Printer asking for white ink tube wash again after 2 weeks of last wash. - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

Printer asking for white ink tube wash again after 2 weeks of last wash.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JeridHill

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old November 19th, 2014 Nov 19, 2014 7:44:02 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Victor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Printer asking for white ink tube wash again after 2 weeks of last wash.

I did white tube ink wash on printer 16 days ago and now it is showing the same message again. Has anyone else had this issue? I don't want to throw away $130 worth of ink if not necessary, but I also don't want any warranty issues.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 19th, 2014 Nov 19, 2014 9:39:46 AM -   #2 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jerid
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,122 Times in 788 Posts

Default Re: Printer asking for white ink tube wash again after 2 weeks of last wash.

You need to make sure your firmware is fully up to date. The original firmware was every 2 weeks, this has changed.

Here's a video on how to update your firmware.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKwe...-AexTJ2zaHaU7i

Don't worry about flushing out the white ink for another 2 weeks. The system records when you do them and it should be on a 30 day cycle. If you wait two weeks, it will be recorded you did it at a proper time.

Old November 20th, 2014 Nov 20, 2014 1:30:24 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: NeoFather Peter
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Thanked 1,469 Times in 1,161 Posts

Default Re: Printer asking for white ink tube wash again after 2 weeks of last wash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c2cprinters
I did white tube ink wash on printer 16 days ago and now it is showing the same message again. Has anyone else had this issue? I don't want to throw away $130 worth of ink if not necessary, but I also don't want any warranty issues.
How many shirts did you print? I am pretty sure software runs both way Shirts count and Time. Similar as Car. Mileage and Time.
Cheers! Inks are on me always.

Old November 20th, 2014 Nov 20, 2014 2:39:42 AM -   #4 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

The tube washing is on a 30 day timer only, it doesn't matter how many shirts are printed, 1 or 10,000.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JeridHill For This Useful Post:
allamerican (November 20th, 2014), scuba_steve2699 (November 20th, 2014)
Old November 20th, 2014 Nov 20, 2014 5:04:48 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Randy
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,024 Times in 673 Posts

Probably mentioned earlier but any power failure or burp can cause the tube wash message to occur. Keep a log of when you do your maintenance, print out the printer status page, this tells all the maintenance that has been done. If for some reason the wash message occurs prior to 30 days, dont do it! Just bypass until it is due, but keep logs for epson, also call the epson tech line and get it on record. Helps everyone get a fix and protects u.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using T-Shirt Forums

Old November 20th, 2014 Nov 20, 2014 5:19:40 AM -   #6 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderx1
Probably mentioned earlier but any power failure or burp can cause the tube wash message to occur.
Good point.

In order to determine if this happened, when you print out the report, there will be an error 3000 at the bottom of the page. In the Tampa Bay area, we get a lot of power outages! (See attached)

To print the report:

On the Printer
1. Place an 8.5"x11" paper on the edge of a 14x16 platen closest to you and to the right
2. Push Menu Button (Right Arrow)
3. Scroll to and select Printer Status
4. Select Print Status Sheet
5. Select OK
6. Select OK
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ErrorCode.jpg (69.3 KB, 32 views)
BQMatt likes this.

Old November 20th, 2014 Nov 20, 2014 8:27:00 AM -   #7 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: NeoFather Peter
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Thanked 1,469 Times in 1,161 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeridHill
The tube washing is on a 30 day timer only, it doesn't matter how many shirts are printed, 1 or 10,000.
Where I can find this manual? 10,000? Without self flushing? Hummm~
If you are right Epson should update this cycle. I went by common sense.
Cheers! Inks are on me always.

Old November 20th, 2014 Nov 20, 2014 8:29:12 AM -   #8 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

I try my hardest to always give information that is verified. This information was given to me from EPSON themselves throughout our training. They never mentioned 10,000 prints, but what they said was it's not print count related but on a 30 day timer.

Old November 29th, 2014 Nov 29, 2014 10:42:45 PM -   #9 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Daryl

Can you bypass the tube wash??

Old November 30th, 2014 Nov 30, 2014 1:38:28 PM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl Ragen
Can you bypass the tube wash??
I believe you can ignore it, but it may void the warranty.

I can see people ignoring these type of things in a few years as warranties run out or people dont renew them, so it will be interested to see how these machines hold up over a long period of time under different conditions.

Old November 30th, 2014 Nov 30, 2014 2:11:35 PM -   #11 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Daryl

I understand there would be white sediment build up over a period of time, however, I use my F2000 alot so surely it would only need a flush if you are not using it as much. I was in the middle of a job and I had just under half of white ink left I thought I had heaps left then BINGO the bloody tube wash came up and I had no idea on how to over ride so I had to do it. I then had to recharge the white in and there wasn't enough so no machine for two days until I get more white.

I'm learning new stuff every day.

Old November 30th, 2014 Nov 30, 2014 3:20:17 PM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl Ragen
I understand there would be white sediment build up over a period of time, however, I use my F2000 alot so surely it would only need a flush if you are not using it as much. I was in the middle of a job and I had just under half of white ink left I thought I had heaps left then BINGO the bloody tube wash came up and I had no idea on how to over ride so I had to do it. I then had to recharge the white in and there wasn't enough so no machine for two days until I get more white.

I'm learning new stuff every day.
I hear you! I got smacked at the exact 30 day mark of starting our machine.
The first month was also hard because we were not marketing our services or products that used white ink, so the cleaning seemed less justified. We now sell many many shirts that use white ink, so the cost is minimal in the grand skeem of things.

Old November 30th, 2014 Nov 30, 2014 3:44:30 PM -   #13 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Let me help shed some light on the tube washing procedures. I've mentioned it in another thread, but since I don't feel like searching, I'll just give a good procedure to follow here.

After discussing the white tube washing with EPSON, the idea is not to stop your production, so the following procedure is perfectly ok to follow.

The tube wash was triggered and instead of worrying about flushing everything out on the spot, let it go. If this happened to you in the middle of the week, wait until the end of the week before you do your tube wash. If you plan on letting it sit over the weekend, then instead of doing a tube wash, do a white ink replacement instead. It will replace the white ink with cleaning solution, then turn off your system. Load the white ink when you are ready to do your next white ink job.

EPSON is not trying to stop you from production, they are trying to stop problems from happening. So you can continue to print, you just get the screen telling you to do it. The system does record the last time you did a tube flush or a replace white ink etc, so it is still important to do it all, but you can buy some extra time by using these methods.

Old November 30th, 2014 Nov 30, 2014 5:42:44 PM -   #14 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Harry
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Thanked 1,075 Times in 922 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeridHill
Let me help shed some light on the tube washing procedures. I've mentioned it in another thread, but since I don't feel like searching, I'll just give a good procedure to follow here.

After discussing the white tube washing with EPSON, the idea is not to stop your production, so the following procedure is perfectly ok to follow.

The tube wash was triggered and instead of worrying about flushing everything out on the spot, let it go. If this happened to you in the middle of the week, wait until the end of the week before you do your tube wash. If you plan on letting it sit over the weekend, then instead of doing a tube wash, do a white ink replacement instead. It will replace the white ink with cleaning solution, then turn off your system. Load the white ink when you are ready to do your next white ink job.

EPSON is not trying to stop you from production, they are trying to stop problems from happening. So you can continue to print, you just get the screen telling you to do it. The system does record the last time you did a tube flush or a replace white ink etc, so it is still important to do it all, but you can buy some extra time by using these methods.

Very good explanation by Jerid. Exactly what Epson has told us also. These procedures were put in place to help keep the printer running trouble free.

_

Last edited by equipmentzone; November 30th, 2014 at 05:48 PM..

This is a discussion about Printer asking for white ink tube wash again after 2 weeks of last wash. that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in