Down again 2nd time within a month - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

Down again 2nd time within a month

Like Tree20Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old December 19th, 2014 Dec 19, 2014 10:14:48 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Down again 2nd time within a month

All i can say is how much i love how this printer prints. But At this point this is the 2nd time in one month we are down from printing and Epson parts are on back order. Same damn issue prints 4-5 shirts and 2 channels drop out!

Now correct me if im wrong but 2 heads in 30 days wtf! not acceptable! I maintain this printer like no other!!! i have humidity and i print 6 freaking days a week 8-10 hours a day! Now our busiest time of the year and no techs until maybe monday after a call yesterday! This is just unacceptable and if this happens again i will say bye bye to epson and hello kornit or something more reliable! I really thought this printer would be more reliable and now im beginning to think otherwise! Never one issue and 7 months later this!

end rant!

The Following User Says Thank You to Jmelwak For This Useful Post:
allamerican (December 20th, 2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 19th, 2014 Dec 19, 2014 10:26:14 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Default Re: Down again 2nd time within a month

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmelwak
All i can say is how much i love how this printer prints. But At this point this is the 2nd time in one month we are down from printing and Epson parts are on back order. Same damn issue prints 4-5 shirts and 2 channels drop out!

Now correct me if im wrong but 2 heads in 30 days wtf! not acceptable! I maintain this printer like no other!!! i have humidity and i print 6 freaking days a week 8-10 hours a day! Now our busiest time of the year and no techs until maybe monday after a call yesterday! This is just unacceptable and if this happens again i will say bye bye to epson and hello kornit or something more reliable! I really thought this printer would be more reliable and now im beginning to think otherwise! Never one issue and 7 months later this!

end rant!
Hi Sir,

Sorry to hear about you problem. I just wanted to know what kind of printer are you using.

Thanks

Old December 19th, 2014 Dec 19, 2014 10:26:43 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

the epson f2000

Old December 19th, 2014 Dec 19, 2014 10:40:20 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
the epson f2000
Oh :s, well I am in the middle to chose GT381 or F2000,

What is exactly the problem with this print head, for how long do you have the printer

Old December 19th, 2014 Dec 19, 2014 10:54:14 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

month ago they replaced head, dampers, capping station. was working fine for 7 months until then, and now yesterday same issues print a couple shirts and 2 white channels drop. just been frustrated as this is our busy time and i have tons of orders to go out.... not happy with the parts being on back order a second time, the first time same ****, parts on back order. reason i bought was for support and 24 hour turnaround time which i know now is a lie. if it was 24 hours service time they would have parts in stock which they do not.

Old December 19th, 2014 Dec 19, 2014 11:05:14 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
month ago they replaced head, dampers, capping station. was working fine for 7 months until then, and now yesterday same issues print a couple shirts and 2 white channels drop. just been frustrated as this is our busy time and i have tons of orders to go out.... not happy with the parts being on back order a second time, the first time same ****, parts on back order. reason i bought was for support and 24 hour turnaround time which i know now is a lie. if it was 24 hours service time they would have parts in stock which they do not.
They changed head, dampers, capping station and white is clogged?!!! Relay I was going to buy F2000 or GT 381 but you are changing my mind about F2000, why is this happening to you , did they tell you ? Also did you change buy your self the parts or the epson supporter came to you?

Sorry for asking you all the question but I want to know what to buy?

Old December 19th, 2014 Dec 19, 2014 11:13:51 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

no worries im not going to sugar coat anything this is coming from a real user, me. They never told me why it happened they just sent out techs , no phone support at all they just came and replaced it all. Worked fine for less than 30 days and now same thing. so take it how you want it, for me its frustrating to have this as i never had one issue before until this last month. And again i print 8-10 hours a day for 6 days a week the printer does not sit for more than a day.

oh yea and i have about 15k prints on this machine and i have hear upwards of heads lasting for 100k prints, i could be wrong but that seems very little prints for this to happen!

Old December 19th, 2014 Dec 19, 2014 11:24:20 AM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
no worries im not going to sugar coat anything this is coming from a real user, me. They never told me why it happened they just sent out techs , no phone support at all they just came and replaced it all. Worked fine for less than 30 days and now same thing. so take it how you want it, for me its frustrating to have this as i never had one issue before until this last month. And again i print 8-10 hours a day for 6 days a week the printer does not sit for more than a day.

oh yea and i have about 15k prints on this machine and i have hear upwards of heads lasting for 100k prints, i could be wrong but that seems very little prints for this to happen!
Relay Sorry about this. Hope you service as soon as possible. But I am hardly buying F2000 now. Also I just received 2 samples of tshirt from Epson retail in Croatia and 2 other tshirt from GT381 retail from Germany.

In my case Epson have better quality printed, even though I have to wash them many times and see the quality design again.

Old December 19th, 2014 Dec 19, 2014 11:29:54 AM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

i did same , i now epson quality is awesome my customers love the shirts. so soft and wash awesome! but if this is what reliability i have to deal with im second guessing myself , will let you know what they say, or what they dont say for that matter.

Old December 19th, 2014 Dec 19, 2014 2:56:18 PM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Brandon

I was in the same boat you were in.

I have two Epsons. One, the older one purchased when it just came out, started dropping two white channels. The parts were on back order and I didnt get a fix for a week.

My second printer, purchased only two months ago is completely out of commission, but Epson is handling it accordingly.

I do not know how they manage to be behind on parts but I can agree that it is unacceptable. A better job should be done. I have about as many prints as you do on the first one I have so I do know the issues. I just hope things are better in the future.

This is why I may possibly be looking into purchasing a printer that can be fixed by myself with parts. The epsons are great, but having one printer at least that can keep going in a moments notice is good to have. So my 3rd printer purchase will most likely be that, or if someone is for some reason selling an Epson.

Old December 19th, 2014 Dec 19, 2014 3:04:20 PM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASID Clothing
I was in the same boat you were in.

I have two Epsons. One, the older one purchased when it just came out, started dropping two white channels. The parts were on back order and I didnt get a fix for a week.

My second printer, purchased only two months ago is completely out of commission, but Epson is handling it accordingly.

I do not know how they manage to be behind on parts but I can agree that it is unacceptable. A better job should be done. I have about as many prints as you do on the first one I have so I do know the issues. I just hope things are better in the future.

This is why I may possibly be looking into purchasing a printer that can be fixed by myself with parts. The epsons are great, but having one printer at least that can keep going in a moments notice is good to have. So my 3rd printer purchase will most likely be that, or if someone is for some reason selling an Epson.
well at least im not the only one going crazy!! May i ask what rip or if any you are using? thanks! it is unacceptable and i will be taking this further with Epson!!!

Old December 19th, 2014 Dec 19, 2014 4:12:24 PM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Brandon

Quote:
well at least im not the only one going crazy!! May i ask what rip or if any you are using? thanks! it is unacceptable and i will be taking this further with Epson!!!
Yep you are not the only one ha. Actually my second printer, the white dropped out as well, but it just completely does not work anymore due to an error so the print head and capping station etc was never replaced. So another alternative is being taken into consideration for it.

I use the RIP From All American. Which do you use?

Old December 19th, 2014 Dec 19, 2014 4:20:06 PM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

ok cool yeah same rip... i just dont understand whats causing this? dampers? i dont think its the head because the channels come back after a cleaning but then drop out. maybe dampers , i have no idea but its pissing me off not able to do anything just sitting here waiting .... losing money on top of that!

Old December 19th, 2014 Dec 19, 2014 4:39:36 PM -   #14 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Boguslaw
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

I bet that if users and dealers had more control over the servicing process then those problems would be pinpointed faster then Epson can do it.

Old December 19th, 2014 Dec 19, 2014 5:25:23 PM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

well i think i found the culprit. the motor for the rolling unit seems to be bad or going bad. Does anyone know if the roller should be moving super slow when it rolls the head? sometimes i noticed it didnt even roll at all maybe it was jammed or its going bad... will have to let epson know about this

This is a discussion about Down again 2nd time within a month that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in