WH3 and WH4 not printing - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

WH3 and WH4 not printing

Like Tree13Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old November 25th, 2014 Nov 25, 2014 4:06:23 PM -   #16 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: NeoFather Peter
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanked 1,469 Times in 1,161 Posts

Default Re: WH3 and WH4 not printing

Humidity? Good to hear come back 100%. Good service. What was the waiting time?
Cheers! Beers are on me always.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 26th, 2014 Nov 26, 2014 11:05:02 AM -   #17 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Harry
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Thanked 1,075 Times in 922 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyguycarroll
I'm happy to report that our Epson service tech was a great guy and he took care of the issues we were having. Unfortunately, I was out of the shop on Monday when things were fixed, and my shop manager said the tech didn't fill him in on what the issue was I'll probably just call Epson when I get back in town to see what exactly they fixed, just so I can report back on what the issue was, but it sounds like it wasn't a huge deal.

Everything is printing wonderfully now, and just in time for the San Francisco 49ers to place a last minute order for us to overnight in time for the game on Thanksgiving... yeah... we were surprised to get that call

I see the Epson service tech was there the next business day and got you going.

Have a great holiday.

_
allamerican likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to equipmentzone For This Useful Post:
allamerican (November 27th, 2014)
Old November 27th, 2014 Nov 27, 2014 3:38:53 AM -   #18 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Yes, all dealers are depending on EPSON service. So far they are doing very well.
Service, service and Service.
Cheers! EPSONs are on me always.

Old November 27th, 2014 Nov 27, 2014 11:32:09 AM -   #19 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Dan
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Running into same issues. All white channels are not printing with nozzle check. I can only get 1 or 2 prints before I have to do a head cleaning. Of course Epson is closed for the holiday and we have one of our busiest weekends hitting before I can get anything done. Hopefully I can get a loaner on Friday.

Old November 27th, 2014 Nov 27, 2014 3:25:00 PM -   #20 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakedts
Running into same issues. All white channels are not printing with nozzle check. I can only get 1 or 2 prints before I have to do a head cleaning. Of course Epson is closed for the holiday and we have one of our busiest weekends hitting before I can get anything done. Hopefully I can get a loaner on Friday.
I am sure your dealer will provide loaner to you. But on Long Weekend is tuff call but hey who knows. Best luck. If you are AAEpsonFamily call me. 215-593-8698.
My car dealer loans car while they repairs. Does all Epson Dealers should do same?
Cheers! Epsons are on me always.

Last edited by allamerican; November 27th, 2014 at 03:54 PM..

Old November 28th, 2014 Nov 28, 2014 4:05:25 PM -   #21 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

We also had issues with white channels where it took longer to clean, but it was enviromental.

Humidity must be above 55% at all times, and try to keep the temp steady in the room of course.

Also, do not slack on cap station cleanings and other procedures.

We ended up installing baseboard heaters in the room are printer is in, and we learned very fast they suck the moisture out the air as if the winter was not bad enough!! We now have a second humidifer.

Old November 28th, 2014 Nov 28, 2014 4:42:52 PM -   #22 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc101
We also had issues with white channels where it took longer to clean, but it was enviromental.

Humidity must be above 55% at all times, and try to keep the temp steady in the room of course.

Also, do not slack on cap station cleanings and other procedures.

We ended up installing baseboard heaters in the room are printer is in, and we learned very fast they suck the moisture out the air as if the winter was not bad enough!! We now have a second humidifer.

Winter is the worst time for low humidity levels since we are heating the spaces for warmth which dies up the air. Everyone should have a humidity gauge mounted near or, better yet, on the printer so that the humidity level in the space they have the printer in is never a mystery.

We like the AcuRite gauge because it records the highest and lowest humidity levels that day. This way you can double check that the humidity is at the proper level all day and night, not just when you're there. As was posted before - this is the best $10 purchase you can make.

Amazon.com - AcuRite 00613A1 Indoor Humidity Monitor - Weather Stations

_

Last edited by equipmentzone; November 28th, 2014 at 04:54 PM..

Old November 29th, 2014 Nov 29, 2014 5:36:58 AM -   #23 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: kip

Does this humidity problem effect only the Epson or all DTG printers? I am in an old brick building typical of New England mill structures. I have 550 square feet and the rooms never get above 61 degrees and of course the air is super dry in the winter, especially in Maine. Will this be a factor? I wonder if I will need to look for a new space.

Old November 29th, 2014 Nov 29, 2014 6:59:44 AM -   #24 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jerid
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,122 Times in 788 Posts

Humidity is good for inkjet printing system in general and dtg printers, due to their inks, thrive better in higher humidity climates. Marc101 mentioned needing 55% on his EPSON and I don't see this as a rule of thumb. It may be due to his geographical location, but 40-50% humidity is typical across the board. We are in this range (Florida) naturally and don't see the dropping out issues others are experiencing.

All dtg printers like humidity...

Old November 29th, 2014 Nov 29, 2014 7:00:08 AM -   #25 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipart
Does this humidity problem effect only the Epson or all DTG printers? I am in an old brick building typical of New England mill structures. I have 550 square feet and the rooms never get above 61 degrees and of course the air is super dry in the winter, especially in Maine. Will this be a factor? I wonder if I will need to look for a new space.

Proper humidity level is important for all direct to garment printers. All dtg printers use water based inks which are affected if the humidity level in the space they are kept is too low.

The Epson F2000, in fact, seems to have a wider latitude for lower humidity levels then other printer brands. But if the level is too low it too can possibly be affected.

_

Old November 29th, 2014 Nov 29, 2014 7:16:12 AM -   #26 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipart
Humidity will effect all, but Epson f2000 not as much. I think a lot of new owners of the F2000 like myself slacked a little with there machine the first couple months because they figured "its a Epson" but learned fast they still require maintenance and general care, and environment is still very important.

You may not need another space, but you will for sure need to get control of that specific environment for whichever printer you choose.

I am not sure how you can work in temps that never go higher then 61 degrees!!

Old November 29th, 2014 Nov 29, 2014 7:31:26 AM -   #27 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc101
Humidity will effect all, but Epson f2000 not as much. I think a lot of new owners of the F2000 like myself slacked a little with there machine the first couple months because they figured "its a Epson" but learned fast they still require maintenance and general care, and environment is still very important.

You may not need another space, but you will for sure need to get control of that specific environment for whichever printer you choose.

I am not sure how you can work in temps that never go higher then 61 degrees!!

As you pointed out, proper environment is important, even with the F2000 wider operating range.

What many people do in a large or uninsulated space is to partition off an area to keep the printer in. A portioned off space makes it easier to maintain the humidity with a humidifier and the temperature with a small heater or air conditioner. You can use sheetrock or even plastic sheeting.

We had one clever customer who purchased a greenhouse kit from Harbor Freight and plopped it in the middle of his large warehouse. Put his printer inside with a humidifier and says it worked great.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg greenhouse-2.jpg (106.6 KB, 39 views)
allamerican likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to equipmentzone For This Useful Post:
allamerican (November 29th, 2014)
Old November 29th, 2014 Nov 29, 2014 7:35:02 AM -   #28 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jerid
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,122 Times in 788 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by equipmentzone
We had one clever customer who purchased a greenhouse kit from Harbor Freight and plopped it in the middle of his large warehouse. Put his printer inside with a humidifier and says it worked great.
I will say, even though humidity is essential for a good consistency of printing with dtg, if we have to go to this measure, we are doing something wrong. This isn't a dig on you or your equipment, it's an indicator that something needs to change and technology needs to improve to avoid this type of necessity. Again, not directed towards you, but we manufacturers and providers of dtg equipment, and a challenge for us to improve our final products.
allamerican likes this.

Old November 29th, 2014 Nov 29, 2014 7:41:07 AM -   #29 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

If you have a large warehouse space in a very dry climate with 5% to 10% humidity, the greenhouse idea is a very clever quick, inexpensive (Harbor Freight) to setup and keep a printer in a proper environment.

The point is that ALL printing equipment, dtg and others, have certain environment requirements to operate properly. If you are running an offset paper printer in the wrong environmental conditions you will have severe problems with the paper, in addition to ink problems. Anyone purchasing a dog printer needs to be aware of these requirements and take the steps needed to meet them in the space they are putting their printers into. We make sure to let our customers know the operating parameters of the F2000, as I am sure most dealers also do. We all want our customers to succeed.
_

Last edited by equipmentzone; November 29th, 2014 at 07:50 AM..

Old December 1st, 2014 Dec 1, 2014 10:07:31 AM -   #30 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Dan

Update on our issue...
We called Epson and they seemed like they knew exactly what the issue was and said they would send parts and a service tech to fix. Got a call a few hours ago that they are having an issue getting the parts and would let us know when they can get them. They did not give any timeframe and we are in our busiest time of the year without the ability to provide our customers with quality prints. Hopefully, this will get resolved soon or we can get Epson to at least send us a machine to use. We don't think it is a humidity issue since we have been printing DTG for 4 years with another brand printer, however, we did order a humidifier just to eliminate any potential humidity issues.

This is a discussion about WH3 and WH4 not printing that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in