without hesitation it is the one of if not the most stable machines on the market. Yes they have had problems and yes the ink is expensive compared to others but sleeping well at night knowing if there is an issue a tech will be there to fix it soon is valuble. Some people find this to me more valuable than others just as some people feel a 100K mile warranty is more valuable on a Kia than a 50K mile warranty is on twice as expensive Lexus.

I totally understand the loss in wages and down time when your printer isn't functioning at 100% but anyone that has owned a previous generation DTG printer and upgraded to the F2000 can't deny how strong of a printer it truly is. If you are just now getting into DTG and feel the Epson is not reliable...you shouldve been here a few years ago when getting 10 shirts to print in a row without error was a unicorn lol.

I am a HUGE fan of Epson's inks and while expensive, the washability and coverage is wonderful!! I have recommended the F2000 to many businesses and continue to recommend it to people everyday. Depending on your business model, budget and expectations it can be the perfect fit!! However there is really no "one size fits all" dtg printer out there (yet).

The Following User Says Thank You to EricDeem For This Useful Post:
scuba_steve2699 (April 30th, 2015)
Old April 27th, 2015 Apr 27, 2015 7:34:02 AM -   #71 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

From a business operators perspective, and someone that sells t shirts at a retail level for $20-30$ each US including shipping($2.50) I can tell you that once the warranty runs out, you wont be sleeping so well at night anymore, you will be having nightmares of the bills Epson will stick you with for your parts and service calls.

If I sell 500 T Shirts a month(around 15-16 a day) at $20 each, that is only 10k gross. Minus out overhead, labor, INK, and every other little cost you can think of & what is left ? NOTHINGGGGGGGGG You need to be selling minimum 700 T Shirts a month, and one person cannot market, and make everything themself to create 15-30 sales a day at a retail price point.

If you are selling large volume like 50-100-200+ t shirts of the same design in 1 batch you are making even less per shirt because you are now competing with screen printers, and other printers, and you need to print 2000-3000-4000+ shirts a month, which the Epson cannot even handle alone! so you are stuck in a weird position.

I am sorry to say, but the truth is the truth, and its time people are told straight up, if your business does not fit an exact model, your going to waste a lot of time and money.

I have like 6 different websites online selling various niche T Shirts at the highest price possible, and if you are not doing the same, I invite you to share with us how your turning a profit of more then 5k a month with 1 Epson printer.
I am inviting everyone to share. If people are so confident about the Epson, share your business model, and how fast you made your 15k or whatever you invested back.

Old April 27th, 2015 Apr 27, 2015 7:56:24 AM -   #72 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Geno
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Sounds to me like you are not just talking about the Epson F2000 but in fact you are talking about all DTG's.

Old April 27th, 2015 Apr 27, 2015 8:25:29 AM -   #73 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Eric Deem
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc101
From a business operators perspective, and someone that sells t shirts at a retail level for $20-30$ each US including shipping($2.50) I can tell you that once the warranty runs out, you wont be sleeping so well at night anymore, you will be having nightmares of the bills Epson will stick you with for your parts and service calls.

If I sell 500 T Shirts a month(around 15-16 a day) at $20 each, that is only 10k gross. Minus out overhead, labor, INK, and every other little cost you can think of & what is left ? NOTHINGGGGGGGGG You need to be selling minimum 700 T Shirts a month, and one person cannot market, and make everything themself to create 15-30 sales a day at a retail price point.

If you are selling large volume like 50-100-200+ t shirts of the same design in 1 batch you are making even less per shirt because you are now competing with screen printers, and other printers, and you need to print 2000-3000-4000+ shirts a month, which the Epson cannot even handle alone! so you are stuck in a weird position.

I am sorry to say, but the truth is the truth, and its time people are told straight up, if your business does not fit an exact model, your going to waste a lot of time and money.

I have like 6 different websites online selling various niche T Shirts at the highest price possible, and if you are not doing the same, I invite you to share with us how your turning a profit of more then 5k a month with 1 Epson printer.
I am inviting everyone to share. If people are so confident about the Epson, share your business model, and how fast you made your 15k or whatever you invested back.
The Epson can EASILY handle 10's of thousands of prints without any issues...some people have experienced more than others but to say it can't be done is completely wrong. Even thinking that you are in competition with screen printers is not the correct way to view the DTG industry. It's like saying that Ruth's Chris is in competition with Ponderossa...both sell steak right??

Will there be components that wear out on your DTG printer? Yes
Will there be components that wear out on your brand new car? Yes

Anything and everything mechanical has maintenance/consumable expenses associated to them. What's the difference??? The difference is that in 99% of cases, the F2000 printer will easily generate $10's of thousands of dollars in revenue prior to needing a major service. The cost to maintain vs the revenue generated from the printer should be negligible.

I have made over $15k in a single week with DTG on a single order. I have owned a retail brick and mortar along with an online fulfillment company. I wanted to average 50-100 shirts every single day. If you can produce 100 shirts a day constantly the F2000 should pay for itself within 30 days. I know of many MANY DTG users with dozens of printers in their facility..in fact the largest fulfillment company in the world has over 200 DTG printers in one location!

Finding your niche and making the most out of your market is the key to being successful with any garment decorating business. It's not like you can go out and buy a 20 color automatic press and instantly start obtaining printing contracts for Nike or something. It takes time, capital and a solid business plan to be successful at any decorating technique.

Most DTG'ers follow 1 of 3 or a combination of these business models:

1. Online Fulfillment - either your own sites or fulfillment for other sites / shops

2. Custom Clothing Brand - your own or someone elses name brand/private label

3. Retail - mall kiosks, small brick and mortar shop

Old April 27th, 2015 Apr 27, 2015 9:26:35 AM -   #74 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

According to Epson...........Regarding this issue, the white ink itself has a self-dispersing particle, which allows it to have a two year shelf life.
When in storage, it does not need to be shaken. The reason ink is shaken when installed in the printer is to ensure even pigment distribution and white ink density.

The Following User Says Thank You to Stahls042013 For This Useful Post:
scuba_steve2699 (April 30th, 2015)
Old April 27th, 2015 Apr 27, 2015 8:28:53 PM -   #75 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekay317
I know there have been many people that feel that Epson hasn't been as stable as they expected. From being in this DTG industry for 5 years now I can tell you without hesitation it is the one of if not the most stable machines on the market. Yes they have had problems and yes the ink is expensive compared to others but sleeping well at night knowing if there is an issue a tech will be there to fix it soon is valuble. Some people find this to me more valuable than others just as some people feel a 100K mile warranty is more valuable on a Kia than a 50K mile warranty is on twice as expensive Lexus.

I totally understand the loss in wages and down time when your printer isn't functioning at 100% but anyone that has owned a previous generation DTG printer and upgraded to the F2000 can't deny how strong of a printer it truly is. If you are just now getting into DTG and feel the Epson is not reliable...you shouldve been here a few years ago when getting 10 shirts to print in a row without error was a unicorn lol.

I am a HUGE fan of Epson's inks and while expensive, the washability and coverage is wonderful!! I have recommended the F2000 to many businesses and continue to recommend it to people everyday. Depending on your business model, budget and expectations it can be the perfect fit!! However there is really no "one size fits all" dtg printer out there (yet).
well said!!! i researched for years before even thinking of getting into DTG and i can say the Epson is miles ahead of other printers. Every time the machine does go down the techs fix it and epson asks no questions. Now with the extended warranty revised i cant and wont buy another printer but an epson. Things will get better and they already have is what im hearing.

This is a discussion about Guess what ... down again :( that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in