Down again 2nd time within a month - Page 3 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

Down again 2nd time within a month

Like Tree20Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old January 2nd, 2015 Jan 2, 2015 8:28:45 PM -   #31 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: NeoFather Peter
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanked 1,469 Times in 1,161 Posts

Default Re: Down again 2nd time within a month

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmelwak
I cure for 90 seconds. I have shirts that have at least 40 washes and are just as vibrant no cracking or peeling.
No cracking nor peeling is not belong to Epson Printer only To all DTGs. It belongs to your curing skill and Pretreating technique Well done.
Cheers! Happy New Year to NeoEpsonFamily.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 2nd, 2015 Jan 2, 2015 9:02:28 PM -   #32 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by allamerican
No cracking nor peeling is not belong to Epson Printer only To all DTGs. It belongs to your curing skill and Pretreating technique Well done.
Cheers! Happy New Year to NeoEpsonFamily.

Can that new SureColor/Chrome (not sure what it is called) ink be used in the DX5 print head?

Old January 4th, 2015 Jan 4, 2015 10:01:19 AM -   #33 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Randy
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,024 Times in 673 Posts

Short answer Nope, Epson ink matches head with viscosity, the Epson F2000 print head uses a different viscosity than the DX 5

Sent from my SCH-I605 using T-Shirt Forums

Old January 4th, 2015 Jan 4, 2015 10:37:45 PM -   #34 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
I cure for 90 seconds. I have shirts that have at least 40 washes and are just as vibrant no cracking or peeling.
Equipment Zone advised us to cure for 3mins for garments with white underbase. Were you ever advised to cure longer? It would make a huge impact on our production times(obviously) if we took your approach.

No issues with washout at all?

Old January 5th, 2015 Jan 5, 2015 3:27:55 AM -   #35 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Eric Deem
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I think EZ got confused or thought you had a machine with DuPont inks. The Epson inks only require 90 Seconds on a dark garment and 45-60 seconds on light garments.

Old January 5th, 2015 Jan 5, 2015 3:41:09 PM -   #36 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekay317
I think EZ got confused or thought you had a machine with DuPont inks. The Epson inks only require 90 Seconds on a dark garment and 45-60 seconds on light garments.
Turns out I had it wrong again. I was using EZ's Veloci-Jet before I got my Epson and that is when they advised me to cure at 3 mins(Dupont Inks). I guess I never asked again or something. Today I got a call from their staff advising me of the correct times.

Thanks EZ for the customer support!

Old January 7th, 2015 Jan 7, 2015 10:00:56 PM -   #37 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCS2013
Equipment Zone advised us to cure for 3mins for garments with white underbase. Were you ever advised to cure longer? It would make a huge impact on our production times(obviously) if we took your approach.

No issues with washout at all?
JC, have you had any inconsistencies w/ washability at all? Any cracking/ peeling after washes? I know a lot of distributors send f2000 samples that look great, but have you, or do you know of anyone who's performed stress tests on SureColor printed shirts? Assuming you are curing and pre-treating as prescribed (even PT application & 3 min cure times).

Old January 8th, 2015 Jan 8, 2015 5:00:22 AM -   #38 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofmedusa
JC, have you had any inconsistencies w/ washability at all? Any cracking/ peeling after washes? I know a lot of distributors send f2000 samples that look great, but have you, or do you know of anyone who's performed stress tests on SureColor printed shirts? Assuming you are curing and pre-treating as prescribed (even PT application & 3 min cure times).
I've never had an issue. However I was curing at 3mins too. we shall see.

The Following User Says Thank You to JCS2013 For This Useful Post:
ghostofmedusa (January 13th, 2015)
Old January 8th, 2015 Jan 8, 2015 7:31:27 AM -   #39 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

I personally find no issues when curing white t shirts for 30 seconds.

I also find no problems when curing dark shirts for 50-90 seconds.

It all depends on the design, amount of ink used.

I would also suggest pressing in fazes if you are able to.

Old January 13th, 2015 Jan 13, 2015 6:40:30 PM -   #40 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCS2013
I've never had an issue. However I was curing at 3mins too. we shall see.

Sounds like the Epson Ink is, shall we say "there" I guess

In my opinion, a 3 min cure time is fine. I have tested/used every ink brand available (even Chinese generic textile brands). And there is absolutely is no such thing as a 60 second cure (White Ink*)... Not if you want to wash test it even once, without having it crack.

Epson and it's tech support issues may be worth it after all, because having a printed product that doesn't get returned because of fades or cracks is the ultimate goal. We want to make money, not hand it back customers..

Glad to learn that the strength of Epson's White Ink seems ready for commercial use, because it isn't a very expensive unit at all... especially if you cant print high def images with screen print like durability. Thanks!

Old January 15th, 2015 Jan 15, 2015 2:02:31 PM -   #41 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Zhen

Quote:
I have tested/used every ink brand available (even Chinese generic textile brands). And there is absolutely is no such thing as a 60 second cure (White Ink*)... Not if you want to wash test it even once, without having it crack.
Every Brother use I've come across has had fine results curing under 45secs for Brother white ink.

Old January 15th, 2015 Jan 15, 2015 2:05:25 PM -   #42 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

I have cured white ink at 40-50 seconds if theres not alot of ink for the design with no issues at all with epson. Also not every any compliant from my customers of ink cracking fading or peeling. They do love how it almost feels like part of the shirt as well

Old January 20th, 2015 Jan 20, 2015 4:31:52 PM -   #43 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
I have cured white ink at 40-50 seconds if theres not alot of ink for the design with no issues at all with epson. Also not every any compliant from my customers of ink cracking fading or peeling. They do love how it almost feels like part of the shirt as well
DuPont Ink?

Old January 20th, 2015 Jan 20, 2015 4:47:27 PM -   #44 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Talking Magical Ink Curing Time Claims..

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhenjie
Every Brother use I've come across has had fine results curing under 45secs for Brother white ink.

I have only tested Epson compatible ink brands.
Thing is, the only video evidence of a wash & stretch test "ever" was produced by yours truly. And that was for Firebird... Would love to see the proof of 45 sec curing times with any ink, with a couple washes and a nice stretch test following the wash...

This is the part of DTG that is largely claim based, without any evidence. I too can make a shirt look presentable with a 30 second cure, with DuPont even... But as soon as that garment goes through a wash cycle, it becomes trash. Same with any other brand - no such thing a sellable t-shirt cured at 30 secs... Not yet anyways... & you'll rethink that philosophy when a customer tries to return a few dozen Tees that you thought looked 'great' during the sale...

Anyone willing to send me their printed product to conduct an honest video torture test, PM me and I'll provide an address... As long as we're putting it out there, would love to test Surecolor F2000 product, Brother GT series printed product....
*Dark prints only please*
Video will be fair & tastefully produced. Wanna see what that 'expensive' ink can really do

Old January 21st, 2015 Jan 21, 2015 7:58:45 AM -   #45 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Default Re: Magical Ink Curing Time Claims..

Quote:
I have only tested Epson compatible ink brands.
Thing is, the only video evidence of a wash & stretch test "ever" was produced by yours truly. And that was for Firebird... Would love to see the proof of 45 sec curing times with any ink, with a couple washes and a nice stretch test following the wash...

This is the part of DTG that is largely claim based, without any evidence. I too can make a shirt look presentable with a 30 second cure, with DuPont even... But as soon as that garment goes through a wash cycle, it becomes trash. Same with any other brand - no such thing a sellable t-shirt cured at 30 secs... Not yet anyways... & you'll rethink that philosophy when a customer tries to return a few dozen Tees that you thought looked 'great' during the sale...

Anyone willing to send me their printed product to conduct an honest video torture test, PM me and I'll provide an address... As long as we're putting it out there, would love to test Surecolor F2000 product, Brother GT series printed product....
*Dark prints only please*
Video will be fair & tastefully produced. Wanna see what that 'expensive' ink can really do
When everyone posts cure times here, they post for 2 different variables, 1 in which color ink is simply used, and another where color ink is used with a white underbase.

Nowhere did I see anyone make a claim that they could cure a t shirt for only 30 seconds with a white ink underbase, not even myself made that claim. I stated I could go as low as 50 seconds with a dark shirt/white ink, but it depended on the design & amount of ink used.

Why would anyone agree to do a "dark print" and cure it for 30 seconds for you, when no one claimed it could be done ?? Unless I missed something ??

cheers

This is a discussion about Down again 2nd time within a month that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in