Guess what ... down again :( - Page 3 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

Guess what ... down again :(

Like Tree61Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old March 4th, 2015 Mar 4, 2015 9:01:28 AM -   #31 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Dan
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Guess what ... down again :(

Add to the wishlist....
Figure out the root cause of the issue that is consistently occurring and resolve it so we won't need to replace the same parts every 3 months
Lower ink prices
Jmelwak likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 4th, 2015 Mar 4, 2015 10:02:15 AM -   #32 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

agreed, if they cant figure this out in the next couple of months when my warranty is out i will move on to something else. Too bad.... this printer prints amazing and so easy to use but when costs outweigh profit there is no point. Just imagine the costs of 3-4 print heads a year and then having techs install them as well. $$$$$ buy another DTG printer just from that cost alone !

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakedts
Add to the wishlist....
Figure out the root cause of the issue that is consistently occurring and resolve it so we won't need to replace the same parts every 3 months
Lower ink prices

Old March 5th, 2015 Mar 5, 2015 7:46:20 AM -   #33 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

so after speaking to numerous managers there is nothing they will do at this point, i would suggest anyone who is thinking about purchasing an epson DO NOT! they could care less about their customers over there. No help what so ever. This is my experience and im sure im not the only one that this will pop up very soon with others.

Old March 5th, 2015 Mar 5, 2015 8:37:13 AM -   #34 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

I will contact the reseller that I purchased my printer from and ask that they put pressure on Epson. Any reputable dealer will not want to represent a product that will not perform as advertised. When the sales stop perhaps Epson will listen and resolve these issues.

The Following User Says Thank You to bakedts For This Useful Post:
clippernate34 (March 9th, 2015)
Old March 5th, 2015 Mar 5, 2015 8:59:43 AM -   #35 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Quote:
I will contact the reseller that I purchased my printer from and ask that they put pressure on Epson. Any reputable dealer will not want to represent a product that will not perform as advertised. When the sales stop perhaps Epson will listen and resolve these issues.
that might be our only hope, we should get as many people having issues that we are having together and do this. it really needs to happen, im in need of a second or maybe even third printer and im pretty sure it wont be an epson.... i just think they are too big to care about the small guy

Old March 5th, 2015 Mar 5, 2015 9:21:01 AM -   #36 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

So I just got a phone call from Epson based on a message I sent to a higher up at the company. They are changing the maintenance recommendations which they believe will minimize this issue. The main changes they are now recommending are cleaning the pump station cap daily and clean around head daily. They believe that the issues are based on the thickness of the white ink and by cleaning it daily they feel it will eliminate the possibility of build up.

They also assured me that they will be flexible with the warranty based on the customers history of maintenance and service calls. So I recommend following and documenting the maintenance you are doing on your printer so you have records if needed.

We have started the daily cleaning routines so we should know in 3 months if it is working. They seemed genuine in their desire to support the product for their customers over the long haul. Time will tell.

The Following User Says Thank You to bakedts For This Useful Post:
ASID Clothing (March 5th, 2015)
Old March 5th, 2015 Mar 5, 2015 9:27:57 AM -   #37 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Quote:
So I just got a phone call from Epson based on a message I sent to a higher up at the company. They are changing the maintenance recommendations which they believe will minimize this issue. The main changes they are now recommending are cleaning the pump station cap daily and clean around head daily. They believe that the issues are based on the thickness of the white ink and by cleaning it daily they feel it will eliminate the possibility of build up.

They also assured me that they will be flexible with the warranty based on the customers history of maintenance and service calls. So I recommend following and documenting the maintenance you are doing on your printer so you have records if needed.

We have started the daily cleaning routines so we should know in 3 months if it is working. They seemed genuine in their desire to support the product for their customers over the long haul. Time will tell.
That is interesting, that is what Resolute DTG do for their printers.

Old March 5th, 2015 Mar 5, 2015 9:46:36 AM -   #38 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

still does not solve the issue though. i was cleaning it daily after the 2nd head , still same issue for me.

I will have to get something in writing from them basically stating how flexible the warranty is....

The Following User Says Thank You to Jmelwak For This Useful Post:
NZACO (March 5th, 2015)
Old March 5th, 2015 Mar 5, 2015 11:45:58 AM -   #39 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Ryan

Wow, I feel bad for those of you going through the issues. I'm approaching the 3 month point, and though I haven't ran my machine near as much as you guys do, it's still a bit unnerving.

I have found my machine to be very inconsistent with white printing, from one shirt to the next in the same order. Best of luck to you all

Old March 5th, 2015 Mar 5, 2015 12:05:35 PM -   #40 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Boguslaw
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by allamerican
My wish lists
1. Dealers can service support with Parts.
2. Dealers took over warranty part.
3. Dealers provide proper training to end user.
4. Warranty extend more than 3yrs.
5. Anything else?
Cheers! Beers are on me always.
And this is how it should be done from day one from the launch of their printer. I just cannot grasp in my head how I can sell product without having responsibility over it.

I remember 8 yeras ago I wanted to get serious about wide fromat printing. There were like 30 dealers for Mimaki, Mutoh and Roland.

And each brand had only one service center with 1-2 tech. Dealers were only for selling. One big cattle farm and tons of supemarkets.

I really can imagine how crappy comapnies like AA, EZ or Belquette must feel when they know more about the product their are selling then Epson techs but still cant touch anything.

Old March 7th, 2015 Mar 7, 2015 2:33:22 PM -   #41 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Mark

What would be good to know is total sales of the F2000 and numbers of printers with these issues. Maybe there's just a few lemons out there in the market?

Or maybe this printer is only suited to those print shops knocking out a few thousand prints per annum, and the F2000 simply isn't suitable for high volume print shops.

I totally understand your decision to move away from Epson given your issues. I would do the same. I'd be interested to know what you're considering replacing it with if that will be the case? What were you using previously? Was that unit trouble free?

Old March 8th, 2015 Mar 8, 2015 8:21:35 AM -   #42 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammath
What would be good to know is total sales of the F2000 and numbers of printers with these issues. Maybe there's just a few lemons out there in the market?

Or maybe this printer is only suited to those print shops knocking out a few thousand prints per annum, and the F2000 simply isn't suitable for high volume print shops.

I totally understand your decision to move away from Epson given your issues. I would do the same. I'd be interested to know what you're considering replacing it with if that will be the case? What were you using previously? Was that unit trouble free?
im working with someone to figure this out over there, im trying to get them to either extend the warranty or at least if i purchase the extended warranty they become a bit more flexible with the amount of heads per year because this is something that i cannot afford to replace 4 times a year!

i will be getting the new neoflex by end of month as a back up

Old March 10th, 2015 Mar 10, 2015 6:54:06 AM -   #43 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Having the same problems .. first channel 3/4 of white didnt work, now the white channels keep falling out every 7-8 shirts. Had my printhead changed twice, pumpstation once and waiting for the techs to show up tomorrow for a printhead change again.
Feels pretty hopeless when trying to run a business and having to depend on the printer working.
And all thoose problems is costing alot of ink, running headcleans and nozzle checks every 15 minutes is really expensive and a huge waste.
Really hoping Epson takes this problem serious and try to find a solution.. because it must be pretty expensive for the too changing printheads and sending out techs for every sold unit.

Old March 10th, 2015 Mar 10, 2015 7:33:18 AM -   #44 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Roy

for those that are having the print head issues, have a couple of thoughts/questions?

I have only about 4000 prints on my machine so far, so have not hit that 10,000 number yet..
the Epson F2000 seems to be a very enclosed environment once the shirt is loaded

1. do you check the humidity in the room or inside the printer close to the print head or platen?
...I have one monitor in the room and another monitor on the platen base under the shirt
...my humidity runs within a couple degrees outside and inside the printer...between 50% and 60%
2. do you monitor the humidity 24hrs per day?
...I have been looking at trying to get a monitor that will track my humidity
3. do you monitor temperature 24hrs per day?
...I have a temperature/humidity monitor outside the printer and one on the platen base inside the printer ( would like to find a monitor tracking for 24 hrs per day that will keep the history)
...my temperature runs between 65 and 75 degree F
4. do you take the shirt directly from the heat press from curing the pretreatment, load it on the platen, then print?
...I am using Epson pretreat, hang dry, then press for 20 seconds before printing, but do this in batches, so the shirts are normally cool when I print on them. I have noticed the few times when I get in a hurry and take the shirts from the heat press directly to the printer, that my temperature inside the printer starts climbing and my humidity drops...

just interested in your thoughts and processes...

Old March 10th, 2015 Mar 10, 2015 9:11:32 AM -   #45 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Kai

We are experiencing the same problem now, for the first six months we had no issues with the white ink.

Now the white channels won't work properly and running the cleaning cycles doesn't help much. Often after the test results have become better after multiple cleanings and we are doing a more thorough cleaning the white ink actually comes out even worse again - doesn't make much sense...

Even when things seem to be ok enough for printing the white channels are clogged during the first print.

This really sucks, have contacted Epson who told me they are not responsible, hopefully our dealer will know what to do before this impacts our business.

This is a discussion about Guess what ... down again :( that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in