neorip printing on heather grey - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

neorip printing on heather grey

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By okprinter
  • 1 Post By schenk

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old December 8th, 2014 Dec 8, 2014 2:29:16 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default neorip printing on heather grey

how do i setup neorip for f2000 to underbase only the light areas of my design? i want to print a heather grey shirt but if i choose the color media environment i get white ink under everything. i want white ink underbase only under light area's. is that possible?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 8th, 2014 Dec 8, 2014 2:49:00 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Boguslaw
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Default Re: neorip printing on heather grey

You schould have dark color media envoirement to chose. If not just set up color media and load white trc curve from black media. You can fiddle with it also.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Smalzstein For This Useful Post:
allamerican (December 11th, 2014), schenk (December 10th, 2014)
Old December 9th, 2014 Dec 9, 2014 4:52:36 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Roy
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenk
how do i setup neorip for f2000 to underbase only the light areas of my design? i want to print a heather grey shirt but if i choose the color media environment i get white ink under everything. i want white ink underbase only under light area's. is that possible?

I use the Charcoal Media template layout - it prints very little if any white ink under your black and then prints white proportionately for the colors of your design.

In fact I am finding that I mainly use the black and charcoal media template layouts for most of my various color shirts. The charcoal media template layout will print the black of the design, but does not use white in these areas. The black media template layout will not print the black as it uses the black from the shirt.

hope that helps
allamerican likes this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to okprinter For This Useful Post:
allamerican (December 11th, 2014), schenk (December 10th, 2014)

Old December 11th, 2014 Dec 11, 2014 1:36:35 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: NeoFather Peter
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Thanked 1,468 Times in 1,160 Posts

Also call Tigers at AA. They will go through with you step by step. It won't take long at all.
Did you found the differences between GC and AA RIP?
Welcome to NeoEpsonFamily.
Cheers! Rips are on me always. From Austria. Midnight.

Last edited by allamerican; December 11th, 2014 at 01:42 PM..

Old December 13th, 2014 Dec 13, 2014 1:44:06 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

thanks for the input, that what i was using. the charcoal template has some disadvantages but definitely does a good job, it can print a little bit too much white in some cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allamerican
Also call Tigers at AA. They will go through with you step by step. It won't take long at all.
Did you found the differences between GC and AA RIP?
Welcome to NeoEpsonFamily.
Cheers! Rips are on me always. From Austria. Midnight.
thanks! 90% of times neorip is much better than CG. my past (other printer) dtg experiences have been wasting around 20+ shirts per month in reprints because of bad colors. neorip saves me lots and lots of time (and money) because its always good. you need to find your way around the program and there are some interface issues that are a annoying but when you see the shirt rolling out of the printer....wow. i never want to print without it. i do lots of 1-10 piece jobs so i get totally different artworks in. its feels great to give a customer top quality.
allamerican likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to schenk For This Useful Post:
allamerican (December 13th, 2014)
Old December 13th, 2014 Dec 13, 2014 11:57:47 PM -   #6 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Thank you so much that You enjoy NeoRIP f2000. Welcome to NeoEpsonFamily.
Did you test ink usage?
Put in same image into GC and same image size to NeoRIP. And read both ink usage. Actually weighting is correct measure but hey this is most people can do for now. It will be a great info to TSF Epson owners.
Cheers! RIPs are on me always.

Last edited by allamerican; December 14th, 2014 at 12:16 AM..

Old December 14th, 2014 Dec 14, 2014 7:08:24 PM -   #7 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenk
thanks for the input, that what i was using. the charcoal template has some disadvantages but definitely does a good job, it can print a little bit too much white in some cases.

thanks! 90% of times neorip is much better than CG. my past (other printer) dtg experiences have been wasting around 20+ shirts per month in reprints because of bad colors. neorip saves me lots and lots of time (and money) because its always good. you need to find your way around the program and there are some interface issues that are a annoying but when you see the shirt rolling out of the printer....wow. i never want to print without it. i do lots of 1-10 piece jobs so i get totally different artworks in. its feels great to give a customer top quality.
White ink drop can be adjusted in RIP. 90% better? Wait until you getting used it. Than 100% soon. Lol.
If you can please,
Compare printing time.
Compare ink usage.
Compare final print looks. Especially 1/2 tone to photo images. Fades.
Cheers! RIPs are on me always.

This is a discussion about neorip printing on heather grey that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in