Shirts printed with the Epson F2000 - Page 4 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

Shirts printed with the Epson F2000

Like Tree30Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old May 29th, 2015 May 29, 2015 6:17:24 AM -   #46 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Todd
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Shirts printed with the Epson F2000

For some reason I find when I use Gildan I have to go thicker with the pretreat. Someone mentioned that its due to the weave of the cotton. My best luck has been on the Hanes Nano's or the Fruit Of The Loom HD. Has anyone else run into this issue ?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 29th, 2015 May 29, 2015 6:20:59 AM -   #47 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Harry
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Thanked 1,075 Times in 922 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Michael
For some reason I find when I use Gildan I have to go thicker with the pretreat. Someone mentioned that its due to the weave of the cotton. My best luck has been on the Hanes Nano's or the Fruit Of The Loom HD. Has anyone else run into this issue ?

Very common issue with the Gildan t-shirts. They are ideal for screen printing but they do have a reputation in the industry for not printing well with direct to garment printing.

_

Last edited by equipmentzone; May 29th, 2015 at 07:31 AM..

Old May 29th, 2015 May 29, 2015 7:27:26 AM -   #48 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Geno
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I have excellent results with the Gildan Ultra Cotton 2000's. Especially when using Digital Factory over garment printer.

I am sure that I can get even better results with a tight weave shirt but this is a business and you have to go with the best-est for the most-est value.

Old June 29th, 2015 Jun 29, 2015 10:49:56 AM -   #49 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Todd

Please bear with me because I am new to this and I do not want to offend anyone here. I've been reading the forum and have gotten great insight. I am not posting this as a complaint or rant but I am in need of help. I have a family business in Michigan with my brother Vic. We have an f2000 dtg printer a viper 1 pretreat machine and 14 x 16 heat press all bought thru Stahls. The printer prints a quality of a vinyl transfer and its been compared to plastisol. I have been to Stahls Site, You Tube , And Vipers Site. I have talked to Stahls tech support I have talked to Epson Tech support. We are using the Epson pretreat on all our colored shirts. I have been told from Epson that pretreat should be mixed 2 parts water 1 part pretreat. That worked so good it was like running gasoline in a diesel... Sprayed 64 ounces of pretreat all over the office. I tried 50/50 and the pretreat on the shirt feels gummy. I've tried changing saturation, print quality, reducing the white, increasing and decreasing color, all on the garment creator software. Nothing we are doing is giving us the quality that we saw at the trade show before we bought the equipment. I am at my wits end even the sales rep that sold us the equipment has been less than helpful. If anyone can help with this please contact me. I'm at the point of frustration and tired of running around in circles.

If you can't laugh you gotta cry so I finish this posting with a story... An old master mechanic told me something back when I was much younger and worked on cars. We were watching a guy who was just starting out going to the snap on truck. He bought the best and most expensive tools. He didn't know how to use them but he bought the best. The old mechanic laughed as the guy got off the truck and said... "Give a monkey a torque wrench." Right now I'm feeling like the monkey.

Todd

Old June 29th, 2015 Jun 29, 2015 11:16:44 AM -   #50 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Eric Deem
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Please bear with me because I am new to this and I do not want to offend anyone here. I've been reading the forum and have gotten great insight. I am not posting this as a complaint or rant but I am in need of help. I have a family business in Michigan with my brother Vic. We have an f2000 dtg printer a viper 1 pretreat machine and 14 x 16 heat press all bought thru Stahls. The printer prints a quality of a vinyl transfer and its been compared to plastisol. I have been to Stahls Site, You Tube , And Vipers Site. I have talked to Stahls tech support I have talked to Epson Tech support. We are using the Epson pretreat on all our colored shirts. I have been told from Epson that pretreat should be mixed 2 parts water 1 part pretreat. That worked so good it was like running gasoline in a diesel... Sprayed 64 ounces of pretreat all over the office. I tried 50/50 and the pretreat on the shirt feels gummy. I've tried changing saturation, print quality, reducing the white, increasing and decreasing color, all on the garment creator software. Nothing we are doing is giving us the quality that we saw at the trade show before we bought the equipment. I am at my wits end even the sales rep that sold us the equipment has been less than helpful. If anyone can help with this please contact me. I'm at the point of frustration and tired of running around in circles.

If you can't laugh you gotta cry so I finish this posting with a story... An old master mechanic told me something back when I was much younger and worked on cars. We were watching a guy who was just starting out going to the snap on truck. He bought the best and most expensive tools. He didn't know how to use them but he bought the best. The old mechanic laughed as the guy got off the truck and said... "Give a monkey a torque wrench." Right now I'm feeling like the monkey.

Todd
Try a different pretreat like Image Armor. I have had great success using the Epson pretreat. It should be mixed 1:1 with distilled water and can only be used on garment that require white ink. If you try to use the Epson pretreat on a white tshirt with CMYK ink only it will not wash correctly. Drop me an email or give me a call and I will be happy to try and resolve your issues.

[email protected]
877-202-0886 x 105
gatorGRAFIX likes this.

Old June 29th, 2015 Jun 29, 2015 11:34:24 AM -   #51 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:

Todd

Just need some guidance and everything will work.

Sent you a pm.

_

Old June 29th, 2015 Jun 29, 2015 12:08:01 PM -   #52 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

I own a f2000 and i will not use epson's pretreat. I only use Image Armor. I feel that pretreat should just be shaken and used. Not mixed by the buyer. And i never had any problems with Image Armor. I hear alot of people have problems with epson pretreat. Due to alot of readons. But if you have problems with Image Armor then its most likely you sprayed to much or to little. Try out image armor and let me know how that works, use the ultra for darks and light for white shirts. Btw Image Armor is only 50$.
gatorGRAFIX likes this.

Old October 16th, 2015 Oct 16, 2015 10:24:15 AM -   #53 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

I think my print head is done? It started pooling alot in random parts of the design with the white ink, and its kind of sketchy with the colors. I did alot of the print head cleaning and its got a lil better but the same thing happens. Any1 else have/had this problem?

Old October 16th, 2015 Oct 16, 2015 11:21:31 AM -   #54 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Contact Epson Support and they should be able to sort it out for you.

_

Old November 9th, 2015 Nov 9, 2015 1:11:18 PM -   #55 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

these prints look good when printed but do they look worse when heat is applied , also what temp is need to cure these also time needed when pressed , the white ink doesn't last long what do you think

Old November 9th, 2015 Nov 9, 2015 1:21:58 PM -   #56 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithy69
these prints look good when printed but do they look worse when heat is applied , also what temp is need to cure these also time needed when pressed , the white ink doesn't last long what do you think

The shirt pictures that are posted on the forums are usually of prints that have been dried.

For the F2000 inks, Epson recommends 45 seconds at 338 degrees F for CMYK prints. 90 seconds at 338 degrees F for white ink prints. White ink washability and durability should be very good.

_

Old November 9th, 2015 Nov 9, 2015 5:13:42 PM -   #57 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Geno
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I have posted a bunch of t-shirt shots in here. If you see one with the F2000 hoop on it then the t-shirt has not been cured yet. Anything that isn't still on the pallet in my photos and laying flat has been heated and pressed.

I have another theory why I might be having such good success with Gildan 2000 Ultra Cotton t's. I use a teflon sheet for pressing my shirts after they are pretreated. Easy and saves money. This gets the shirt very flat and the fibers all lay down very nicely.

After I print I use either the teflon coated sheet (which dos leave a small smooth sheen on the t-shirt that disappears after the first washing) or the recommended coated paper.

Old November 10th, 2015 Nov 10, 2015 5:55:35 PM -   #58 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Properly printed and dried, the shirt prints should look as good just printed or just dried.

_
Mammath likes this.

Old December 3rd, 2015 Dec 3, 2015 5:49:49 AM -   #59 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Dolores

With the Epson F2000 how do you save your artwork? What DPI, pixels, etc to get the best print for black t-shirts?

Old December 3rd, 2015 Dec 3, 2015 1:59:35 PM -   #60 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Maya

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSuper8
With the Epson F2000 how do you save your artwork? What DPI, pixels, etc to get the best print for black t-shirts?
I've always heard most recommended if using GC is to save as a png at min of 360 DPI. I've learned that for me that tends to vary according to print size, colors & complexity of image...but that's always my very minimum point.

This is a discussion about Shirts printed with the Epson F2000 that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in