WH3 and WH4 not printing - Page 4 - T-Shirt Forums
 

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?





Site Navigation








+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.



WH3 and WH4 not printing

Like Tree13Likes

 
Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old February 3rd, 2015 Feb 3, 2015 4:29:23 PM -   #46 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

shanetuttle's Avatar
 
You can call me: shane
Member Since: May 2012
Location: Houston, Texas US of A
Posts: 155
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 35
Thanked 29 Times in 18 Posts


Default Re: WH3 and WH4 not printing

I am having similar issues. What is a good humidifier to get? Is there a difference between cool mist, warm mist and do they all "mist?"

Last edited by shanetuttle; February 3rd, 2015 at 05:09 PM..
 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old February 3rd, 2015 Feb 3, 2015 4:47:36 PM -   #47 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

equipmentzone's Avatar
 
You can call me: Harry
Member Since: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,718
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 55
Thanked 1,074 Times in 921 Posts


Default Re: WH3 and WH4 not printing

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanetuttle
I am have similar issues. What is a good humidifier to get? Is there a difference between cool mist, warm mist and do they all "mist?"


You want to use an evaporative type humidifier. This humidifier model has worked well for many of our customers. It has dual large water bottles so does not need to be refilled constantly.

Essick Air Products Decor Series 5.5 gal. Evaportive Humidifier for 2700 sq. ft.-4DTS 900 at The Home Depot

Also available on Amazon.

_
 
Old February 3rd, 2015 Feb 3, 2015 5:29:42 PM -   #48 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

shanetuttle's Avatar
 
You can call me: shane
Member Since: May 2012
Location: Houston, Texas US of A
Posts: 155
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 35
Thanked 29 Times in 18 Posts


Default Re: WH3 and WH4 not printing

Ugh. This machine is killing me. I cleaned and cleaned and now I am almost out of white. I will get a good nozzle check, but when I go to print, it's as if the white stops working. So I do a nozzle check and not all of the whites are perfect. Rinse. Repeat. Soap in my damn eyes.
 
 
Old February 4th, 2015 Feb 4, 2015 4:32:10 AM -   #49 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

bakedts's Avatar
 
You can call me: Dan
Member Since: Jan 2014
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 328
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 2
Thanked 119 Times in 61 Posts


Default Re: WH3 and WH4 not printing

Call Epson and have them replace your printhead and dampers.
__________________
www.bakedts.com
 
Old October 17th, 2015 Oct 17, 2015 2:58:25 AM -   #50 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

eclectix's Avatar
 
You can call me: Sander
Member Since: Nov 2008
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


Default Re: WH3 and WH4 not printing

Same problem here. My machine is nearly two years old now. 6 months ago, the dampers were replaced (felt just outside the first year but treated within warranty by Epson). Now only 6 months later, same problem appears. Nozzles started to fall out on daily basis again. And which nozzles fall out varies, so the ones that are blocked could be open on the next nozzle check.

The technician came over 3 times now. Dampers were replaced two times in a week. Print head was renewed just yesterday, but it seems like the issue persists.

This problem is known to Epson as they made justifications on the dampers already and I was told they are working on a new version of the white ink.

Replacing print-heads and dampers didn't work this time. I hope it isn't gonna be what I was afraid of before of buying a DTG. Issues upon issues and huge mechanic bills.

Keep U's posted....
__________________
Sander from Eclectix T-shirt Graphix
eclectix.nl
 
Old November 12th, 2015 Nov 12, 2015 3:02:13 AM -   #51 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Amelion's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2015
Posts: 118
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 3
Thanked 16 Times in 13 Posts


Default Re: WH3 and WH4 not printing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakedts
Update on our issue...
We called Epson and they seemed like they knew exactly what the issue was and said they would send parts and a service tech to fix. Got a call a few hours ago that they are having an issue getting the parts and would let us know when they can get them. They did not give any timeframe and we are in our busiest time of the year without the ability to provide our customers with quality prints. Hopefully, this will get resolved soon or we can get Epson to at least send us a machine to use. We don't think it is a humidity issue since we have been printing DTG for 4 years with another brand printer, however, we did order a humidifier just to eliminate any potential humidity issues.
I have the same problem (started yesterday).
Lost the WH3 and WH4 channels.
5700 prints in about five months (50% of these with white).
It's not a humidity problem, here in the shop we have always the humidity over the 50% and before yesterday was necessary only a light morning cleaning to have all the channels perfect clean.
Also is not a maintenance problem. We clean around the head and the cap daily and leave a little bit of cleaning fluid into the cap over the night, clean the flushing pad once a week and of course tube washing once a month (all of this since the first day).
 
Old November 12th, 2015 Nov 12, 2015 4:12:21 AM -   #52 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

shanetuttle's Avatar
 
You can call me: shane
Member Since: May 2012
Location: Houston, Texas US of A
Posts: 155
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 35
Thanked 29 Times in 18 Posts


Default Re: WH3 and WH4 not printing

If you still have a warranty, call support. It is most likely a pump issue and they will fix it. Most techs will also have a new printhead, see if they will change that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelion
I have the same problem (started yesterday).
Lost the WH3 and WH4 channels.
5700 prints in about five months (50% of these with white).
It's not a humidity problem, here in the shop we have always the humidity over the 50% and before yesterday was necessary only a light morning cleaning to have all the channels perfect clean.
Also is not a maintenance problem. We clean around the head and the cap daily and leave a little bit of cleaning fluid into the cap over the night, clean the flushing pad once a week and of course tube washing once a month (all of this since the first day).
 
Old November 12th, 2015 Nov 12, 2015 5:33:59 AM -   #53 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Amelion's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2015
Posts: 118
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 3
Thanked 16 Times in 13 Posts


Default Re: WH3 and WH4 not printing

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanetuttle
If you still have a warranty, call support. It is most likely a pump issue and they will fix it. Most techs will also have a new printhead, see if they will change that too.
Thanks for the tip
I already called my dealer and, I don't know exactly why, but he will manage the repair under warranty, not an epson technician. He opened an assistant ticket to the epson and they said that is probably the dumper kit.
So I'm waiting him for the dumper change, but at this point I'm not so sure that this will solve the problem.
I'm also sure that he doesn't have experience on the F2000 problems, so I'm scared that this repair could take lot of time.
 
Old November 12th, 2015 Nov 12, 2015 6:44:49 AM -   #54 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Ghoster32111's Avatar
 
You can call me: James
Member Since: Jan 2013
Posts: 608
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 13
Thanked 69 Times in 68 Posts


Default Re: WH3 and WH4 not printing

I learned something from one of the techs that came out for the fourth time to fix this same issue. On this last time around he replaced the ink draining system and the head/dampers. Basically when our distributor set up our printer he set it up where (if you are looking where you load) the drainage tube on the capping side ran across the table it's on to meet up with the other drainage tube for the flushing pad side to the waste container. Basically this wasn't enough of a slope for the ink so when you did a cleaning or whatever not all the ink was making it's way down the drain tube and the ink was slowly drying and would eventually clog the dampers then starve the head which would then dry out. Since his last visit I rerouted all the drain tubes so they are more or less on a strait drop down to the waste container. this has made a huge difference and we haven't had a problem yet. it was just one of those really simple things that could cause nightmares. I'm not saying that is your problem but it is something to consider.
 
The Following User Says Thank You to Ghoster32111 For This Useful Post:
Amelion (November 13th, 2015)
Old November 12th, 2015 Nov 12, 2015 7:40:46 AM -   #55 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

equipmentzone's Avatar
 
You can call me: Harry
Member Since: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,718
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 55
Thanked 1,074 Times in 921 Posts


Default Re: WH3 and WH4 not printing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelion
Thanks for the tip
I already called my dealer and, I don't know exactly why, but he will manage the repair under warranty, not an epson technician. He opened an assistant ticket to the epson and they said that is probably the dumper kit.


You are in Europe so the warranty procedures may be different there. Here in the United States all warranty repairs are done at the customer's location by Epson itself and their technicians.

_

Last edited by equipmentzone; November 12th, 2015 at 08:49 AM..
 
Old November 13th, 2015 Nov 13, 2015 12:40:44 AM -   #56 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Amelion's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2015
Posts: 118
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 3
Thanked 16 Times in 13 Posts


Default Re: WH3 and WH4 not printing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoster32111
I learned something from one of the techs that came out for the fourth time to fix this same issue. On this last time around he replaced the ink draining system and the head/dampers. Basically when our distributor set up our printer he set it up where (if you are looking where you load) the drainage tube on the capping side ran across the table it's on to meet up with the other drainage tube for the flushing pad side to the waste container. Basically this wasn't enough of a slope for the ink so when you did a cleaning or whatever not all the ink was making it's way down the drain tube and the ink was slowly drying and would eventually clog the dampers then starve the head which would then dry out. Since his last visit I rerouted all the drain tubes so they are more or less on a strait drop down to the waste container. this has made a huge difference and we haven't had a problem yet. it was just one of those really simple things that could cause nightmares. I'm not saying that is your problem but it is something to consider.
Some update (I'm still waiting the tech): yesterday we print all the day without white and, checking the nozzles at the end of the day, I realized that were more clear than the day before. After a light clean, they were all perfect. I taken advantage of this and I printed dark shirts until the 22 o'clock. Today same thing.
Only a little dash is missing.
As you suggested I checked the drainage tubes and the longest one seems to have an obstruction of white ink that curve down the tube.
If this obstruction doesn't stops the ink, for sure makes it difficult to reach the drainage bottle.
How do you have rerouted the tubes? I'm thinking to split them into 2 bottle (one per side).
 
Old July 31st, 2017 Jul 31, 2017 5:09:00 PM -   #57 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Gitgotgo's Avatar
 
You can call me: Jewels
Member Since: Jul 2017
Location: Northern Nevada
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


Default Re: WH3 and WH4 not printing

Same problem here with the WH3 and WH4. We are doing the recomendations above shown and the tech is coming out tomorrow. Still half of the white heads are clogged along with the cyan and magenta. Black and Yellow are ok for now. With ink being so expensive running multiple cleaning is costly......
 
Old August 1st, 2017 Aug 1, 2017 1:35:13 PM -   #58 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Ghoster32111's Avatar
 
You can call me: James
Member Since: Jan 2013
Posts: 608
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 13
Thanked 69 Times in 68 Posts


Default Re: WH3 and WH4 not printing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitgotgo
Same problem here with the WH3 and WH4. We are doing the recomendations above shown and the tech is coming out tomorrow. Still half of the white heads are clogged along with the cyan and magenta. Black and Yellow are ok for now. With ink being so expensive running multiple cleaning is costly......
Rerouting the drain tubes either by using two waste containers or make the drain tubes "hug" the table if your setup is possible. Keeps the ink from backing up into the capping station. Also Firebird ink has a tube cleaning product that is really great at breaking up clogs in the drain tube and doing the new daily tube cleaning. It works better than the epson one.
 
Old October 16th, 2017 Oct 16, 2017 12:02:24 PM -   #59 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

ShirtGal's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2014
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 12
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts


Default Re: WH3 and WH4 not printing

I was doing so well! Then the warranty expired and boom. Lost white ink channel #4. Would love to be able to fix it ourselves.
 
Old November 3rd, 2017 Nov 3, 2017 5:08:55 PM -   #60 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Mammath's Avatar
 
You can call me: Mark
Member Since: Jul 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 843
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 46
Thanked 212 Times in 167 Posts


Default Re: WH3 and WH4 not printing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShirtGal
I was doing so well! Then the warranty expired and boom. Lost white ink channel #4. Would love to be able to fix it ourselves.
Unfortunately this is going to be inevitable for all of us out of warranty. At over $3k in parts and labour to repair every time it's going to be a very costly printer to repair, and basically unfeasible to own out of warranty. I see plenty of posts from pissed off owners out of warranty in the FB group when they share how out of pocket they are from repairs.

With so many users documenting the same issue over the years I hoped Epson would have thoroughly addressed the problem by now. But the upgrades just haven't come. Reformulating the white ink by removing pigment hasn't worked, and that has created more issues for the user having to change prior settings to adapt to thinner ink. The cap flushing hasn't worked either and we still see blockages due to the poor design of the cap and drain tubes.

At the end of the day everyone loses, both the owners and Epson. Resale value is absolute peanuts, and one would have to be stark raving mad to buy a F2000 these days given the information available.
ShirtGal likes this.
 






This is a discussion about WH3 and WH4 not printing that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.


Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)
.

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2014 T-ShirtForums.com. All rights reserved.