Circuit Error D197 - Page 4 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

Circuit Error D197

Like Tree7Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old October 31st, 2016 Oct 31, 2016 6:37:12 PM -   #46 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Circuit Error D197

Hi everybody, we had our epson SC-f2000 since september 2016 (19th) and today this circuit error D197 appear, when we lanch the impression it stop by itself and the error D197 appear.
At the moment we can't reach the retailer because they're in France and we're in French Polynesia (12 hours jet lag), i'll tell you as soon as possible what the tech 'll tell us.

Also he sent us a new update last week, this update is supposing to save white ink during cleaning but we tried to update the epson via the software "remote panel 2" but nothing works !!! Do you have any idea ?

Thank you everyone for your help

Simon & Laurence

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 31st, 2016 Oct 31, 2016 6:39:41 PM -   #47 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Hi everybody, we had our epson SC-f2000 since september 2016 (19th) and today this circuit error D197 appear, when we lanch the impression it stop by itself and the error D197 appear.
At the moment we can't reach the retailer because they're in France and we're in French Polynesia (12 hours jet lag), i'll tell you as soon as possible what the tech 'll tell us.

Also he sent us a new update last week, this update is supposing to save white ink during cleaning but we tried to update the epson via the software "remote panel 2" but nothing works !!! Do you have any idea ?

Simon & Laurence

Old October 31st, 2016 Oct 31, 2016 6:43:01 PM -   #48 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus30
Mine started a few days ago. What was your solution?

Simon & Laurence

Old October 31st, 2016 Oct 31, 2016 6:43:59 PM -   #49 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASID Clothing
Hi everyone

I decided finally to post about a problem I had happen to be with both my Epson F2000s.

Randomly, I started to experience "circuit error D197" on my first epson, after 4 months of use. A technician came, fixed it, it worked fine for a bit.

On my second Epson, I experienced, once again "circuit error D197", after only having the machine for about 2 months. A technician came, on 3 different occasions and could not fix my machine. My machine was not able to be repaired, and is now finally being replaced.

Now, my first Epson is again experiencing the circuit error... a technician comes to fix it, only making my machine useless and officially out of operation.

Now, what I would like to know is, has anyone experienced this error? I have not read anyone on the forums or have heard of any individual who have experienced it. If you have, please let me know how long after purchasing the machine did you experience it and was the technician able to fix it?

Please share your experience in detail. I am curious. Why? Because this error has caused my new starting business of only a little over one year, to lose many orders over the holidays, loss of clients, loss of profit. So i would like to please know if this error has happened to anyone else, so I can fully understand more situations and what Epson did to help your specific occasion.

Thanks in advance

Simon & Laurence

Old October 31st, 2016 Oct 31, 2016 6:47:25 PM -   #50 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeridHill
Brandon, I've seen this before and had talked to EPSON about it in the past. They had said in almost all cases they were aware of, it was because the printer and heat press (or other high current equipment) were on the same circuit. It's a data transmission error.
Hi Jeridhill, we had our epson SC-f2000 since september 2016 (19th) and today (31rd of October) this circuit error D197 appear, when we lanched the impression it stop by itself and the error D197 appear.

Thank you for your help

Simon & Laurence

Old November 1st, 2016 Nov 1, 2016 5:23:13 AM -   #51 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jerid
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,122 Times in 788 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurencevaitape
Hi Jeridhill, we had our epson SC-f2000 since september 2016 (19th) and today (31rd of October) this circuit error D197 appear, when we lanched the impression it stop by itself and the error D197 appear.

Thank you for your help

Simon & Laurence
It's hard to say. What Epson's first claims of this issue were turned out to not be the solution to others. You will need to contact Epson and have them give you the solution. I believe someone else needed a board replaced.

Old April 25th, 2018 Apr 25, 2018 10:26:36 AM -   #52 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Patrick

So I too have had this D197 Circuit Error, but from reading the posts I think this is a solved issue. I was running my Epson f2000 from one outlet and then from another I had my heat press running. I turned off the heat press and tried to run the print again and has been working without issue now. I am hoping that this is the solution to the problem and will post again when I know more. From the looks of it, the circuit error is being caused because too much power is being drawn from the circuit breaker causing the Epson to not be able to run properly.

Old April 26th, 2018 Apr 26, 2018 4:33:55 AM -   #53 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Harry
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Thanked 1,075 Times in 922 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwil
So I too have had this D197 Circuit Error, but from reading the posts I think this is a solved issue. I was running my Epson f2000 from one outlet and then from another I had my heat press running. I turned off the heat press and tried to run the print again and has been working without issue now. I am hoping that this is the solution to the problem and will post again when I know more. From the looks of it, the circuit error is being caused because too much power is being drawn from the circuit breaker causing the Epson to not be able to run properly.

We always recommend running a heat press on a separate circuit from the one you have your direct to garment printer plugged into.

Also - very important - make sure you plug your printer into a good surge protector to protect it from any electrical issues. A $5 'surge protector' from Home Depot will not provide protection. Don't skimp on this - get a quality unit.

_

Old April 26th, 2018 Apr 26, 2018 5:22:42 AM -   #54 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Patrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by equipmentzone
We always recommend running a heat press on a separate circuit from the one you have your direct to garment printer plugged into.

Also - very important - make sure you plug your printer into a good surge protector to protect it from any electrical issues. A $5 'surge protector' from Home Depot will not provide protection. Don't skimp on this - get a quality unit.

_
Surge protector was never an issue we went out and bought a nice one just for the equipment, just running the heat press on the same circuit as the DTG. This draws too much power and doesnt allow the printer to have the power necessary for it to be able to continue printing.

Old April 26th, 2018 Apr 26, 2018 8:59:14 AM -   #55 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Geno
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Your circuit breaker for that room may be too big for the amperage draw that your equipment is pulling through it. It should be tripping. I had this issue in my shop running two printers and two heat presses and a pretreat machine. I had an electrician come in and run a dedicated line and outlet. Took him about an hour and for around $150 it was money very well spent.

Old May 31st, 2018 May 31, 2018 2:36:04 PM -   #56 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

We've had our F2000 in service for 10 months and got our first D197 error today. The second error came about an hour later on the same project. Called Epson Support and was told that the vast majority of times this occurs is related to cleaning the scale. I mentioned that we've been cleaning the scale according to the directions. Support said that the normal procedure of cleaning only the portion to the left of the print head is insufficient and that the right side needs to be cleaned as well. To do this, you must put the printer in "clean around the head" mode to move it to the center. We did this and have not had any additional issues so far.

I've seen some discussion here about using (or not) a UPS (uninterruptible power supply) with the printer. The printer only draws 60W (1 amp) of power so, you don't need a dedicated circuit for it though, you should do this for the heat press(s). The advantages of using a UPS are numerous. They can protect against low or high line voltage, out of phase conditions (rare) as well as spike/surges. But, one of the best advantages is being able to finish the print if you have a power outage. Even a small 1400VA UPS will supply power to the printer for over 30 minutes, allowing for a controlled shut-down. We have a UPS on every sensitive piece of equipment in our shop including the embroidery machines, cutters and all computers. it's a small investment considering the value of our equipment and our time. Thinking an internal fuse will help is flat out wrong. Fuses are to protect wiring from overloading/heating and nothing else.

Old July 24th, 2018 Jul 24, 2018 1:53:06 AM -   #57 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

i solve the problem in less than 1$ it take me 3 month but it work like magik
you can mail me at [email protected] and i write for you back

Old July 24th, 2018 Jul 24, 2018 1:53:24 AM -   #58 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

i solve the problem in less than 1$ it take me 3 month but it work like magik
you can mail me at [email protected] and i write for you back

Old July 24th, 2018 Jul 24, 2018 8:59:46 AM -   #59 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Geno
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

WTF??? Why not talk about here? Isn't that what forums are all about? Geez! (scammer I'd say)
Uz27 likes this.

Old July 24th, 2018 Jul 24, 2018 9:14:16 AM -   #60 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Hey everyone after 3 month of D197 EROR i solve the problem FOR ME with alcohol
what i did is cleaning the scale with alcohol!!
1.turn off the printer
2.take alcohol and clean the scale be careful with that
3.dry it without living trace or fingerprint
4.turn on and smile!!!
ITS WORK FOR ME LIKE NEW ONE AND EVEN BETTER

This is a discussion about Circuit Error D197 that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in