F2000 Printing on Comfort Colors? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

F2000 Printing on Comfort Colors?

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By tyguycarroll
  • 1 Post By allamerican-aeoon
  • 1 Post By spiderx1
  • 1 Post By tyguycarroll
  • 1 Post By allamerican-aeoon
  • 3 Post By Marc101
  • 1 Post By spiderx1

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old November 7th, 2014 Nov 7, 2014 8:07:52 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Tyler
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default F2000 Printing on Comfort Colors?

Our F2000 setup arrives at our shop Monday morning, and we are pretty stoked to get it up and running! We have been DTG printing for about 3 years, and have had pretty good luck with a pretty broad range of t-shirt brands. With that, does anyone have experience printing on Comfort Colors tees with their F2000? Fill me in, as we are beginning to get into Greek gear, and they love that brand
143apparel likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 8th, 2014 Nov 8, 2014 6:24:11 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: NeoFather Peter
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Thanked 1,468 Times in 1,160 Posts

Default Re: F2000 Printing on Comfort Colors?

EPSON's ink is top of the line. Pretreat also. It will give you many choices of shirts to print.
Do as you have been doing. It will do better not less.
Cheers! Inks are on me always.
143apparel likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to allamerican-aeoon For This Useful Post:
tyguycarroll (November 8th, 2014)
Old November 8th, 2014 Nov 8, 2014 8:15:11 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Randy
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,024 Times in 673 Posts

Comfort Colors are popular but far from being good for DTG. However you can get excellent prints by experimenting with your pretreat. Problems you may encounter are, staining from pretreatment, scorching, fibrillation, or fibers sticking up. So, you must know absolutely the temp of your press, no an IR gun will not be as accurate or as reliable as a full contact probe. http://www.heatpress.com/product.php?pn=199. U can play with pretreatment application, for light colors u must dilute the epson pretreatment, try different dilutions. Try multiple short presses allowing steam to escape between presses. These shirts will require more pretreatment and require more care in dissipating the moisture while still reaching the temps required. Consider using a white underbase on your light colors. You can back off the white level but the white will help hold down the fibers and improve washability. These shirts should command a premium price due to difficulty and increased time and material cost.
143apparel likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to spiderx1 For This Useful Post:
tyguycarroll (November 8th, 2014)

Old November 9th, 2014 Nov 9, 2014 12:42:41 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Tyler

Thanks for the advice! Love the knowledge-base on the forums here Been a lurker for years, but finally decided to become an active user a few weeks ago

Anyone have experience printing on the Next Level Apparel CVC material (6210 for example)? It is a 60/40 Cotton/Poly blend. Just curious!
143apparel likes this.

Old November 9th, 2014 Nov 9, 2014 1:09:42 PM -   #5 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Often, very often people talk about Shirt kinds.
Yes, better shirt prints better but if you are good printer you can print on Gilden well. Below picture is one of AA customer who only uses Gilden nothing but. Many washes also. READ Tag 4washes and dried. Well his choice and doing well.
How? Lol. Call Tigers.
Cheers! Beers are on me always.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (145.2 KB, 62 views)
143apparel likes this.

Old November 9th, 2014 Nov 9, 2014 3:41:33 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Hey

I have never used comfort colors, but I have had success with a few other brands.

I have tried American Apparel, Jerzees & Gildan Ultra cotton. ( I will post AA and jerzee models soon)

I found they all gave a similar looking print, although American apparel and Jerzees were slightly better, but not enough for the average joe to care or really notice.
Best to worst is AA, Jerzees then Gildan Ultra cotton.

In the end we settled with Jerzees because the price and quality was decent enough, but still offer AA as a choice to people that want a better quality shirt. We no longer use Gildan(sorry gildan lol)
I also felt like Gildan obsorbed more pre treat then the others.

On a side note, and lesson to others. I recently let a customer supply me with 60 of there own shirts, "Gildan Soft Style" and they gave me a bit of trouble, and did not produce a quality print like the 3 others I mentioned. Although I made it work, here is the first commandment of DTG printing.

Thou shall not let customers supply you with there own T Shirts!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Marc101 For This Useful Post:
tyguycarroll (November 10th, 2014)
Old November 10th, 2014 Nov 10, 2014 8:23:12 PM -   #7 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

My opinion
Good shirts are easy to print but Gilden can printed well too. Build your sweet spot. My customer who print above said other shirts are trouble some. Lol. He got me.
Do I like Gilden? Yes on cheap, never shortage of inventory . No on not easy to all. Who is good printer? Prints on any shirts. Lol.

Old November 11th, 2014 Nov 11, 2014 12:53:04 AM -   #8 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Randy
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,024 Times in 673 Posts

LOL. Having the customer bring their own shirt is a lot like the old car mechanic saying. 25$ hour if I do it, 35$ hour if u watch and 45$ per hour if u help.
allamerican likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to spiderx1 For This Useful Post:
allamerican (November 12th, 2014)
Old November 12th, 2014 Nov 12, 2014 1:51:55 AM -   #9 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderx1
LOL. Having the customer bring their own shirt is a lot like the old car mechanic saying. 25$ hour if I do it, 35$ hour if u watch and 45$ per hour if u help.

Shirts are important but not important as your skill and chemical choice.

This is a discussion about F2000 Printing on Comfort Colors? that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in