Down again 2nd time within a month - Page 4 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

Down again 2nd time within a month

Like Tree20Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old January 24th, 2015 Jan 24, 2015 7:09:49 PM -   #46 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Magical Ink Curing Time Claims..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc101
When everyone posts cure times here, they post for 2 different variables, 1 in which color ink is simply used, and another where color ink is used with a white underbase.

Nowhere did I see anyone make a claim that they could cure a t shirt for only 30 seconds with a white ink underbase, not even myself made that claim. I stated I could go as low as 50 seconds with a dark shirt/white ink, but it depended on the design & amount of ink used.

Why would anyone agree to do a "dark print" and cure it for 30 seconds for you, when no one claimed it could be done ?? Unless I missed something ??

cheers

I was generalizing between all brands I tried. With different PTs and cure times. Not off any claim you made personally. Sorry the confusion...

This was one of them, and getting a strong enough cure in 00:30 secs was part of the dialogue in the Video. Technically, you only missed this video: Firebird Ink 30 Second Cure

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 25th, 2015 Jan 25, 2015 2:07:34 PM -   #47 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

[Who cares] about your costs vs ours everyone has their own market and that doesn't pertain to anyone's success or failure I been paying for Epson ink for over 8 months and like any other dtg printer they all have quirks. As long as my customers keep coming back and I'm making a profit that's enough for me to keep this printer and paying a premium for Ink does not bother me one bit. When white keeps flowing I'm making $$$$
Mammath likes this.

Last edited by Rodney; January 30th, 2015 at 01:24 PM.. Reason: removed offensive language

Old January 26th, 2015 Jan 26, 2015 6:50:34 AM -   #48 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Eric Deem
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Default Re: Down again 2nd time within a month

1. Aftermarket ink is NOT on the market for the F2000 at this time, so even discussing such things are irrelevant.

2. Epson's Ink is some of the best I have ever seen. The washability and coverage is 2nd to none. Is it expensive? Yes. But you are not paying for just ink...you are paying for the tech support and service plan that go along with an amazingly reliable machine in reality.

3. Using a 3rd party RIP software will greatly help maximize the ink and printer capabilities.

Now can we get back on topic - John, has the printer been working well since Epson repaired it?
Mammath likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to EricDeem For This Useful Post:
okprinter (January 26th, 2015)

Old January 26th, 2015 Jan 26, 2015 7:07:54 AM -   #49 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Yea it's been printing ever since no issues like new.
EricDeem and Mammath like this.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jmelwak For This Useful Post:
EricDeem (January 26th, 2015)
Old January 26th, 2015 Jan 26, 2015 7:20:17 AM -   #50 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Carol

I am sorry you are having these issues. But thank you for bringing this reality to light. It gives me something to consider before purchasing a printer.

The Following User Says Thank You to custom23 For This Useful Post:
ghostofmedusa (January 29th, 2015)
Old January 26th, 2015 Jan 26, 2015 7:38:31 AM -   #51 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Eric Deem
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by custom23
I am sorry you are having these issues. But thank you for bringing this reality to light. It gives me something to consider before purchasing a printer.
From my many years of experience in the DTG industry - the Epson F2000 is one of the most if not the most reliable, easy to use printers on the market.
Mammath likes this.

Old January 26th, 2015 Jan 26, 2015 11:59:39 PM -   #52 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekay317
From my many years of experience in the DTG industry - the Epson F2000 is one of the most if not the most reliable, easy to use printers on the market.
Agree.

The F2000 isn't a toy, it's a work horse... so sh*t happens.

Epson have always played an integral role in the DTG evolution. The F2000, combined with Epson ink tech' and their GC RIP, is second to none in terms of ease of use producing high quality textile reproductions.

And that's just the beginning...

Good to hear you're back on track and banging out the shirts John.

Last edited by Mammath; January 27th, 2015 at 12:06 AM..

Old January 29th, 2015 Jan 29, 2015 10:07:35 AM -   #53 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Cool Well Dudes....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmelwak
All i can say is how much i love how this printer prints. But At this point this is the 2nd time in one month we are down from printing and Epson parts are on back order. Same damn issue prints 4-5 shirts and 2 channels drop out!

Now correct me if im wrong but 2 heads in 30 days wtf! not acceptable! I maintain this printer like no other!!! i have humidity and i print 6 freaking days a week 8-10 hours a day! Now our busiest time of the year and no techs until maybe monday after a call yesterday! This is just unacceptable and if this happens again i will say bye bye to epson and hello kornit or something more reliable! I really thought this printer would be more reliable and now im beginning to think otherwise! Never one issue and 7 months later this!

end rant!

Call me cray cray... but this thread was absolutely all about a purchaser's anger and frustration having to do with:

1.) Ink Channels dropping out (which colors?)
2.) Epson Tech support being way beneath standard
3.) How it impacted his/her ability to sustain an income
4.) The brand new printer's 'unreliability'

Last edited by Rodney; January 30th, 2015 at 01:22 PM.. Reason: OT

The Following User Says Thank You to ghostofmedusa For This Useful Post:
lvprinting (January 30th, 2015)
Old January 30th, 2015 Jan 30, 2015 1:34:43 PM -   #54 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rodney
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Thanked 6,032 Times in 3,228 Posts

Thread note: a lot of off topic posts have been removed from this thread. Let's keep things friendly and professional here please Use the "report bad post" button when things seem to be getting out of hand instead of replying.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rodney For This Useful Post:
EricDeem (January 30th, 2015), ghostofmedusa (February 1st, 2015), Mammath (February 1st, 2015)

This is a discussion about Down again 2nd time within a month that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in