Circuit Error D197 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

Circuit Error D197

Like Tree7Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old January 7th, 2015 Jan 7, 2015 6:24:43 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Brandon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Circuit Error D197

Hi everyone

I decided finally to post about a problem I had happen to be with both my Epson F2000s.

Randomly, I started to experience "circuit error D197" on my first epson, after 4 months of use. A technician came, fixed it, it worked fine for a bit.

On my second Epson, I experienced, once again "circuit error D197", after only having the machine for about 2 months. A technician came, on 3 different occasions and could not fix my machine. My machine was not able to be repaired, and is now finally being replaced.

Now, my first Epson is again experiencing the circuit error... a technician comes to fix it, only making my machine useless and officially out of operation.

Now, what I would like to know is, has anyone experienced this error? I have not read anyone on the forums or have heard of any individual who have experienced it. If you have, please let me know how long after purchasing the machine did you experience it and was the technician able to fix it?

Please share your experience in detail. I am curious. Why? Because this error has caused my new starting business of only a little over one year, to lose many orders over the holidays, loss of clients, loss of profit. So i would like to please know if this error has happened to anyone else, so I can fully understand more situations and what Epson did to help your specific occasion.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 24th, 2015 Jan 24, 2015 11:06:18 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Default Re: Circuit Error D197

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASID Clothing
Hi everyone

I decided finally to post about a problem I had happen to be with both my Epson F2000s.

Randomly, I started to experience "circuit error D197" on my first epson, after 4 months of use. A technician came, fixed it, it worked fine for a bit.

On my second Epson, I experienced, once again "circuit error D197", after only having the machine for about 2 months. A technician came, on 3 different occasions and could not fix my machine. My machine was not able to be repaired, and is now finally being replaced.

Now, my first Epson is again experiencing the circuit error... a technician comes to fix it, only making my machine useless and officially out of operation.

Now, what I would like to know is, has anyone experienced this error? I have not read anyone on the forums or have heard of any individual who have experienced it. If you have, please let me know how long after purchasing the machine did you experience it and was the technician able to fix it?

Please share your experience in detail. I am curious. Why? Because this error has caused my new starting business of only a little over one year, to lose many orders over the holidays, loss of clients, loss of profit. So i would like to please know if this error has happened to anyone else, so I can fully understand more situations and what Epson did to help your specific occasion.

Thanks in advance
I get the same crap.

Old January 24th, 2015 Jan 24, 2015 7:23:16 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus30
I get the same crap.
When did yours begin to do it?

I have since had the problem fixed finally.

Old January 24th, 2015 Jan 24, 2015 10:43:11 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mine started a few days ago. What was your solution?

Old January 25th, 2015 Jan 25, 2015 8:45:39 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus30
Mine started a few days ago. What was your solution?
Least somebody commented and actually experienced the error too. What RIP do you use?

Epson attempted to say it was the RIP I use since it happened on both my printers, but that has been ruled out.

My solution: tech came to try and fix it 3 times (printer I purchased in october). It couldn't be fixed, I was told the mother board or some board was corrupt. Epson ultimately replaced my entire unit, but this took a month to get replaced since this happened in December and there was apparently a shortage of printers. So i was down for a bit.

Then on my second printer (purchased in May), I had the error in september but a tech fixed it. Then It came back around christmas time, tech tried to fix, and he couldn't and it was replaced as well.

Usually when the tech comes to fix the circuit error, it gets worse and becomes more frequent. Then I start to experience carriage errors. and even one time my printer stopped printing ink.

So if your printer is still under warranty, and the printer is deemed unfixable by the tech and epson after a couple times, the unit should be replaced completely.

Old January 25th, 2015 Jan 25, 2015 8:49:01 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I am using NeoRip 2000. How did they rule out the rip?

Old January 26th, 2015 Jan 26, 2015 5:04:41 AM -   #7 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jerid
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,122 Times in 788 Posts

Brandon, I've seen this before and had talked to EPSON about it in the past. They had said in almost all cases they were aware of, it was because the printer and heat press (or other high current equipment) were on the same circuit. It's a data transmission error.

Old January 27th, 2015 Jan 27, 2015 11:05:15 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

I use the neorip as well.

To Jerid: In my office my heat presses are on their own separate 20 AMP, and I never connect the printer to the same outlet as these. They actually never advised me about anything like this.

I was told that something in my printer was corrupt instead of your explanation

Old January 28th, 2015 Jan 28, 2015 12:23:39 AM -   #9 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Houston

I also had this error and followed Jerids instructions hooked f2000 to dedicated outlet it appears the problem worked out tis been 3 weeks. Hope they get you running.

Old January 28th, 2015 Jan 28, 2015 4:40:16 AM -   #10 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Brandon, it seems strange to me that you would have the same issue with two different printers. I've only seen this once and it was with Houston (mrbigz). If it were me, I would trace the outlet to see what kind of amperage it is and what all is on that circuit. It may not be heat presses, but if it's sharing with something else with a larger draw and/or the breaker is weak, I could see this happening.

Old January 28th, 2015 Jan 28, 2015 4:55:59 AM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I called Epson about this. They made no mention that I needed a dedicated circuit. They did schedule a technician and at the same time sent some circuit boards for the tech to replace without having seen the printer. It seems to me that if it were a known power issue they would have explored that possibility first.

If you are correct they are not informing the techs out in the field.

Old January 28th, 2015 Jan 28, 2015 5:06:23 AM -   #12 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

I had asked the Product Manager for the F2000 and this is what I was told. If there is more, then I'm sure it is being explored. I definitely don't want to cause confusion, so I'll let the experts at EPSON handle it, I was more or less passing on information that I had acquired at the time.

Old January 28th, 2015 Jan 28, 2015 5:36:16 AM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I'm not saying you are wrong by any means, you are probably spot on. I am just saying they are not informing the field techs. My point was that they feel the easiest way was to swap out parts without even diagnosing the true issue. JeridHill, I can't tell you how much your input is appreciated. I would hate to try and run my business without having the support of members of forums such as this.
idiver likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pegasus30 For This Useful Post:
JeridHill (January 28th, 2015)
Old January 28th, 2015 Jan 28, 2015 6:03:53 AM -   #14 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

No worries, I didn't take it that way. I just wanted to make sure I don't give out misinformation.

Old January 28th, 2015 Jan 28, 2015 7:48:15 AM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Okay great. I will be sure to make sure my new printers aren't on the same line with a bunch of other appliances, even if they are small. Hopefully this will make sure that my new printers never experience this problem.

Epson did not make me aware of this at all but I am very thankful that someone actually shared some insight on this with us, since many few users ever experience this problem!

This is a discussion about Circuit Error D197 that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in